1.    #1  
    Seems I read almost daily of someone who has dropped his/her Treo 600. Easily done while returning it to a holster or slip case. I must say I'm dead scared it will happen to me!

Previous Treo models, as well as most recent mobiles, include an attachment for a safety cord, which can itself be attached to the belt or looped round the neck. Search as I may, I can find no way of attaching such a cord to the Treo 600. Anyone any ideas? Why did handspring eliminate this simple and cheap feature? Or am I missing something?

Chris
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Chris: Your Treo 600 is an everyday-use device, and as such, you WILL DROP IT sometime (it's just a matter of time) Go ahead and figure out a way to hang it around your neck or whatever, but you WILL DROP IT sometime.

My solution: No case, no nothing! Just full insurance. I treat my Treo as I would treat any other cell-phone. I really don't have the time to be a slave to my smartphone.

Another approach: Let's take for a fact (for the sake of this discussion) that sometime within a year you'll have to spend an exrtra $250 on your Treo (fix it, replace it, or buy a new one). Just accept that. That breaks down to $0.68 a day. Well .... you know what? Start treating your phone as any other cell-phone. $0.68/day for not being obsessed/stressed/hang it around your neck is totally worth it.

Hehe... the above comes from my Treo 180 days. I was totally obsessed with it, when I realized that ANYTHING could happen (broke the lid 2 times while being extra extra careful). Then I decided that the stress and waste of time I was putting into it was just not worth it. I threw away the case and became a free man!

Your Treo is a very useful tool... it was meant to help and support YOU, not the other way around.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gekz
    snip...
    My solution: No case, no nothing! Just full insurance. I treat my Treo as I would treat any other cell-phone. I really don't have the time to be a slave to my smartphone.
    snip...
    Yeees, that's probably great in the US. I've just returned from 12 days in a fairly remote part of Indonesia (now sadly once again in flames!) which is two time zones away from the nearest Treo dealer--and my insurance company. At my age, my memory resides on my Treo, and would be at a loss without it to carry out my tasks on such a trip.

With me, I fear I don't have the time NOT to be a slave to my handphone! It does seem to me that the simple addition/retnetion of a cord attachment on a $600 phone is not an unreasonable hope...

Chris
    Chris W. Green
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Right.

I was using a safety cord when i dropped my Olympus digital camera (in an attempt to catch a falling glass of wine). It just swang by the cord like a pendulum and the lens was conveniently crashed on a table corner.

Your asking for a cord is NOT unreasonable at all! But I doubt that it will keep you from dropping your phone.
    I have added one on mIne. It's saved my Treo a few times. See this thread http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...hlight=lanyard

for how to and pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by WartaAIDS
    Seems I read almost daily of someone who has dropped his/her Treo 600. Easily done while returning it to a holster or slip case. I must say I'm dead scared it will happen to me!

Previous Treo models, as well as most recent mobiles, include an attachment for a safety cord, which can itself be attached to the belt or looped round the neck. Search as I may, I can find no way of attaching such a cord to the Treo 600. Anyone any ideas? Why did handspring eliminate this simple and cheap feature? Or am I missing something?

Chris
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Yeah sure! ... damaging your Treo by DRILLING A HOLE THROUGH IT is definitely the way to go if you want to attach a safety cord to protect your Treo.