Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    What version of Versamail works with the Treo 600???
    2.5 works fine. If you had a Tungsten and have access to 2.6, it will work too.

Danita
    Any word on when the new version will be coming out?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    What web site do I go to for Snappermail?

From both the Sprint PCS network (via Blazer) and the covad.net network (via Safari), snappermail.com gives me the message, "No web site is configured at this address." I've never seen this message before, though I can guess what it might mean.

D'ya think this just a temporary thing?

Thanks!
    ~joe

P.S. I'm trying to get my hands on SM 2.0 ASAP, before my trial account with mailsnare.net expires. I need IMAP with attachments.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp
    What web site do I go to for Snappermail?

From both the Sprint PCS network (via Blazer) and the covad.net network (via Safari), snappermail.com gives me the message, "No web site is configured at this address." I've never seen this message before, though I can guess what it might mean.

D'ya think this just a temporary thing?

Thanks!
    ~joe

P.S. I'm trying to get my hands on SM 2.0 ASAP, before my trial account with mailsnare.net expires. I need IMAP with attachments.
    Hmmm, I also see that the snappermail website is down. Perhaps they are loading the new version of Snappermail now on their website??
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    The site has been down for the last two days. Perhaps their ISP got tired of hearing that "version 2 is coming next quarter" (for the last two years) and finally pulled the plug on them!

Dunc
    I have the Sprint CMDA model, and it did not come with a pop mail client. Can I obtain it?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    snappermail.com is back up, but no 2.0 yet.....
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Danitaz, I looked in the Versamail FAQ but couldn't find answers to a couple of questions I have about it. One thing I'm wondering is does it do background synchs? The other questions is about memory card support. It says you can save attachments to the card, but I'm wondering about this. Does this mean all attachments get saved, or do you have to tell it each time, or what? I have over 1K messages just in my inbox, so I am wondering whether I can shuttle any of these off to the card. Snappermail lets you specify a period of a certain number of days before messages get archived to the card, but since I've just started playing with their beta, I'm not sure exactly how this works (ie - is it transparent to the user or do you have to go through some special commands in order to get to those archived messages). Anyway, any insight would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi guys,
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but snapper mail doesnít fully support IMAP. In order to fully support IMAP the client and server must support the IDLE command.

This command is executed after the client first logs onto the server, the client remains logged onto the server until you log off or it drops out. When a new email hits the server it is automatically pushed to the client. It works much like a blackberry device.

When I heard about the new release of snapper mail (2.0) I contacted them by email and asked them if it supported the IDLE command.

I received a reply from Jennifer Shelamer advising me that it did not support the Idle command.

The only Treo600 client for the Idle command I am aware of is Imchatter, this is a instant messaging program that also handles IMAP email. The program works fine but like all programs that stay connect to a server it chew the battery fairly fast. I normally get 4 days without chatter and its down to 1 with chatter. Not all of our people are using the program due to the battery issue.

We have been using chatter for a while now; one common comment about chatter is people would like an IMAP only version. We purchased 40 copies of the program and had marc blank create a corporate version especially for our company that has the messaging part removed. I donít know if we would be willing to release it to the public or not, but ask him, the most he would say is no.

I hope this helps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12