Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That version is 1.34 - it is not available for release yet. Ben
    I bought a version of callshield early on. Very stable for me. I have tried the beta version that is being talked about, and sent some comments to the developer. These guys couldn't be more helpful, they are really interested in helping the treo600 community and providing use with useful products at reasonable prices. Just my 2Ę worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Thanks for the clarification and for joining this stupendous forum!
    I'd like to mention that with my limited experience with CallShield v1.34, it crashed my Treo 600 when I received phone calls. I believe the problem stems from my caller/picture ID setup -- the built-in app in the Treo 600 (Phone-Favorites-favorite button (or specific caller)-edit favorite button-"More"-ringtone/picture ID). I have it set up in such a way that a specific ringtone and picture will identify the caller, which seems to interfere with CallShield. I assume, therefore, that the caller/picture ID needs to be disabled before CallShield is set up and enabled. Which brings me to a question: Do you plan on CallShield to support picture ID along with ringtones?
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the clarification and for joining this stupendous forum!
    >>This is a great forum and we get many ideas from this forum.

I'd like to mention that with my limited experience with CallShield v1.34, it crashed my Treo 600 when I received phone calls.
    >> It might be the midi problem. The last beta release 1.34 had problems with problems when a midi was associated with each rule. On some phones, it crashed and on rest of them, it rang for 1-2 secs and then the default tone in the phone prefs. This was a bug which we fixed it. We also added the mp3 tones in the list.

I believe the problem stems from my caller/picture ID setup -- the built-in app in the Treo 600 (Phone-Favorites-favorite button (or specific caller)-edit favorite button-"More"-ringtone/picture ID). I have it set up in such a way that a specific ringtone and picture will identify the caller, which seems to interfere with CallShield. I assume, therefore, that the caller/picture ID needs to be disabled before CallShield is set up and enabled. Which brings me to a question: Do you plan on CallShield to support picture ID along with ringtones?
    >> I think the picture ID should be supported by default. I see no problems with the beta version I have.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Mike
  4.    #24  
    Fact: Information about 1.50 beta is readily available on their website to anyone who inquires about callshield.
    Fact: Mantragroup never sent me any kind of NDA or told me to keep quiet about the software they sent me.
    Fact: Information about this version of this product was available and discussed on this very forum before the hard drive crash wiped it out.
    Fact: Mantragroup emailed me the software (which I later purchased) witŤ
  5.    #25  
    To add onto the post that my Treo cutoff...

When Mantragroup emailed Callshield to me, they said nothing about keeping it quiet.
    They didn't say anything about keeping the software quiet in the chat that I was in with them.

I've read both what I assume you quoted from an email and what callshield posted in this forum.

Neither of these messages change the facts that I'm not beta testing for them, they never said keep quiet about anything except a code they gave me and all the information I offered about this product was available on this site before the hard drive crash and is STILL available on their site at www.mantragroup.com/callshield.htm

Perhaps you should try out a reading comprehension class, read and understand my post before you come back at me.
    When you are beta testing, a level of professionalism and common sense are in order.

You are to report any problems, and ideas, with a level of secrecy, companies hold
    back information on purpose.

They release at their schedule, not yours!

An a National Honor Society Member, I donít think I would take advice from a person who hasnít got a clue, even after reading the Mantra Groups mail.

The mail was not a post here, but a direct email concerning your action, and lack of professionalism on this board.

It can therefore be determined, by your choice of screen name exactly what I am trying to converse with.
    But I am doing many things at once, so my life is even shorter ?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    When you are beta testing, a level of professionalism and common sense are in order.

You are to report any problems, and ideas, with a level of secrecy, companies hold
    back information on purpose.

They release at their schedule, not yours!

An a National Honor Society Member, I donít think I would take advice from a person who hasnít got a clue, even after reading the Mantra Groups mail.

The mail was not a post here, but a direct email concerning your action, and lack of professionalism on this board.

It can therefore be determined, by your choice of screen name exactly what I am trying to converse with.
    Read the next line very carefully.

I am not beta testing this for them. I never asked to beta test, they never asked me to beta test.

Even if I was beta testing this app, which I am NOT all the information I posted is easily found on their web site and has been so since before I made my post.
    They haven't been holding back any information. IT'S ALL AVAILABLE ON THEIR WEB SITE AND HAS BEEN SINCE BEFORE I MADE THIS THREAD.
    Sorry for the caps but you obviously just skim through and have little comprehension at all of what you're reading.
    All the information I've provided was also available on a thread on this site.

If I am to judge the National Honor Society based on your abilities it seems there's a lot to be desired.

And you want to talk about emails?
    Here's the only one I've ever received from Mantragroup:

Hi Tim,
    Here is the Callshield Pro version which will play mp3 ring tones.

Regards,

Support Team.

Nothing at all in there about beta testing is there?
    I paid for the program I'm using, I'm not beta testing it for them.
    I've beta tested many, many programs before, and they ALWAYS have some sort of NDA or agreement they have you agree to that clearly states what they expect from you and if you are not to talk about what you're testing.
    Again, I never agreed to beta test callshield, they never asked me to, and I've NEVER seen an NDA or even a note or email from them asking me not to talk about things.
    Certainly nothing stating I'm not to talk about features that have been listed on their site for at least a week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    If it's so private, why is it listed here:

http://www.mantragroup.com/callshield.htm

How the heck do you think I knew about it in the first place?
    It's not private, it's not secret, the site is being revamped for May.

You begged for a beta, therefore you were actually beta testing, they had no idea you were going to post to the boards.

Let the Mantra Group make their announcements about upcoming versions.

The message was from the Mantra Group to me, they were not happy about your posting.

Yes, I would like fries with that.
    Chick-Dance, stability issues have been addressed and might fix your issues when new code is released.

Dlbrummels and primate, I think we're just beating a dead horse on this issue. I agree with both of you in different respects.

Personally, I have no issue with Mantra Group giving somebody who is not a beta tester the beta code to try. I know there is a chain of how code is suppose to be released to the beta testers first but when a sale is on the line, I have no issues. There are several apps that fall in this type of category for the Treo 600 and other apps have had MP3 support before CallShield.

On the other side of the coin, beta specific stuff should not be disclosed until the developer makes it public knowledge. I really haven't seen anything that was said that wasn't publicly on their website as Primate mentioned. This thread most likely should not have started but look at all the other TC threads that discuss prereleased products like a Treo 610 or WiFi card. So in my opinion, Primate just did what everyone else does here and discussed a cool app in development.

On top of things, Mike from CallShield preannounced features for 2.0 here before the website (Go figure). Maybe Mantra should create a password protected message board for the beta testers.

The fact is Primate may not be beta tester but he has the beta code. Mistake or not, it sounds like Primate bought CallShield which is the outcome of giving him precode.

Life goes on and the product is shaping nicely which is the most important thing.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    It's not private, it's not secret, the site is being revamped for May.

You begged for a beta, therefore you were actually beta testing, they had no idea you were going to post to the boards.

Let the Mantra Group make their announcements about upcoming versions.

The message was from the Mantra Group to me, they were not happy about your posting.

Yes, I would like fries with that.
    I didn't make an announcement.
    I simply made a thread to replace an older thread that got wiped out.

They made their own announcement on their website.
    If they didn't want it known on this website, they shouldn't have put up their webpage.
    I could care less if they're happy with me or not. That's only your opinion anyway.
    I'm the customer, I paid for their product.
    They must be so unhappy with me that they sent me the latest beta. Damn, I sure must have pissed them off.
    Get over yourself, you're inventing all this conflict in your head.
    I also would like to say, I never even contacted Mantragroup before they put up information on their web page about the version with MP3 support.

Your pathetic attempts at attacking me are just that, although slightly humorous that you can't come up with anything better. NHS much be proud. LOL
    Not attacking you.

If this were the cause, you would know.
    Primate and dlBrummels,

Should I offer peace and take the blame on us .

Features list are announced before the release of application so that the users know what features they can expect in the next release. We offer free updates which makes it more compelling to put the features in next release beforehand. We get most of the ideas from this forum and entrepreneurial people here.

Primate, thanks for starting the thread. We don't think that you have done anything wrong but it would have been good if you gave us some more time to test internally, release it to beta testers and then announce so that people here don't get confused between 1.34 and 1.50 and 2.0. We got around 30 requests asking for 1.50 beta copy. We had to ask them to register for updates on the site as it was not yet ready. I hope that it clears up the prevailing confusion.

As a side note, we have released 1.50 to beta testers today. You can also download it from our website. For those interested in getting a release version, I would recommend waiting for 3-4 days.

Sorry for this confusion and you all have a good day.

Best Regards,

Mike @ Support Team.
    It wasn't about right and wrong.

It is about, giving the time to test, work out any bugs, and allow the Mantra Group to make the announcement, at the time they determine is right to do so.
    For a quick solution on the mp3 playing issue, after you answerthe call, hit one of your volume buttons, the mp3 will stop playing. (At least that works for me)
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  16.    #36  
    Hitting the A on the keyboard stops the MP3 for me.
    This is obviously an issue that needs to be fixed. I was considering trying this app out until I heard about this issue. Lightwav and CallFilter both had issues with stopping the mp3 from playing into the call when they first came out. Both have since remedied this issue. Anyway as far as I'm concerned Lightwav has won this contest if you just need mp3 ringtones (not call filtering). In addition to ringtones the ability to record short videos using Live and setting them to play when someone calls is incredible. I have a quick clip of my son and my little nephews dancing. It is great to see with the mp3 ringer playing in the background. Everyone gets a big kick out of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    This is obviously an issue that needs to be fixed. I was considering trying this app out until I heard about this issue. Lightwav and CallFilter both had issues with stopping the mp3 from playing into the call when they first came out. Both have since remedied this issue. Anyway as far as I'm concerned Lightwav has won this contest if you just need mp3 ringtones (not call filtering). In addition to ringtones the ability to record short videos using Live and setting them to play when someone calls is incredible. I have a quick clip of my son and my little nephews dancing. It is great to see with the mp3 ringer playing in the background. Everyone gets a big kick out of that.
    hehe. if you think video callerID with Live! is cool! wait until you get LightWav 2.1. it should be in your mailbox by now. Let me know what you think.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    smiley88. I understand that you guys solved the MP3 ringing-forever issue. How about compliance with the Treo's built-in picture ID issue?
    check out lwav 2.1. you can have unlimited number of picture callerID.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I have about 10 MP3 songs on my SD card but Lightwav does not recognize them. Am I doing something wrong? (CallShield recognized them immediately!)
    Also, Is v. 2.1 the one I download by default?
    If you're using the demo of LightWav, it will only use mp3's that are under 1M.

The update allowing gif caller id is too much fun!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast