Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am evaluating Zlauncher 4.1 and will most likely register it. I just enabled the option for the signal strength (ZL preference> top bar > signal)but it is far from being accurate. At my home I normally get 1 to 2 bars, ZLaunchers signal strength indicates 12 bars. Can someone else try it and let me know if yours is way off also?
    I noticed that too when I was trying out the new version...seemed that no matter where I was it displayed the full 12 bars...it showed the signal strength number when clicked on (which I assume to be more accurate), but the graphical representation always seemed to be at full strength...
    why can't we get the same signal icon as what we have on sms application? why should zlauncher come up with their own format? and it does not show if data connection is still on (green arrows)
    Last edited by ryker; 04/27/2004 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryker
    why can we get the same signal icon as what we have on sms application? why should zlauncher come up with their own format? and it does not show if data connection is still on (green arrows)
    Yes, I also looked at the signal indicator on Zlauncher.

It, is actually signal quality, not strength.

It is useless, it is either fully on, or off, doesn't indicate anything that a user wants to know.

Still worth the $12.00 for all it does !
    Question - What does the 'signal quality' number mean? I notice mine is lower (in the 70's) when I have 3 or 4 bars of signal strength and higher (upper 90's) when I have 1 bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Question - What does the 'signal quality' number mean? I notice mine is lower (in the 70's) when I have 3 or 4 bars of signal strength and higher (upper 90's) when I have 1 bar.
    When we activated our Goodlink G100 devices, it also gave a numerical value of signal strength. It was explained that the closer to 0 we were, the better the signal quality, as it approached 100, signal was weaker, and over 100 we were almost out of coverage.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  7.    #7  
    Yes, it is signal quality, and I believe it is in DBi, it's the same number as RSSI when you dial ##33284, and RSSI is the same as Rx in the 7th line below. But that signal bars in ZLauncher is clearly not doing anything. Anyone write to the developer on this issue? Would be nice to have signal bars and data arrows that works on this exc. app.

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Yes, I also looked at the signal indicator on Zlauncher.

It, is actually signal quality, not strength.

It is useless, it is either fully on, or off, doesn't indicate anything that a user wants to know.

Still worth the $12.00 for all it does !
    yeah .. someone who has bought zlauncher contact the developer please ... we want default signal indicator with data indicator ..
    Quote Originally Posted by ryker
    yeah .. someone who has bought zlauncher contact the developer please ... we want default signal indicator with data indicator ..
    I did but everyone should harass them about it. I mean, they already have my money. Give them some incentive to get yours.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    My email just got sent to zztechs!
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  11.    #11  
    They don't have my money yet. I just wrote ZZtechs and will post any response I get from them. What are other bugs in ZLauncher that you know about? Did you know ZZTechs is in China?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    I did but everyone should harass them about it. I mean, they already have my money. Give them some incentive to get yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    They don't have my money yet. I just wrote ZZtechs and will post any response I get from them. What are other bugs in ZLauncher that you know about? Did you know ZZTechs is in China?
    I wish it could launch files with the built-in exchange manager thing. For example when you click on a midi in Blazer, it installs to a ringtone. Right now it can only do pictures and docs.

China, yes but whoever is answering the emails does speak pretty good English.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I contacted zztech yesterday and they immediately pointed me to download an updated version (zlauncher v4.20.1) on palmgear - the signal bars do seem better in the update.
    jsg
    Grrr...with the previous version I could have the time, battery, memory, card1, and signal all displayed in the top bar. Now I can't! The signal doesn't show up unless I remove one of the others. And there's plenty of extra space!
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    I know - I have let zztech know, the more that complain, the faster they might fix it....
    They still didn't fix my biggest problem with the signal strength in 4.10. There are areas where I don't get a Cingular signal, but I do have an AT&T signal, but I'm not allowed to roam on AT&T to make normal calls (only emergency). In this case the signal strength is still active! So by looking at the ZLauncher screen I am tricked into thinking I have a signal to make a call, when I really don't.

What improvements were supposed to be in this new version? Maybe I'll just go back to 4.10 to get all my stuff in the top bar again (I've moved it all to the bottom, I'm just so used to it being at the top).
    I have enabled signal strength in prefs, but I dont see any icon on the top bar...?

When I touch my styles there it tells me a signal quality number. But no indicator that I can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virt
    I have enabled signal strength in prefs, but I dont see any icon on the top bar...?

When I touch my styles there it tells me a signal quality number. But no indicator that I can see.
    You must not have a theme that supports the signal strength indicator. Try installing one of the themes that came with ZLauncher.
    Durn. I use my own theme. I don't like the eye-assaulting Zlauncher themes :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Virt

If you have too much icons in the top/bottom bar the signal doesn't appear. Try enabling the signal and deleting all other icons...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast