Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by gmall33; 08/01/2008 at 07:38 PM.
    www.fastmail.fm Then use it with Chatter
    Does fastmail work with AOL?
    Don't know. Supposedly AOL supports IMAP protocols now so maybe. http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D826GFC00.html

This might help too
    http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/imap/
    Last edited by lb505; 04/27/2004 at 11:16 AM.
    imap: imap.aol.com
    smtp: smtp.aol.com
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmall33
    I've been looking but haven't come across a utility that is able to check my hotmail, yahoo, and aol email accounts. On my desktop I have ePrompter and I love it because I can check multiple hotmail or yahoo accounts. But I want some kind of utility that I can use to check those accounts with my Treo 600 without having to pay the forwarding fees from each email provider. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    FuseMail

With Fusemail, you can pull all your accounts to one place, it supports IMAP and is more reliable tham Fastmail, but then again it is no longer free !

Fuse all your accounts together, and use your wireless email program to fetch them.
    I'm confused. Why don't you just put multiple accounts into the pop3 email application you already have on your treo? The standard email app on the 600 allows multiple accounts, as does SnapperMail and Eudora. Then just have that application check all the accounts.
    Because a lot of the free accounts do not allow smtp, unless you pay extra.
    I second the idea of using fastmail.fm with chatter as long as it suits your needs. Right now, fastmail will pull your hotmail every hour or so (at the enhanced level). Fastmail will also pull your yahoo mail but I think that is still in its beta phase so you may have to wait a bit longer before it is really usable. Fastmails support and service are among the best that I have ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    www.fastmail.fm Then use it with Chatter
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Because a lot of the free accounts do not allow smtp, unless you pay extra.
    But if you just want to _check_ the accounts, you don't need smtp access... just pop3 access. Set each account up to check the incoming mail using service specific pop3 address. Then set each account up to use an existing smtp server (such as sprints or t-mo's).

For example:

Earthlink Account:
    incoming: pop.earthlink.net
    outgoing: myemail.t-mobile.com

AnotherISP account:
    incoming: pop.anotherisp.com
    outgoing: myemail.t-mobile.com
    Just to clarify, I believe what dlbrummels meant is that there is no smtp or pop access to these accounts without paying for the service. For example you have to subscribe to Yahoo Plus to get pop access. I believe hotmail has the same issue.
    Yes your correct, sorry in the rush this morning I didn't explain to well.

You have to pay to use pop access. Fusemail will fuse all the free mail accounts together.
    It does look like Fusemail can get your AOL mail too. But it's not a free service.
    Yes, I have been fusing my accounts for years. They just went pay last month.
    so is there no application that i can put on my treo and use it like outlook express? i want to be able to check my hotmail just like i do when i use outlook on my desktop and laptop.
    If you have Hotmail with Pop access, you can check it with just about any mail program.

If it is a typical free Hotmail account, you could use Fusemail to fuse all your free accounts, then use a mail program to check Fusemail, pop access for the fused mail accounts.
    i didn't know hotmail did pop. I take it you have to pay for that? I didn't really want to use fusemail either as that's another pay program. Why has no one made a program to check hotmail like outlook express?
    Hotmail can retrieve email from 4 different pop accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmall33
    I've been looking but haven't come across a utility that is able to check my hotmail, yahoo, and aol email accounts. On my desktop I have ePrompter and I love it because I can check multiple hotmail or yahoo accounts. But I want some kind of utility that I can use to check those accounts with my Treo 600 without having to pay the forwarding fees from each email provider. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try Onemail:

http://net.worth.com.hk/onemail/main.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast