1.    #1  
    I'm new to this forum. I migrated from PocketPC to Treo600. My biggest complaint of Treo is that after 3 minutes, Treo switches off! When I restart it (power button and centre button) I am back at the home menu. If I was editing a document, or in the details of a contact, I have to open the program and drill my way back down to the detail, only to be thrown out again after another 3 minutes. The Treo battery lasts for days anyway, so why this stingy 3 minute limit? I can set it to be shorter than 3 minutes - AS IF!!! With Pocket PC, when you reactivate the screen you are back at the running program. You can even cycle through several open programs like windows.
    Is there a way to extend (or turn off) the 3 minute curfew?
    Also, what happened to Allegro? I followed the thread on this utility, and then it went dead on 23rd February, the same date lots of other threads dies.
    When I press the button all the way to the right, it picks up exactly where it left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impexis
    I'm new to this forum. I migrated from PocketPC to Treo600. My biggest complaint of Treo is that after 3 minutes, Treo switches off! When I restart it (power button and centre button) I am back at the home menu. If I was editing a document, or in the details of a contact, I have to open the program and drill my way back down to the detail, only to be thrown out again after another 3 minutes. The Treo battery lasts for days anyway, so why this stingy 3 minute limit? I can set it to be shorter than 3 minutes - AS IF!!! With Pocket PC, when you reactivate the screen you are back at the running program. You can even cycle through several open programs like windows.
    Is there a way to extend (or turn off) the 3 minute curfew?
    Also, what happened to Allegro? I followed the thread on this utility, and then it went dead on 23rd February, the same date lots of other threads dies.
    My PocketProtector+ application has a feature that allows you to extend the auto-off timeout to up to 30 minutes. it also has some other nice features that can help save battery life.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  4.    #4  
    Kurt, yes you are right. I had keyguard (from Prefs option) active, which meant that when I press the "screen" button, then I had also to press the centre (of the 5-way) button to become active. That always left me back at the "home" menu (not where I was before). So I have now made "inactive" the keyguard.

Geoff, what about your TreoGuard? The screen shot in your web-page shows "Turn screen off after 30 secs". What other times are available in the time drop list? Do you have a 30 minute option there? Then I'd get what I want PLUS the other TreoGuard features, in just one add-on.
    Geoff, what about your TreoGuard? The screen shot in your web-page shows "Turn screen off after 30 secs". What other times are available in the time drop list? Do you have a 30 minute option there? Then I'd get what I want PLUS the other TreoGuard features, in just one add-on.
    TreoGuard will only turn off the screen during phone calls, which can help save additional battery life, but does not address the issue you want resolved.

I believe the combination of both TreoGuard and PocketProtector+ is an ideal solution. With PocketProtector+, you can adjust the auto-off timeout to be much longer, and prevent accidental power on situations that needlessly drain battery life. With TreoGuard, you can save additional battery life by being able to turn off the screen during phone calls.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM or email me.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Kurt, yes you are right. I had keyguard (from Prefs option) active, which meant that when I press the "screen" button, then I had also to press the centre (of the 5-way) button to become active. That always left me back at the "home" menu (not where I was before). So I have now made "inactive" the keyguard.
    I have keyguard enabled and it still always puts me at the screen exactly where I left off... the only way I can get to the home menu is by pressing the phone hard key.

As for treo allegro, unfortunately it seems to have died off. The developer hasn't been around since February (and no, I don't mean the threads got lost in the server crash... he really hasn't been around since then from what I can tell). Shame since that program really had promise. Luckily most of its functions can be found in other programs.
    Last edited by jennyfur; 04/28/2004 at 12:49 PM.
    This is not related to keyguard. My power button always takes me back to the application I was using. Maybe you have your power button set to bring up the applications screen?! That would be done from Preferences -> Buttons.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    pToolSet is a phenomenal software collection. Check out
    http://www.paulcomputing.com

I cannot begin to list the stuff you can do with program, but it works well with Treo 600 and is a launcher among other powerful things.

The adjustable power off resides within pInfo Tool