Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Just an issue I noticed - didn't search to see if it was previously mensioned. I just emailed myself a large picture - and it came across as mime data in SnapperMail... wierd...
    Noticed same difulgity on this great and ever improving app. No tag (jpg or otherwise) added to attached picture file when go directly from snapping picture to email via email icon; if I detour through the pickem picture view icon and then send, the jpg tag field is added to the email attachment being sent, making it a lot easier for those who are getting the mail. I'm using the latest (May 5) version.
    Hi, love this app. I am only having one issue. After installing Pickem, my other apps that utilize the camera have a color that is way to red. I've tried resetting camera, no help. Short of uninstalling Pickem, is there another fix?

The main other app I use is Live my Toysoft. It is a video recorder.

Thanks, Ken.
    where can i download the software?
    URL?
    thanks
    Post # 1 of this thread.
    When I zoomed in today, the picture split in half (the bottom half of the picture was on teh top and the top wa son the bottom; looked like a vertical hold problem on an old tv)
    For me, when the screen split happens, I just press "s" and the split goes away!
    This time it didnt split at all... its a random bug ;p
    I agree that it is random..there seems to be no reason or pattern for the split. That being said, the "s" trick definitely works every time for me. I have probably tried it 15 times. Also, every once in a great while, the camera flips out completely and turns to static. When this happens, I simply hit "r", leave the camera app, and then go back into the camera app. Works every time too.
    I just loaded this app today and so far no problems. Emailed the pics fine, zoom works, blue dots disappear. Great job guy!!

Thanks!
    -Bump-

Just wondering if there is any update coming with this app? I really like it, and don't want it to expire June 1!!

Thanks.
    After reading this thread, I thought for sure this app was right for my problem. Nope, the "r" doesn't reset to the factory default settings and my camera is still messed up.

Quick version - downloaded CameraTest thinking it would do what you are doing (apperantly very well) to help fix camera issues. Tried it, camera messed up, now every time I try to go back and fix it, phone freezes. Sprint even gave me a brand new phone - which is why I know it is some kind of preference I am hot syncing in.

Any ideas? Any other ways to use your app to reset factory settings on camera besides "r" - do I need to have CameraTest installed to make your app work correctly?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willandjamie
    After reading this thread, I thought for sure this app was right for my problem. Nope, the "r" doesn't reset to the factory default settings and my camera is still messed up.

Quick version - downloaded CameraTest thinking it would do what you are doing (apperantly very well) to help fix camera issues. Tried it, camera messed up, now every time I try to go back and fix it, phone freezes. Sprint even gave me a brand new phone - which is why I know it is some kind of preference I am hot syncing in.

Any ideas? Any other ways to use your app to reset factory settings on camera besides "r" - do I need to have CameraTest installed to make your app work correctly?
    Sorry, I thought that may work. It was reported that using camertest may screw things up beyond repair. But your second unit had the same problem so I guess I dont understand what is going on. Hopefully someone here can help out on your problem.

Good luck

rob
    Rob, it was very helpful. Since the "r" thing didn't work, it basically forced me to investigate my problem further and ultimately lead to the fix which was buried in "saved preferences" in my backup folder - which I quickly deleted. A little inconvenience resetting my normal preferences and my camera and my phone is back to normal. On top of that, I've got a great app in Pickem and a brand new phone.

You were the inspiration Rob - thanks for the help.

Will
    Hey thppfft, I want to commend you on a very cool app!!

Also, I was wondering if you would consider a few enhancements that I mentioned in a alternate thread. Specifically, would you consider allowing pickem to support alternate file types besides just Pics? For example voice memos created by soundrec, audacity and even video files by movierec? It would be awesome if you could add these files as attachments as well in addition to just pics. In fact, once movierec starts supporting full avi with audio, your app could be used as a full video mail replacement!! Of course, this would also require a way for pikem to integrate with soundrec/movierec in order to play the files... Anyway, that would be very cool indeed imo and much nicer than clunky email interface. It would be great if you guys could work it out...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Why does my pickem.prc give a 1 July 2004 expire notice?
    I thought it wuz free...if not, how much is it?
    I finally was hit with the "green snow" problem on my camera. After a moment of panic, during which I tried both the default and pickem cameras, I reopened the program, hit "r", closed it, reopened again and all was fixed. So I'm pretty psyched - I vaguely remember a similar screen when I tried to zoom beyond 2x using CameraSet, so it may be a simple glitch.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by redbat
    Why does my pickem.prc give a 1 July 2004 expire notice?
    I thought it wuz free...if not, how much is it?

It just expires because it's a beta. Mine expires on 1 June. What's up with that???
    {System Error Log:
    DataMgr.c, Line:7399,
    DmWrite:
    DmWriteCheck failed}

Sprint Treo 600 1.2 spr

Soft reset caused after attempt to send email. App connects to server, then sequence causes a reset once status strand shows "waiting for response"...
    AFTER HOTSYNC, I CAN NOT VIEW PIC'S TAKEN WITH PROGRAM ON PC

Great app in the making!
    Last edited by Treo600Sprint; 05/25/2004 at 05:43 AM.
    Thanks for this helpfull solution, just another and better app ! No blue dots and the color balance improved. Thanks !!!!
    When coming to Mexico, you'll have a tequila shot on me !

Heriberto

Let me know when the voice recorder is coming !!!!
    Heriberto Garcia
    Monterrey Mexico
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast