Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Remember, mp3 piece of CallShield is still in BETA. They'll fix it just as the others did.

Slightly interested in what LightWav is doing with VideoID but I just don't like the approach of the product. The GUI is ugly, the flexiblity is limited for SMS but it does allow you to assign sounds to other apps. I'm not bashing what LightWav has done because they have done very clever things but it just doesn't work they way I use my Treo.

The rule system of CallShield just has so many advantages over LightWav's approach IMO especially from a SMS point of view (which I use very often). I can see in the distant future, CallShield can use it's filters as triggers to call an app or macro. Perfect example would be to launch Verichat when someone wants me or a macro (using MacroPlay) to launch and update my Palm email app when new email arrives. Dreaming at this point but not impossible.
    The newest LW now does gif caller id - animated and non-animated. I don't need it doing all the things that other apps do. I think CallShield is trying to be too much in one app. They need to figure out its primary objective and limit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Remember, mp3 piece of CallShield is still in BETA. They'll fix it just as the others did.

Slightly interested in what LightWav is doing with VideoID but I just don't like the approach of the product. The GUI is ugly, the flexiblity is limited for SMS but it does allow you to assign sounds to other apps. I'm not bashing what LightWav has done because they have done very clever things but it just doesn't work they way I use my Treo.

The rule system of CallShield just has so many advantages over LightWav's approach IMO especially from a SMS point of view (which I use very often). I can see in the distant future, CallShield can use it's filters as triggers to call an app or macro. Perfect example would be to launch Verichat when someone wants me or a macro (using MacroPlay) to launch and update my Palm email app when new email arrives. Dreaming at this point but not impossible.

we take a big fit when someone tells us our GUI is ugly. what exactly you dont like about Lwav GUI? it is simple to use. you dont have to assign hundreds of filters. I think our GUI is perfectly fine. it is easily layout. the primary design of Lightwav is to replace application alarms and rigntones. we've added sms/mms/voicemail notifcations as a bonus. we are the leader and not followers
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    smiley88, et al. I am trying lightwav right now (paid 2.1 version).
    a).I assigned MP3 ringtone but the Treo's default midi gets on when receiving phone call: What am I doing wrong?
    b). I installed the gif animations but can't find them (in fact, my option are sound and video only).
    I dont want to be the first to say this but "RTFM" . if the midi ringtone stays plays then goto the Phone sound app and set both known and unknown callers tones to "silent"

to get the gif animation working you need to set a default video in the sound/video prefs or goto contact rigntones screen and setup a video for the caller. you need to have gifs in the /dcim folder on the card.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    let's focus on CallShield app here, not Lightwav. smiley88, stop playing cheap techniques. Learn the ethics, sorry had to be harsh but this guy also posts in "Video Recoders by Ryan" posts!

CallShield folks, any idea when this problem will be fixed on GSM.

-iamsocrates
    I was one of the first testers for shield, and I've been posting good things about it ever since. The options discussed have and are still coming. With the other ringer program, it seems to be going the way of GSM only features as us CDMA users cant do the update. The new verision is now out and with the mp3 features, and super rules and sms and groups and keyguard and auto reset and announce and autoanswer and blinking star on/off and auto hangup and need i say more? this one program is enabling me to clean up my treo and delete a few other programs.

thanks CALLSHIELD! I paid for all this other stuff, and you guys let me have the grail for free. Everytime i get a new update i feel bad for not paying, but am eager to help them notice bugs, and I feel even i guess. I'll probably still send them some cash though, the program is worth it.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    As far as CallShield and Picture id what problem do you have ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    In a nutshell: I assigned a picture to my boss' phone number, using the T600 built-in picture ID. Then I assigned an MP3 song to go with the picture via CallShield. The picture does not show when my boss calls. CallShield does not work seamlessly with the built-in picture ID. As discussed here earlier in this thread, Lightwav has solved that problem.
    I just assigned myself a picture id within the Treo Picture Id, set CallShield also for my home number and call my Treo, works fine here !

Glad to see you got Lightwav running, I was answering your post, Dannny beat me to the save.
    I downloaded the Beta verson, Callshield 1.50 Pro. I tried to set a new Phone rule, set the Action to Announce and Talk....but when I goto select File to Play the only option is none. I have the files on my SD card. Do I need to do something else with my mp3 files I want to use for the ringer?
    I am a registered user and just set it up and yepper, it worked. The files on my SD card are stored in the AUDIO folder. I have five files there and each is shown in the selection list. Ben
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by rajc007
    I downloaded the Beta verson, Callshield 1.50 Pro. I tried to set a new Phone rule, set the Action to Announce and Talk....but when I goto select File to Play the only option is none. I have the files on my SD card. Do I need to do something else with my mp3 files I want to use for the ringer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rajc007
    Do you have pTunes installed?
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I am a registered user and just set it up and yepper, it worked. The files on my SD card are stored in the AUDIO folder. I have five files there and each is shown in the selection list. Ben
    --------------
    Thanks, creating an AUDIO folder on the root of my SD card showed the files.
    Hey, I have v1.34 and it does play MP3's!
    That's what the 'announce & talk' option is.
    When you choose 'announce & Talk' it then gives you and option of 'file to play' where you get to choose the MP3 that you want to play.
    Of course you have to make sure that 'play midi' is not checked.

I guess it's originally done so that you can record yourself saying the person's name and then save it as a wav or MP3 and then choose it in the 'announce and play'.

You follow me?
    I have a question:
    Full size MP3's can go as high as 2MB. How can I get them smaller. Or better yet, is there a program where I can just choose the part of the MP3 that I want. Like the chorus maybe. A progream that would cut out parts of the MP3???
    Any help?
    2 megs? What kind of songs do you listen too? I've got some that easilly reach 10mb (DeaD, Phish). If you'd have been reading some other threads, you'd already know that Goldwave (free) let's you convert & cut up your songs just like your looking for!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    2 megs? What kind of songs do you listen too? I've got some that easilly reach 10mb (DeaD, Phish). If you'd have been reading some other threads, you'd already know that Goldwave (free) let's you convert & cut up your songs just like your looking for!
    Beg to differ, Goldwave 5 is $43.00, not free.
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    I bought the stupid thing and I can't manage to save my edited mp3's.
    I isolated the chorus from the Missy's I'm Really Hot, but when I tried to ave the selection it says "no codec is available to encode or decode the audio format".

What am I doing wrong.
    What I did:
    1. I opened the Missy MP3 (sorry Christo, it's actually nearly 5 megs).
    2. Then I chose the section that I wanted by doing the set start marker and set finish marker.
    3. Then I click on file, save selection as, and clicked on it.
    That's when I get that error response.

Ps.Dlbrummels, maybe he means the free trial. It allows you full function.
    Maybe. sounds like you have to install some missing codec files for processing the mp3.
    Ok, so I figure out how to save the selection, only that I can only save it as a Wav.
    I rather save them as an MP3 (cause as I said before they are smaller).

How do I do this?
    ACdriver, you sent me that Cumbia from Gloria Stefan, did you do that yourself with GoldWave? And if you did, how did you save it as an MP3 rather than a Wav?
    Ok, so what's the verdict? Once of the issues I have with Lightwave, as with a lot of the MP3 ringers, is that they use PTunes. If I theoretically had MP3s, which I'm not saying I do, I would use PTunes a lot to listen to those MP3s. When the phone rings, Lightwave would play the assigned MP3. But, then when I go back to PTunes to listen to my MP3s (remember, I didn't say I have any!), and the entire playlist I loaded previously is gone, and just the assigned MP3 is there.

So does Callshield in fact use PTunes? I would assume, if it didn't, it wouldn't change my PTunes playlist, right...?

Any info or advice is appreciated! Thanks! Oh, btw, how does it compare to CallFilter's app, in terms of navigability, usability, etc?

Thanks!!
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast