Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Heaven help me if it still has the blue screen and/or the echo problems.

Palm keeps claiming that they have ones that don't have either problem.
    CC your post to dstrauss - he's a Believer.

Giggle.
    You are on your 5th Treo???????

Darn...that doesn't sound good.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  4.    #4  
    #1 had the humm and the echo.
    #2 had the blue light and the echo.
    #3 had the humm and the echo.
    #4 had the echo and the blue light.

I'm beginning to wonder whether the blue light affects the humm?
    Wow, I was thinkin' of replacing my 2nd for a 3rd, but I guess the yellowish spot on my screen is not getting to me just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    CC your post to dstrauss - he's a Believer.

Giggle.
    Not a believer; just a realist. Why are the Treo 600's still in short supply? Why no Wall Street Journal meltdown (Mossburg has a tendancy to follow these gadgets). I seldom feel your pain.

The Treo 600 is not perfect; there are manufacturing and design problems, and it needs a hi-res screen; bluetooth; high power SDIO, etc. Those are all natural evolutions to come.
    how are you people getting so many? mine is broken and sprint says you gotta wait for the stores to get them in stock. I have insurance. is that how you get them??
    I'm getting my replacements by calling Handspring direct - first one for white spot on screen and speaker phone echo, 2nd, 3rd, 4th all for the speaker phone echo. Waiting for my 5th unit. BTW, I have AT&T GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by quake8
    how are you people getting so many? mine is broken and sprint says you gotta wait for the stores to get them in stock. I have insurance. is that how you get them??
    I just went to a local Sprint store, showed them the problem I was having with my Treo, the CSR did some stuff on the computer, and told me my new replacement should arrive at my house in 3 business days.

In 3 business days, my replacement arrived, and I went straight to the local Sprint store to get it activated. They also gave me an empty UPS package which I used to send back my broken Treo.

I've had a few broken Samsung phones in the past, and the replacement procedure was always the same (well, except I didn't have to wait 3 business days as the phone was always in stock). I also never did use insurance for the replacement.
  10.    #10  
    Palm One does an advanced exchange typically for refurbs although the 2nd through 4th ones I received were new ones with defects.

The fifth one is charging as i type this so I have not had a chance to test it....but its definitely not a new one. It has the Handspring logo on the front and back and powers up to a Handspring logo instead of a Cingular logo....

Firmware is 2.12 though so its definitely one that received attention in their care center.

Will keep you posted about the humm, echo, and blue light though...
  11.    #11  
    No blue light issues.

Echo is still there though....

Can't hear any buzzing.

I think the folks that say theirs doesn't echo are full of it. :-/
    Let's face it, the Treo 600 is a beta product - OK - maybe V1.0. Will the next version be better, of course it will. Is it unfortunate that we paid $500-600 for an OK (not great) phone? Sure.

Can you imagine explaining to the CEO of your company that you have to replace his Treo, again, and again, and again? That's why Palm (I don't care what they want to be called) has been ineffective marketing to major companies. As a personal tool, the Treo 600 is great. Walt Mossberg writes for the same people who manage out of the magazines on airplanes.

As soon as I can find a sucker at work who wants this POS, they can have it. No support provided. Echo is free.

FLAME ON!
  13.    #13  
    Don't get me wrong. I love everything about the thing. I can deal with the average camera. But they should come clean and admit the speakerphone is the most useless thing in the product.
    Anyone think that the HS/Palm merger had something to do with this? Everyone was so busy with numbers, firing, hiring, etc. that they just pushed the 600 out the door?

Its a shame the QC or whatever is so bad. I really cant recommend this phone to my non-geek friends and family. I personally love it to death, but Im pretty geeky.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I'm on my third one and I still love it. Plus, I gotta give kudos to Sprint for making it so easy to replace defective Treos (first time I went to a Sprint store and got a refurbished one sent to me; second time I called Sprint customer service and they sent out a brand new phone - which currently seems to be working perfectly). If I had to jump through hoops to get this thing replaced, I might feel differently.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    5 days ago my external speaker developed a buzz that drives me crazy every time the phone rings. I took it to my Sprint store the next day. A new one arrived at the store yesterday. I'll go pick it up today. Sprint was great. I hope the new speaker lasts longer than 6 months (hardware B purchased from treocentral store back in October).

By the way treocentral store delivered on the additional rebate within 3 weeks after I was eligible. Thanks, folks.

I had to replace my original Visor Deluxe 3 times under warranty with battery drainage problems. My wife still uses her Visor Platinum and it has been a very reliable device.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Don't get me wrong. I love everything about the thing. I can deal with the average camera. But they should come clean and admit the speakerphone is the most useless thing in the product.
    I agree, I use the speakerphone (or at least use to use the speaker phone) alot, and the echo is just outrageous. They just need to admit that there is a problem and fix it or something...Although, this should have never gotten out to the main distribution with such an issue, it should have been caught in the design/testing stages.

I for one am on my 3rd and waiting for my 4th.

Rob
    Im on my third also, seems to be a trend. The first one's screen went bad after 2 months with a whole row of pixels dark. Second one only lasted a day, the nav right was not very responsive. Luckily Im not much of a speakerphone person...
    Last edited by ThirdType; 04/28/2004 at 10:53 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Have some of you guys considered that you may be just a little… picky?

No product is perfect. It sounds like the speakerphone echo is a design flaw, not a fault on individual units (I don’t use it, and I have nothing to compare it with).

Also, it’s no wonder these phones are in such short supply if so many people keep sending them back! How can PalmOne (or the service providers) be making any money?

If you want reliability, buy a boring Nokia ;-)
  20.    #20  
    If someone at Handspring/Palm would just admit that the Echo exists on ALL of them, I'd stop asking for them to send me them. The problem is they say they have ones that don't have the Echo and in 5 tries, I haven't seen one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast