Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    I am waiting with fascination for when the author returns and finds someone hacked his app.

I have a feeling he shall not be pleased...
    LOL, you don't think he already knows.

BTW, thanks Kev for jumping in here helping us out with the patch.

My earlier problem was a Microsoft problem. (deleted the wrong file that's why none of my programs would download) Called Toshiba and I was able to get the patch I needed. DAMN Spy and Adware!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    geekymom, glad to hear you got your comp back under your control. i hate spyware with a passion!

virt, i dont think the author of pickem will really mind. since he never 1) sold the software, or 2) bothered to support it after its expiration date. i hope he returns to update the software to add new features and bug fixes, at which point my patch will become obsolete and everyone will get his new beta (v6 for example). I hope the author is alright. Whenever someone disappears randomly like this, it always make me think medical problems =\ (from personal experience).
    Kev, that thought crossed my mind today too, but I'ld rather hope he's on vacation at a beach somewhere sipping "Pina Colada's" without his Treo or a care in the world.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    My earlier problem was a Microsoft problem. (deleted the wrong file that's why none of my programs would download) Called Toshiba and I was able to get the patch I needed. DAMN Spy and Adware!
    I love Ad-aware and Spybot Search and Destroy - great free programs. It's amazing how much *** gets installed on my computer without my knowledge.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Thanks Herberman,

I just recently installed both. But for some reason those parasites have gotten back on my computer. While I was out on Microsoft's website yesterday I downloaded a Firewall. Cuz these unwanted unsolicited ads are enough to make ya scream. They even take over my Homepage and I get all kinds of ads in my E-mail. It should be a crime!

I just installed the patched app and now my camera is mesed up. It just has a bunch of moving colored lines with black.....looks kinda like the cable channels that are blocked. I don't know if this is related to the patch or not but it did work as soon as I installed it and then I took a call and returned to pickem to find the scrambled screen. Anyone got any ideas or can help?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDucer
    I just installed the patched app and now my camera is mesed up. It just has a bunch of moving colored lines with black.....looks kinda like the cable channels that are blocked. I don't know if this is related to the patch or not but it did work as soon as I installed it and then I took a call and returned to pickem to find the scrambled screen. Anyone got any ideas or can help?

When that happened to me, I exited, then went back into Pickem, press the "r" key, exit Pickem, and then go back in again. That should fix it!

Good luck.

Jeremy
    Absolutely amazing! That actually worked. Too bad I hit my treo a few time with a stapler and slammed it down on the desk a few times in my frustration.....after getting a replacement I don't really baby the treo as much cuz I know I can just get a new one especially if it was something like the camera being broken. Heck, I could jump in a pool with this thing and they would still give me another so that's how I justified beating it to death until the camera worked. It's a pretty crappy camera as you know but it was still really disappointing to see it wasn't working.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ok wtf.. how did i miss this. this is the best app ive seen in a while and bypasses the double time it takes for sprints lame pic upload. this should be a sticky! hehe awesome
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    wait a minnit uh what.. i used it once and it expired? where do i get a non expired one. whats the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    wait a minnit uh what.. i used it once and it expired? where do i get a non expired one. whats the deal?
    Does anyone actually read threads on here or just the first post? Read the thread, you'll find your answer.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    my bad >,<

heres a question though. when trying to send the pic i get

Email
    Bad DATA

Anyone else had this problem? you think sprint put something in to keep this program from working in the new firmware? what could be wrong?
    Nice service Kev.

As stated earlier I would imagine the auth knows that the expiry would be easily removed. On the side "where'd he go?". It may just be he got p.o'd with working on it.
    You probably know yourself, coders are interested whilst there's a challenge, think that bloke was a proper community coder i.e never expected money for much of his work.

On the side of your probs GeekyMom, if you stay on top of things with Ad-Aware and are still getting ads pulled through then they may be due to trojans(virus) rather than true adware, but AV software should pick these up.

Consider tightening your www permissions also, particularly overide default cookie handling to "block all third party cookies". This shouldn't interfere with general browsing, if you find a redirect fails or similar then allow temporarily. Set ActiveX controls to "prompt" and note what is asking for permission, if in doubt say no and if it prevents you doing what you want to do, go back and answer yes.

Don't know which Windows version you are running or what you downloaded from MS but Zonealarm Free is pretty much unbeatable for ease of use and protection from certain types of malware, 'tis also a decent s/w firewall. The XP firewall is more of an incoming packet sniffer and is reasonable at this but it will do nothing to block outbound traffic. This leaves you open to hostile.exe broadcasting it's findings to whomever wishes to listen.

Have a look around the web for sites on www security, pretty boring but keeps us safe.
    Ok, how do I send the pic as an email after I saved it? For instance when I view the list of pictures and I expand one it has 2 options, Finished and cancel. I've only been able to send one right after I take it and I press the mail button. What am I not doing right?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    is anyone on Sprint service and this is workin for them. i want to know if its a bust or not because i continue getting that
    Email
    Bad DATA
    error;.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    is anyone on Sprint service and this is workin for them. i want to know if its a bust or not because i continue getting that
    Email
    Bad DATA
    error;.

Yup. Works fine in Denver on Sprint.

Jeremy
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Me too on the Email: Bad data error.

GSM w/ Cingular, any ideas? I am about to delete and re-install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroad572
    Ok, how do I send the pic as an email after I saved it? For instance when I view the list of pictures and I expand one it has 2 options, Finished and cancel. I've only been able to send one right after I take it and I press the mail button. What am I not doing right?
    Nevermind figured it out. I have Sprint and it is saying that it is going through ok, but I'm not receiving the emails with the pics
    NEvermind. They were getting caught in my junk mail.