1.    #1  
    I've had Yahoo Alerts (weather, sports and breaking news) sent to my 600 since Oct 03. and never received any SMS spam until today. I received "Relaxed G7 Happy with Economy, Oil a Risk" and "Wall Street Betting on High Performers" both from "Unknown" Last night I logged into Yahoo Alerts and noticed the site had changed a little. So I updated my device info and made a few other changes, one being receive "unlimited" messages, thinking, I have unlimited SMS with Sprint and if a lot is going on I don't want to miss anything.

I can't prove that Yahoo is at fault but seems a little fishy that this just started happening. My Yahoo Alerts were coming from Unknown at a yahoo.com address but now they come from just "Unknown" like the spam.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I have my limit set to 15 per day, that is more than I need from them. Just lie and you will be all right. I have not gotten any SMS spam from them.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I have mine set to unlimited and have yet to receive spam. Of course now I'm just asking for Mr. Murphy to pay me a visit.
    No spam here as well thank God as I could live with lots of SMS spam it it started to happen. I love yahoo alerts and would hate to loose it.
    I have been getting a lot of SMS spams also and I have yahoo alerts. This really sucks. Where the hell did they get my phone number from to send me spam? Some people have to pay for SMS's. Shouldn't it be treated by the FCC same as cell calls, where there are no telemarketer (yet)?
    Just a tip for future people signing up for alerts, don't use you cell number as your SMS address. You your alias address such as LastName@carrier.com. The reason why I say this is because it's much easier to change your alias address later if get spammed than your phone number.
    I don't think I have my cell number associated with Yahoo alerts, the suspected source of my SMS spams. So how did the F##kin spammers find me?

Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Just a tip for future people signing up for alerts, don't use you cell number as your SMS address. You your alias address such as LastName@carrier.com. The reason why I say this is because it's much easier to change your alias address later if get spammed than your phone number.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I don't think I have my cell number associated with Yahoo alerts, the suspected source of my SMS spams. So how did the F##kin spammers find me?
    I think the "spammer" is Yahoo. If we were getting spammed by someone else I think it would be some kind by offer or ad. I just get stupid one liners, like today at 10:03AM From Unknown "Consumer Spending Gain Less Than Expected".

Of course this one could have been sent by the Democrat Party
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I think you're right about yahoo. Ever since I signed up for yahoo plus for $29.95 with more storage and the supposedly "better" spam filter, I have been getting more spams to my inbox, whereas before yahoo plus they were going to the bulk folder.

Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    I think the "spammer" is Yahoo. If we were getting spammed by someone else I think it would be some kind by offer or ad. I just get stupid one liners, like today at 10:03AM From Unknown "Consumer Spending Gain Less Than Expected".

Of course this one could have been sent by the Democrat Party