1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

Long time reader of treocentral, but this is the first time I've had to post.

My Treo 270 broke last month (service provider: Cingular). So I call up handspring customer support, which I'm sure you all know is outsourced to India. That's fine, whatever. They say they'll repair my device for free, and give me the address. I send it fedex, and it gets delivered and signed for (sent to 'PIRC') the next day. That was a month ago. I've called *9* times now, and have gotten five, conflicting, stories on where my device went:

- Four times I was told the device was received, and currently being repaired
    - Once I was told the device was never received.
    - Twice I was told the service ticket was closed.
    - Once I was told the device was repaired, and sent back to me via airborne express.
    - Once I was told I would receive a call from a Palm/Handspring supervisor in one business day at the number below, and no one called me.
    - Once I was told I would receive a call from a Palm/Handspring supervisor in one hour at the number below, and no one called me.

On Friday, I mailed a web-based repair request via www.handspring.com, and got the same canned answer of how sorry they are, and that a Palm customer service rep will be calling me 'shortly'. (I've been promised callbacks for 2 weeks now with no avail)

My question is, how to I get a hold of an actual palm/handspring employee so they can find my device, or send me a replacement? Despite my pleading it seems impossible to break out of canned answers, and speak to a supervisor from their outsourced customer service. Any alternative contacts at Palm? Should I try contacting Cingular?

This experience isn't encouraging me to buy a 600.

Mike
    Here's the number someone gave me when I was having EXTREME problems with customer service: Corporate Customer Relations 847-493-7256, option 4. These people are native english speakers and are very helpful.

Between that (and emailing the CEO!) I think my troubles may come to an end.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredyth
    Here's the number someone gave me when I was having EXTREME problems with customer service: Corporate Customer Relations 847-493-7256, option 4. These people are native english speakers and are very helpful.

Between that (and emailing the CEO!) I think my troubles may come to an end.
    Great feedback, thanks Meredyth. I had to wait on hold for :20, but they admitted they lost the unit, and if they can't find it, will send me a replacement in 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinematic
    Great feedback, thanks Meredyth. I had to wait on hold for :20, but they admitted they lost the unit, and if they can't find it, will send me a replacement in 3 days.
    Make sure you jot down the names of people you spoke to and date and time. Also try to get a supervisor on the line to confirm all the items discussed.

I forgot: Get an issue tracking number or a case log tracking number so Pa1mOne can easily retrieve your issue.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/27/2004 at 05:12 PM.
    How did things go??
  6.    #6  
    Palm could never find the device. They said another referb will be shipped by the 10th. If true, hat will total 75 days without my Treo....ouch.

Thank goodness I was smart enough to keep the SIMM before i shipped the unit out.