Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The beta version 1.50 of Callshield supports using MP3s as ringers.
    I contacted them and through some begging they sent me the beta version.
    They walked me through everything in getting it to work.
    It's a pretty slick little program and until May 1st it's only $19.95
    Someone with more knowledge of the program may want to expound on it other features as I've only just started playing with it.
    www.mantragroup.com/callshield.htm

Careful, their website doesn't seem to like Mozilla very much.
  2.    #2  
    Playing around with it some, I've been able to assign one MP3 as a ringer for my wife and another MP3 for all other people in my contact list.
    I haven't tried this but I imagine you can set another MP3 to play for people not in your contact list.
    With each rule you make, it appears you can set the call to be handled in different ways, like to send it straight to voicemail.
    So, if I wanted, I can make a seperate rule to send specific callers, or everyone not in my contact list or both to voicemail.
    Pretty handy if you don't want to talk to anyone or just want to talk to certain people I guess.

I demod lightwav for awhile and Callshield seems to have pretty much the same options as it does, in addition to all the additional call handling options Callshield has for 3 dollars more.
    Someone with a better understanding of one or both programs is welcome to chime in.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Does the new version of Call Shield include an option to auto answer when a headset is plugged into the unit? I know earlier versions could be set to auto answer, but I'm looking for auto answer only when a headset is plugged in.

When I spoke with them about this a couple of weeks ago, they said they were working on it. It would be great to have that feature.
    Last edited by limoman; 04/28/2004 at 08:12 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I don't see anything like that when I try to set a rule.
    There is an option to answer and an option to announce and talk.
    I'm not really sure what those even do but you can set them as seperate rules for your entire contact list or just individual callers and uncheck that rule when you don't have headphones plugged in and check them when you do.
    Not exactly the perfect solution I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    The beta version 1.50 of Callshield supports using MP3s as ringers.
    I contacted them and through some begging they sent me the beta version.
    They walked me through everything in getting it to work.
    It's a pretty slick little program and until May 1st it's only $19.95
    Someone with more knowledge of the program may want to expound on it other features as I've only just started playing with it.
    www.mantragroup.com/callshield.htm

Careful, their website doesn't seem to like Mozilla very much.
    Web site shows: CallShield 1.50 (PRO Beta) for Treo600

You download Pro, you get V1.34 ?
    I registered the pro and the current download is v.1.34

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I registered the pro and the current download is v.1.34

Ben
    Primate was beta testing and premature in announcing V1.50.

The Mantra Group is updating their site, as well as CallShield.

V1.34 is the common release version.
    The latest beta does support MP3, and quite well. (not ver 1.34)
    Regarding the auto answer only when a headset is plugged in, that is an option. It shows up as a checkbox.
    CallShield does require PTunes for the mp3 option.

There several minor bugs they're trying to work out which is why I believe it is not posted on their website yet.!
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    No real secrets so I think I can speak freely on this.

I can say that the 1.5 beta is working very nicely for me the past two days. MP3's work awesome although it does require ptunes (I created voice mp3 alerts and uploaded them to my pda for each rule). Hasn't crashed or locked up yet....

The beta appears to not use the "blinking star" like the current version does which actually I like much better because I don't auto-delete the sms message. Why delete the message in two spots.... I'm sure the blinking star support will be back when out of beta but would be nice to make it a check mark rather than default.
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    No real secrets so I think I can speak freely on this.

I can say that the 1.5 beta is working very nicely for me the past two days. MP3's work awesome although it does require ptunes (I created voice mp3 alerts and uploaded them to my pda for each rule). Hasn't crashed or locked up yet....

The beta appears to not use the "blinking star" like the current version does which actually I like much better because I don't auto-delete the sms message. Why delete the message in two spots.... I'm sure the blinking star support will be back when out of beta but would be nice to make it a check mark rather than default.
    The blinking star is an option under CallShield Preferences. (Show blinking alert)
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Thanks! I'll wait for the official release of v1.50
    Did you email them and ask to test it ?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Primate was beta testing and premature in announcing V1.50.

The Mantra Group is updating their site, as well as CallShield.

V1.34 is the common release version.
    I stated it was a beta version.
    I also stated that I had to ask them to send me the 1.50 version.
    I don't see how I was premature in my announcement.
    I wanted people to know that the expensive and limited use lightwav wasn't the only option to get MP3 ringers on their Treo.

From what I can tell, Callshield uses Ptunes to play the MP3s.
  13.    #13  
    Just as a point of information, I used their Boldchat interface to talk with someone from Mantragroup and the person I talked to in there is who sent me the beta 1.50 version.
    They also took some time to help me figure something out and I even narrowed down a small bug for them.
    I had to sit in the chat room for around an hour or so I guess before someone got in there and talked to me but he was very helpful and seemed to stick around for quite some time after he got there.
    My guess is he was at lunch when I first got in.
    I stated it was a beta version.
    I also stated that I had to ask them to send me the 1.50 version.
    I don't see how I was premature in my announcement.
    I wanted people to know that the expensive and limited use lightwav wasn't the only option to get MP3 ringers on their Treo.

From what I can tell, Callshield uses Ptunes to play the MP3s.

Quote from Mantra Group:

"The CallShield PRO beta version unfortunately got leaked out. We never expected anybody to announce it in the forums. We are adding some features and were revamping the website when one
    user wanted this feature and thought would be appropriate to give it to
    him. He leaked it out to the forms. We are working towards some of the
    features that are not yet implemented"

You are suppose to be testing, not posting messages concening beta's !

Leave the announcements to the Matra Group, when they are ready to release to the public they will post.
  15.    #15  
    If it's so private, why is it listed here:

http://www.mantragroup.com/callshield.htm

How the heck do you think I knew about it in the first place?
  16.    #16  
    I have no duty to keep information to myself. I signed nothing with them saying I wouldn't talk about the new features and they never said it was a secret release.

For christ sake if you go to their web site and click on Products then Callshield you get a web page that at the very top says:

CallShield 1.50 (PRO Beta) for Treo600

Hardly top secret or at all hidden.

Whatever your motives or reason for being upset, it is misplaced with me.

I've done nothing wrong.

I'm also offended by the implication that I've leaked the beta anywhere.
    I have not given the .prc to anyone at all.
    Hi all,

I am the support person for CallShield. Let me clear up the confusion.

Beta that Primate has is 1.4. It has mp3 ring tones support built in. However, since it is pre-beta version, we haven't given it to the beta users to test it yet. I should say that it is alpha or pre-beta. The version you will see in the app info is 1.40 a or b ( alpha or pre beta depending on the builds).

The website is being built for May1st. Since, Primate needed a mp3 ring tones app, we sent him one. This version was not intended to be announced. CallShield has many users and very loyal beta users who helped us a lot in the past. We want them to see the app first in the line.

We will send a 1.55 beta out tomorrow to all the beta users.

There will be a 2.0 release soon with the following functionalities.

1) Mp3/WAV ring tones
    2) Datebook compatibility
    3) Keyguard Features
    4) Turn on after soft reset
    5) Support for international format and fix for Midi format

You all have a good day and sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
    Mike
    datebook functionality:- I have been waiting for this for a long time. I am excited to use the feature as soon as it is out.

-- socrates
    If it's so private, why is it listed here:

http://www.mantragroup.com/callshield.htm

How the heck do you think I knew about it in the first place?
    Testing a program is one thing, but you were not suppose to be announcing it all over the message board.

Please read the message again from the Manta Group !

And think instead of reacting.
    I have no duty to keep information to myself. I signed nothing with them saying I wouldn't talk about the new features and they never said it was a secret release.

For christ sake if you go to their web site and click on Products then Callshield you get a web page that at the very top says:

CallShield 1.50 (PRO Beta) for Treo600

Hardly top secret or at all hidden.

Whatever your motives or reason for being upset, it is misplaced with me.

I've done nothing wrong.

I'm also offended by the implication that I've leaked the beta anywhere.
    I have not given the .prc to anyone at all.
    Try reading their message about your posting!
    Quote from Mantra Group:

"The CallShield PRO beta version unfortunately got leaked out. We never expected anybody to announce it in the forums. We are adding some features and were revamping the website when one
    user wanted this feature and thought would be appropriate to give it to
    him. He leaked it out to the forms. We are working towards some of the
    features that are not yet implemented"
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast