Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    ijust downloaded it without problem
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    u dont need to install pickem v5 before the patch. the patched file is identical to the original except for the workaround for the beta expiration.
    just out of curiosity, why have the beta expiration??
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    just out of curiosity, why have the beta expiration??
    The original comment was "in case the model of camera changes, make sure an old program which might upset it isn't out there", but given that it appears to use CameraLib that seems unlikely.

My guess? The author was considering a commercial version, and wanted to not compete with himself. And I can't fault him for that, but if that were it one wonders why he didn't show up again to make his buck, unless Sprint felt threatened and "disappeared" him ;-)
    dude! sprint mobsters!
    cement microchips!
    installed on a GSM phone and it did not do any good thou. uninstalled itright the way. by the way, i found out using Qset has better pic quaility than this apps posted here
    Kev
    y o u a r e a S T A R .
    I love Pickem's zoom and "blue dot" fix. But has anyone else had a problem with a long lag between hitting the capture button and taking a picture? It seems to lead to fuzzy pics.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    actually, does verion 5 of this app support saving the pictures to SD card directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by kevp913
    i created a simple patch that gets around the beta expiration of pickem v5. seeing as how this program was free to begin with and is no longer supported, i dont think posting it should be a problem.

if anyone has objections, i will remove it asap.
    Thanks for doing this! Can you post or email me the utility(ies) that you used to create this patch?
    I heve been using Pickem for a while and was loving it. Suddenly I got a popup: 'beta version expired'. Tried clean reinstall (deleting from handheld and PC backup), no luck! Any suggestion on workaround? Thanks.
    where do i get the patch?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkhan
    where do i get the patch?
    See post #138.
    Last edited by limoman; 06/08/2004 at 07:23 AM.
    I downloaded pickem from the first message in this string, as thppfft instructed. When I installed it on my Treo 600, I got an error message saying that the pickem beta was already expired. Anybody have a link to a current beta? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledgeman
    I downloaded pickem from the first message in this string, as thppfft instructed. When I installed it on my Treo 600, I got an error message saying that the pickem beta was already expired. Anybody have a link to a current beta? Thanks!

Ummm... did you not read the last dozen posts or so?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ummm... did you not read the last dozen posts or so?
    all i have to say is, lol
    Hi: I like your Pickem App. But why has this beta version expired? How can I install without having it expire? Or how can I install again?
    Quote Originally Posted by bermuda6
    Hi: I like your Pickem App. But why has this beta version expired? How can I install without having it expire? Or how can I install again?
    Please look 3 posts previous.
    Quote Originally Posted by bermuda6
    Try reading the whole thread and you'll find your answer.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast