1.    #1  
    I am about to buy a Treo 600 to use with my Tmobile service. I have tzones unlimited now and was told by the Tmobile rep that I need to get the $19.95 data plan inorder to get my emails or view the web with the Treo. It seems that I saw somwhere on this forum that people were using tzones only. What is my best way of using the treo without spending $$ for somthing that I really do not need? Please help I want to order this neat machine tomorrow!
    i pay for the $20 internet plan and it gives me all the internet that I want.

You should use t-zones and see what you cant do. I belive it will give you web access but not to secure sites. It will probably also give you pop and imap email access.

It may not give you access to IM clients unless the client goes over port 80.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I pay ZERO for data. I get full UNLIMITED POP3 email, UNLIMITED good web access (not secure sites), and UNLIMITED full AOL Messenger (AIM).

Search it up in the forums (look for Free WAP, and proxy). It is possible and many people have done it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gekz
    I pay ZERO for data. I get full UNLIMITED POP3 email, UNLIMITED good web access (not secure sites), and UNLIMITED full AOL Messenger (AIM).

Search it up in the forums (look for Free WAP, and proxy). It is possible and many people have done it.
    probably not for long.

Read.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I used the $19.95 unlimited plan, and it's definitely worth it for me. I also check my email all day and like to surf the web without limitations on data usage. T-Mobile's rates are actually one of the cheapest out there in comparison to other providers and their unlimited data rates.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
    I too was using the free unlimited wap access to surf the web and get my email. Strange thing was, occasionally I'll have access to just the ports I'm supposed to (the same ones as T-Zones I think... HTTP, POP3, and IMAP) but then other days I'll have access to all ports (I can use https and stream shoutcast stations that aren't port 80, etc.) like the unlimited internet plan. Then some days it just doesn't work at all. I thought maybe it had something to do with my using the free wap, so about a week ago I called T-Mo and had them change my plan to T-Zones. It doesn't seem to have changed anything compared to the free access though.