Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Oh Great! Now I learn that Callshiled (After I paid for it) doesn't play Wav files!!!
    So I paid for Goldwave, and I paid for Callshield, and they are of no use to me because I can't seem to save MP3's out of Goldwave and Callshield only assing MP3's.
    This sucks!
    i can convert wavs and mp3 either direction with Goldwave (free edition) - quit whining. I wish you'd give me some cash for the info!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Hahahaha!
    I'll stop whining when you tell me how (which was my question in the first place!) to do it.
    As I posted before, when I try to save it as an MP3 it gives me an error: "no codec is available to encode or decode the audio format".
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hahahaha!
    I'll stop whining when you tell me how (which was my question in the first place!) to do it.
    As I posted before, when I try to save it as an MP3 it gives me an error: "no codec is available to encode or decode the audio format".
    When in doubt, read:

http://goldwave.ca/forum/viewtopic.p...ighlight=codec

GoldWave Inc.
    Site Admin

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:06 pm Post subject: Re: "No codec is available to encode or decode. GoldWave does not support MP3 encoding directly. You'll need to install a separate encoder. Click here to find more information.

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    When in doubt, read:

Chris
    Thank you Chris
    I read (earlier)
    I personally find it stupid b/c there's an option to save the files to MP3 (if it wasn't going to work it shouldn't be there). Anyhoo. I donwloaded RazorLame, which fixed the earlier issue. I save the files to wav with GoldWave and then encode it with RazorLame.

Thanks so much for your help Chris (k)
    JoJo
    Quote Originally Posted by ziphem
    Ok, so what's the verdict? Once of the issues I have with Lightwave, as with a lot of the MP3 ringers, is that they use PTunes. If I theoretically had MP3s, which I'm not saying I do, I would use PTunes a lot to listen to those MP3s. When the phone rings, Lightwave would play the assigned MP3. But, then when I go back to PTunes to listen to my MP3s (remember, I didn't say I have any!), and the entire playlist I loaded previously is gone, and just the assigned MP3 is there.

So does Callshield in fact use PTunes? I would assume, if it didn't, it wouldn't change my PTunes playlist, right...?

Any info or advice is appreciated! Thanks! Oh, btw, how does it compare to CallFilter's app, in terms of navigability, usability, etc?

Thanks!!
    If, in fact, you did have mp3's and you were listening to a playlist on PocketTunes, and (again theoretically) you received a call and LightWav handled it, when the call was over, you would be returned to your original playlist. One of the nice things LW does.
    I don't know, but I don't see the big deal to being able to assign MP3's as ringtones. I finally was able to do it and am quite disappointed. Maybe it's because it's playing through the Treo speakers which I find doesn't sound all that.
    If the song has too much bass then it just sounds like noise through the Treo's speakers.
    Maybe there's something wrong with my speakers but I doubt it b/c that's always how it has sound.
    Not only that but it's not all that loud really. Yes you can put it to the highes volume but that makes no sense b/c then the song sounds really bad.
    I guess I'm expecting to much.

I wish there was another Treo on the island so that I could compare and see if maybe it is my speakers.
    I don't know, but I don't see the big deal to being able to assign MP3's as ringtones. I finally was able to do it and am quite disappointed. Maybe it's because it's playing through the Treo speakers which I find doesn't sound all that.
    It's 99% novelty, 1% usefulness (a.k.a. The Geek-Factor...).
    I wish there was another Treo on the island so that I could compare and see if maybe it is my speakers.
    It's time to get off the Island
    Hehehe.
    I rather give up on the Treo (Hey watch the stone throwing peoples!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Hey by the way Chris, I found what was the problem with Goldwave (why it didn't save to Mp3 eventhough it's there). I have to add a .dll file from Lame (lame_enc.dll) in the GoldWave directory. With that file in there, it enable Goldwave to encode the wav files to MP3's.

(Just letting you know for info purposes. In case you might want to try it )
    Hey by the way Chris, I found what was the problem with Goldwave (why it didn't save to Mp3 eventhough it's there). I have to add a .dll file from Lame (lame_enc.dll) in the GoldWave directory. With that file in there, it enable Goldwave to encode the wav files to MP3's.

(Just letting you know for info purposes. In case you might want to try it )
    Chris isn't writing you.

Chris was the author of the post on the GoldWave forum, it was pasted for you, to follow link to forum, telling you how to make Goldwave work.
    Oops, sorry dlbrummels. Thought that was your real name
    The msg was meant for you
    No problem, just trying to get you some answers.
    Did you save the converted file to a lower bitrate ? I think i got decent sound at 16mhz and 24bit
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Hey Chick-Dance...where are you?
    As you guys know (from previous postings) I got me Callshiled. Today I downloaded the beta v1.50. (The whole time I thought I was able to assign mp3's in the other version but I was wrong). Anyways, the other version 1.34 (I think) allowed me to see my pics but didn't play the mp3 that I thought I had assigned.
    The v1.50 on the other hand does allow me to to assing mp3's but doesn't show the pics when someone calls. Further more, when I do assing an mp3 in v1.50 it crashed my phone.
    This is what I did:

I assigned a rule for my boyfriend's office number.
    I put for it to just ring.
    I then chose the Mp3 I wanted to play when he calls.
    I went into my fav (where his office had a favorite assigned) and put the sound to silent.
    And then I asked him to call me.
    When he called...puff...my phone reset.
    He said he got a connection was lost msg (since the call was lost).

Wasn't that what Chick-Dance was complaining about.
    And what does this mean? I paid for this apps for nothing???
    Bummer.
    Forget MP3's ringtones. The diggon Midi's didn't cause all these problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    Did you save the converted file to a lower bitrate ? I think i got decent sound at 16mhz and 24bit
    Hmm. I never thought of that.
    I just set GoldWave to the bibrate you gave me (it was set to 44mhz and 128bit!).
    But I'll try it tomorrow.
    I've had too much excitement for the day
    Thanks for the tip.
    I know it's a Callshield thread, but JoJo, have you tried LightWav? I don't think you'll find it near as difficult.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Hello all,

I have tried Lightwav, but I felt that it made my Palm really slow, and I did not like how Ptunes was always running. This new software seems to solve both of those problems, though I still think Ptunes must be installed for MP3 support. I thought I would give the Picture ID a whirl, low and behold it works even with the MP3 ringers, so I am unsure where everyone else is having a problem. Only things that "bug" me are:
    1 the ringtone continues to play.
    2 You have to create an Audio folder.
    I think I will do without for a while, and when they address those two items a purchase will definetly be in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Hello all,

I have tried Lightwav, but I felt that it made my Palm really slow, and I did not like how Ptunes was always running. This new software seems to solve both of those problems, though I still think Ptunes must be installed for MP3 support. I thought I would give the Picture ID a whirl, low and behold it works even with the MP3 ringers, so I am unsure where everyone else is having a problem. Only things that "bug" me are:
    1 the ringtone continues to play.
    2 You have to create an Audio folder.
    I think I will do without for a while, and when they address those two items a purchase will definetly be in order.
    I dont see your issues as "bugs". that is how lightwav is designed. If i am a lightwav user i wouldn't want to miss any calls. if lwav only plays the sound once how and if i dont hear it i'm going to miss the call. as for the audio folder its default and its created by hotsync manager when hotsync sound files.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #1 is a bug. Even after you answer the phone, the ringer continues.
    #2 Bugs me, therefore making it a bug.

I now have a new bug to add to the list. Alot of the ringertones are not working for the call groups that I have set them to correspond with. IE my friend calls and it has no ringtone.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast