Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Does the Treo battery suffer from the "memory effect"? I regularly short charge mine and rarely charge from empty. Will this have any adverse affects?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    When I bought mine yesterday, the saleswoman told me to let it run almost down before recharging and to only charge it until the green light comes on. In other words, don't leave it on all night. I think the battery does suffer from the memory problems.
    if you read the manual it recommends to charge the battery frequently and not to let the battery run down
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    When I bought mine from Orange they said to run it down once a week although I don't have much faith in their expertise as I had to show the sales woman where the sim card went.
    Can't see any info. in my manual on charging the battery except for the initial chage.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

The Lithium ion batteries are not susceptible to the "chemical memory" problems that older technologies had.

They won't develop memory problems.

Charge away in any manner that suits you.

The salesperson obviously based his/her opinion on rmors heard in the snack room.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyts
    The Lithium ion batteries are not susceptible to the "chemical memory" problems that older technologies had.

They won't develop memory problems.

Charge away in any manner that suits you.

The salesperson obviously based his/her opinion on rmors heard in the snack room.
    This is good to know. Thanks for help.

I just read about charging the battery, and I am so glad the salesperson was wrong! It says "The Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery has a much longer useful life when it is topped off frequently, versus charging after it is fully drained."

Does anyone know if it is okay to leave it on the charger all night? She told me not to do that, either. That is when I like to charge!
    I sure hope it's okay to leave it plugged in all night - I've done it just about every night for 5 months - no ill effects so far!