1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to simulate pressing the "abc" and the "123" (grafitti area) on the Treo 600?

Thanks!

trout256
    Try <menu>K

That should pull up the keyboard on the screen.
    -J!m
  3.    #3  
    ...that is not the same as simulating pressing the "abc" grafitti area.

I don't always want to use the thumbboard, especially when I am already using the stylus. I use to use VBVBVB $Keyboard$ $all$ $the$ $time$ $with$ $my$ $old$ $Treo$, $as$ $it$ $is$ $a$ $superior$ $replacement$ $of$ $the$ $built$-$in$, $crappy$, $palm$ $soft$-$keyboard$. $I$ $cannot$ $use$ $this$ $anymore$, $even$ $though$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $os5$ $version$, $because$ $it$ $seems$ $to$ $only$ $work$ $if$ $you$ $can$ $simulate$ $the$ $above$ $mentioned$. $If$ $there$ $is$ $another$ $way$, $or$ $another$ $alternative$, $I$ $would$ $love$ $to$ $know$ $about$ $it$!

I tried "cool keyboard", which allows you to access it by making a pen stroke from the top left-hand corner to the middle of the screen (perfect!). The problem is that it is designed for a 320x320 screen, and is thus useless as one cannot see the keyboard the way it is intended.

trout256
    Don't know if this is what you mean but...tap the top left of screen in any program and the menu drops down. Then select edit and then keyboard.

I have a contact management program that doesn't play nice with my keyboard on certain menus and this is the way I input the info.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I think trout256 is mean the abc or 123 active some function, just like normal palm in grafitti area.

pls try Qlaunch , u can found it @palmgear, a great app,
    I've used it for years