1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a way to protect any unread SMS messages, requiring a password to read them? Or, even better, if one receives an SMS, is there a way to have the default screen NOT show the message?

Currently, if I receive an SMS, I get an audible alert, the screen turns on, and the actual message is displayed. THis is convenient if you are not worried about other people reading the content of the message. However, for me, sometimes my phone may be laying around (and I am not present), I get a message that is personal, and anyone in the room who sees my phone can read that message and I have no knowledge of it.

This has happened at least once. It makes me paranoid about leaving my phone turned on when I am not near it.

(I USE SPRINT)
    You've got two options that I'm aware of.
    CallShield will surpress the popup dialog for your SMS messages, along with some other functionality. Check out www.mantragroup.com
    PDA Defense PRO will allow you to assign a password to each program. ie. to enter the SMS program, you would have to enter the correct password.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much. CallShield Works Great.
    I was letting someone else use my phone when I got an SMS. Fortunately it wasn't anything private.
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    You've got two options that I'm aware of.
    CallShield will surpress the popup dialog for your SMS messages, along with some other functionality. Check out www.mantragroup.com
    PDA Defense PRO will allow you to assign a password to each program. ie. to enter the SMS program, you would have to enter the correct password.
    and the third option is: use maxTEXT TE ( = Treo Edition) V 1.78

www.maxTEXT.com or on PalmGear or Handango

Markus
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusSchneider
    and the third option is: use maxTEXT TE ( = Treo Edition) V 1.78

www.maxTEXT.com or on PalmGear or Handango

Markus
    NOTE: maxTEXT only works with GSM. Not CDMA.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....