Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    First things first: Thank you for this program. I was wished someone would code something to at least enable zoom... you've really gone a lot farther than I hoped.

Things I'd like to see:

soon:
    1) Cancel on the email screen
    2) Delete on the Photo listing screen
    3) Trigger shutter with volume buttons (much easier to hold camera steady)

sometime:
    1) Indication of Zoom or Blue-Dot correction mode in camera mode
    2) s toggles blue-dot correction mode on/off

Bugs (with steps to reproduce): (T-mobile GSM, 3.04 Firmware)

1) Email setting seem to require SMTP username/password to be filled out. If I leave it blank, it prompts me to set my email settings.

2) Take picture. Click Email button. Save progress bar appears, new email message opens with correct thumbnail visible. Click email button to send: Error: imagebuf: 0x0000. Click OK. Error: Email image not found! Click OK. Manually attach photo from photo listing. Error: imagebuf 0x9A24. Click OK. Click Email button, and it sends.

--Mark
    This app is awesome! It's almost ready for retail. Here are the issues I've found:

1) For certain images I get the following message:
    imagebuf
    0x0000
    I click ok and the I get this message:
    Email
    Image not found
    I click ok and it takes me back to the send screen.
    Again this only happens for some images.

2) I tried using the 's' button to fix pics but I didn't like the results. I had already used the cameratest app to set my settings and the changes I had worked great. I now seems that when I pressed 's' I lost those settings (even when exit the app and return I seem to get the original factory settings, not my cameratest settings). I'm not sure about this so let me know if this is impossible. I think the ideal situation would be if your or someone else come come up with a few different settings to apply that would get different results in different lighting. You could then program these changes so that each press of the 's' key would cycle through all the different settings in a loop until you get back you original setting. That way we would always be able to find a good setting for the particular situation or revert back to the original.

The last thing I have to say is that the zoom seems to be awesome. I haven't had a chance to fully test this yet but I like it alot so far.

Thanks for this incredible app. I love my Treo! Thanks for all of the effort you put into this app too!
    There is a problem with this otherwise wonderfull program.
    The name of the picture is not unique. If you cancel a picture on the treo the number start againg from the lower numer you have on the treo. When you hot sink the images it can happen that on the computer you already have a picture with that number and either it is canceled or you cannot download the new one. I think that, as in the original camera app, attaching the date or the time to the name would be better.

I've tried several time to set the camera settings with the last release, but every time I go to the camera menu my Treo resets, This doesn't happen with the previous version.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Getting imagebuf error 0x0000 and Email image not found with newest version.
    that's what's happening on my end as well.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Has any one succesfuly gotten the app to send an e-mail yet? I have my e-mail set up the same way I do in versamail (SMTP address). Do I need to change some other settings?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Has any one succesfuly gotten the app to send an e-mail yet? I have my e-mail set up the same way I do in versamail (SMTP address). Do I need to change some other settings?
    I've been able to send e-mails with it. I use smtp.sprintpcs.com + my Sprint account username and password.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    What about SSL - could you throw that in? My email server won't let me connect without it, surely there are others in the same boat.

Dunc
    I've got my e-mail set up properly (as far as I can figure) but still can't send a picture. I get an error message.
    I also get an error.

EHLO Error

Im using Comcast's mail server and Snappermail works perfectly with it so I know its not a relaying issue or anything.
    Does anyone else agree with my post #40? I think that would be the easiest solution for email.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I think that would be great. In fact, my Cingular branded 600 did exactly that but my SprintPCS version does not.
    I'm using my home SMTP server [postfix/smtpd, debian linux, etc.] to try to send messages. I get an error in Pickem that says "No response from server."
    This is what shows up in my mail.log:
    Code:
    May  4 15:21:42 postfix/smtpd[16479]: connect from unknown[68.241.153.164]
    May  4 15:21:50 postfix/smtpd[16479]: lost connection after CONNECT from unknown[68.241.153.164]
    May  4 15:21:50 postfix/smtpd[16479]: disconnect from unknown[68.241.153.164]
    Hope that helps.... I get the pixbuf error mentioned above when using my fastmail.fm account to try to send messages, and the "no response from server" error when using my sprintpcs account as mentioned above.
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo18
    I'm using my home SMTP server [postfix/smtpd, debian linux, etc.] to try to send messages. I get an error in Pickem that says "No response from server..."
    I'm running Postfix too, on my Redhat box. I get the same messages in my Maillog:

Code:
    May  4 17:56:22 cleveland postfix/smtpd[14445]: connect from unknown[68.31.77.215
    May  4 17:56:22 cleveland postfix/smtpd[14445]: lost connection after CONNECT from unknown[68.31.77.215]
    May  4 17:56:23 cleveland postfix/smtpd[14445]: disconnect from unknown[68.31.77.215]
    I also get the No response from server message from Pickem. The issue, though, is that I require SSL for my SMTP connections. I had the exact same problem with Chatter, before Marc added SSL.

Dunc
    Uh-oh, maybe Sprint caught wind of this workaround to their devious "remove the Send command from picture app" plan and had him "taken care of"...
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    thppfft:

AWESOME! Can't wait for you to go commercial - this one should be a huge hit. No more blue dots, and the zoom is terrific. I've noticed another zoom issue; when mine does go to split screen (for 2x) and I push the "z" again, I get four screens at regular (1x) - could this be an issue coming from a "viewing" rather than camera perspective. In other words, my Olympus gives me the option to view multiple pictures in small thumbnails on screen, much like this behavior (2x, 4x, 16x)?
    I'm not so sure that the split screen is an issue with this app. Every once I get it usind one of the video recording apps and it seems (but I'm not 100% sure) that I've had it happen in the regular camera app.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData
    Getting imagebuf error 0x0000 and Email image not found with newest version.
    Same thing here.
  19.    #59  
    Version 5 has:

Camera stops when a call comes in.
    Volume buttons take a picture.
    Every type of email should now send.
    Timezone should now reflect DST.
    Got rid of the imagebuf error.
    When an email is sending, tap anywhere on the screen to cancel it.

Before I put in the tap-screen-to-cancel, the program returned an error if the server took more than 10 seconds to respond. Now it will wait forever ( or until you tap ), so you shouldn't see the "no response" errors.

If you get an error message, let me know what the entire message is. Thanks!

Updates will be slow through the weekend. I'm getting my website up.
    Last edited by thppfft; 05/06/2004 at 01:04 AM.
    I have the world in my Palm
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    thppfft:

AWESOME! Can't wait for you to go commercial - this one should be a huge hit. No more blue dots, and the zoom is terrific. I've noticed another zoom issue; when mine does go to split screen (for 2x) and I push the "z" again, I get four screens at regular (1x) - could this be an issue coming from a "viewing" rather than camera perspective. In other words, my Olympus gives me the option to view multiple pictures in small thumbnails on screen, much like this behavior (2x, 4x, 16x)?
    Nope. Just a bug with the camera software.
    I have the world in my Palm
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast