Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been using lightwav for a while and have it setup and working properly, but for some reason I cannot get it to play the sound I have choosen for my vmail notification.

When I preview it in lightwav it plays properly.
    I have turned vmail to 'silent' in prefs

What else am I missing? Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ukn0w
    I have been using lightwav for a while and have it setup and working properly, but for some reason I cannot get it to play the sound I have choosen for my vmail notification.

When I preview it in lightwav it plays properly.
    I have turned vmail to 'silent' in prefs

What else am I missing? Anyone know?
    lwav does not work well with email programs. currently lwav only works with snappermail and visto.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    The question is about VOICE MAIL not e-mail.
  4.    #4  
    yes yes it is. Still can't figure out why its not working either!
    Is anyone using TAKEphONE and successfully getting their voicemail notification to work through lwav & pTunes?

If so, please share the setup and technique for success.

Thanks,
    Ndugu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndugu
    Is anyone using TAKEphONE and successfully getting their voicemail notification to work through lwav & pTunes?

Thanks,
    sorry, i wasnt reading the post careful. there shouldnt be any problems if with the voicemail notification. what i've found with Rogers is that when i get a voicemail and first recieve a SMS telling me a have voicemail and then another sms for the actual voicemail. you should try getting voicemail or sms to work first before you set both sounds. make sure you test the sound and it plays.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca

Thanks,

I suspect the problem may be one of those carrier specific problems rather than TakePhone or LightWav. I'm using both, and I get my notifications of voicemail with the appropriate LW ring tone without a problem. But then I'm one of the apparently few T-Mo customers who gets the envelope icon for voicemail instead of an sms notification. You can't expect LW or TP to respond to voicemail when it's delivered as an SMS.
    I'm a SPRINT CDMA user and don't receive an SMS when there's voicemail. Both the built-in phone and TAKEphONE applications show the envelope icon when there's new voicemail. TAKEphONE (setup to show & handle voicemail) even notifies me with a screen and vibration that there is voicemai, but I can't get my audio (wav in ram) file to play! The sound preference for the voicemail tone of the built-in phone app is set to silent.

Is there a setup that I'm missing?
    Ndugu
    I'm a SPRINT CDMA user and don't receive an SMS when there's voicemail. Both the built-in phone and TAKEphONE applications show the envelope icon when there's new voicemail. TAKEphONE (setup to show & handle voicemail) even notifies me with a screen and vibration that there is voicemai, but I can't get my audio (wav in ram) file to play! The sound preference for the voicemail tone of the built-in phone app is set to silent.

Is there a setup that I'm missing?
    I have TakePhone set to show (not handle) voicemail, but I don't know that would make the difference. Will you get notifications if you're using an audio file not in ram?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I have TakePhone set to show (not handle) voicemail, but I don't know that would make the difference. Will you get notifications if you're using an audio file not in ram?
    Lightwav can handle incoming sms and voicemail notifications. if apps like takePhone gets the event and not pass it on to other apps like Lwav then it will never receive the notification. try disabling takePhone and see if lwav can recieve the events.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Hey! I know you!!

Who is your provider no1ukn0w? Do you have a GSM phone or a CDMA. Can you get it to play another mp3 for your vmail? Do you like the Red Sox this year?

Pick a sound that it does play...from your post it sounds like you have some of it working. Assign it to the vmail notification. And call yourself and see if it makes a sound. If it does it the other sound file. If it doesn't then it's how you have vmail set up.

If your using Cingular call them and tell them what is happening. The can re-initialize your vmail box on their system and make it work.

Hope that helps.

Tried this.. no workie .

Sprint phone. So that cuts out the SMS part since there is no SMS on sprint. Wonder what the problem is! Guess I will keep messin around with it
    Quote Originally Posted by no1ukn0w
    Tried this.. no workie .

Sprint phone. So that cuts out the SMS part since there is no SMS on sprint. Wonder what the problem is! Guess I will keep messin around with it
    Are you using TreoButler by chance? Maybe the Attention Manager is enabled for Voicemail notification and is getting in the way somehow?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    A little distraction from voice mail for a second, or two. I am having problems getting MP3 songs to work in the first place. I have followed smiley88's directions (quote: "If the midi ringtone stays plays then go to the Phone sound app and set both known and unknown callers tones to 'silent'. To get the gif animation working you need to set a default video in the sound/video prefs or goto contact rigntones screen and setup a video for the caller. you need to have gifs in the /dcim folder on the card."), yet I still can't hear a thing. And the gif-animation thing does not work either. Please help this hapless chick
    just curious. is lwav enabled in the General Prefs? are you able to play the sound or the video you have assigned? tap on the item and select Play sound or video. did you also install gifAnim.prc??
    The play video only seems to work with Live videos, not the animated gifs, the animated gifs work if assigned to a caller but if you try and preview within lightwave it doesn't show anything.
    Hey, we're making progress. Lwav wasn't enabled, silly me: MP3 issue resolved! Regarding video/gif, I did install gifAnim.prc (I believe they are under the names: "WabyanKoBan.gif," and "WaquariumVO_gif," correct?), but when I tap on them and select play they don't do anything.
    there is big difference between Treo low res screen vs high res. you should use gifs that are less than 160x160. in the lwav zip file there are some samples that works. make sure the gifs are in /dcim folder on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    The play video only seems to work with Live videos, not the animated gifs, the animated gifs work if assigned to a caller but if you try and preview within lightwave it doesn't show anything.
    you can preview it once you have selected for the caller. just tap on the item again and the select "Play Video". we'll add a preview in the next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    you can preview it once you have selected for the caller. just tap on the item again and the select "Play Video". we'll add a preview in the next release.
    Tried what you said, got nodda, 120x120x8 gif.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Are you using TreoButler by chance? Maybe the Attention Manager is enabled for Voicemail notification and is getting in the way somehow?
    Unfortantly no. I also just set lwav up on a friends t600 and his had no problems with the vmail. Must be something with my phone!
    Okee-Dokee. Out of desperation, I deleted and reinstalled gifAnim.prc, and voila: animations are working, and they are fun! However, I am disappointed with one element: When the phone rings and the animation is in progress, I press the middle button (in the 5-button navigation bar) to answer the call, but it won't work. Instead, several seconds later I see on the screen the "Answer," or "Ignore," option. That's several seconds in which the caller has to wait for me to answer...
    That's very odd. I get an almost immediate answer from pressing the center button with the gif playing. Maybe you got a feather in your Treo.
    LOL. This chick has no feathers left since the TC's Great Crash of April, 2004.
    Here's a funny thing. The more phone calls I get (some are actually from myself to test things), the better it gets. I am almost at a point of being satisfied.
    A quick question: How can I use my own videos? Do I need to move them to the "DCIM" folder in the SD card?
    Happy May Day!

Your own videos have to come from Live (another ToySoft product).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast