Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I tried onemail and could not find anywhere in the program anything about hotmail. it says on there website that it does hotmail but I could not get it set up.
    I can tell you that AOL 3.2 does NOT work on my new Treo600. And, when contacting AOL, I can only say what horrible customer service people. The man actually said "well, that's your problem." Is it any wonder he did not email me a 'customer satisfaction' survey?
    Quote Originally Posted by wnbamiamisol
    I can tell you that AOL 3.2 does NOT work on my new Treo600. And, when contacting AOL, I can only say what horrible customer service people. The man actually said "well, that's your problem." Is it any wonder he did not email me a 'customer satisfaction' survey?
    What he meant to say was; " Your still using AOL ? That's your problem !"
    You can buy an application from Handango that will bring your AOL mail to your phone or pda. Be sure and get the one for OS 5.0. About 19.95
    This is the problem I face. I can't access hotmail from work though my comcast email access is ok.

I use GetMail hotmail forwarder and forward all mails to my comcast account and then access that from work! Pretty neat eh?

If you have gprs on the treo, you could download your hotmail account to your treo through this mail forwarding technique!

And here's the best part. GetMail forwarder is free! And with hotmail upping the space to 100mb (thanks to google), this is great!
    Just found this thread. I had been looking for the same thing for quite awhile. I'm an avid ePrompter user and I thought I'd explain how ePrompter works so to show why 90% of these suggestions don't work.

Basically ePrompter uses HTML scraping. This means that it logs in like a normal browser and pulls back the same information your browser would. At that point it strips out all the formatting and delivers just the information for each message into it's little application. You wouldn't know it's not pop3 except that you don't have to pay for pop3 access. You get no adds and you don't have to sit there waiting for your browser to reload the page if you want to see an old mail. Oh and it logs in every minute if you want it to alerting you on your desktop. This means that it's pretty close to push mail, which is handy for those free web-based accounts. You can create and send messages through the same app. I almost never have to log into my hotmail account (which I keep mostly for spam).

So really anything that requires pop mail or talks of smtp is missing the subject all together.

I want to say Aileron crashed my Treo 100% of the time. Gmall, do all those free web-based accounts come with IMAP4 support? I didn't think they did? Lastly, I also tried to use 2bAnywhere, but I want to say that crashed my Treo or just didn't work, I don't remember which.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    I'm confused. Why don't you just put multiple accounts into the pop3 email application you already have on your treo? The standard email app on the 600 allows multiple accounts, as does SnapperMail and Eudora. Then just have that application check all the accounts.

AOL doesn't work on the default "Mail" app. As soon as you enter the email address, user & pass, then tap "next" it says: You appear to have entered an address from an email service that does not work with Mail.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Onemail had a new treo version posted on palmgear this morning, but the link is gone. However, you can still click on the zip file and download it. My concern would be why the link is gone, and that would affect my decision to actually install the app!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Yep it looks like OneMail will do it for you. Unfortunately I paid $20 for pop access to Yahoo mainly so that I can use it on the Treo quickly (web page is too slow, even the optimized ones). I don't want to have to fork over another $30 for what is usually my spam account, so I'll probably skip it. If it was free or $10, it might be worthwhile then.

The most annoying thing is that the Mail application doesn't seem to send mail via Yahoo's Mail Plus. It just hangs forever and never sends.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12