Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    At this point it doesn't actually make the pictures better (Except for the blue dot removal), and it has zoom... it is possible; try it out. Install it and run it.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I too get the pop-up about camera must be "MT9V143" but the app seems to work okay for me. I used CameraTest (link lost in the board crash) to read my camera "chip version" register and it says: 0x7D1.

ERic
    I get the same error message as others have mentioned, but the app seems to work okay other than that. I do have a suggestion (not to be greedy, but...). My SMTP server uses a non-standard port. I would love an option to use a port other than 25.
    Cool application, and thanks!
    I'm glad everyone has responded that they are getting the same error message. Not that I wish error messages on anyone, but misery loves company?
    Anyway, I guess since so many people are getting this error, and yet everything seems to work in spite of it, it's simply an insignificant bug.....
    thanks for sharing, guys!!!
    This program is great. Thanks for the work. When I email the pictures to myself, I am unable to view the jpeg file on my pc. Any thoughts?
    Any clue when the final release will be out? Projected date? Sounds awsome!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Woah! I see I lost my first reply to this thread??? Anyway, tried the new updated and there is all kinds of problems with it. Next!
    Okay...I do have a warning for everyone. I uninstalled the program because I can't use the email part anyway (see post 23). After uninstalling, the camera was unusable...just "static". I performed a soft-reset, warm-reset, and no luck. Hard reset fixed it. As an aside, that's the first hard reset I've ever had to do...my phone has been fantastically stable (and I have a lot of random software on there).
  9. jah
    I love it! You have engineered in some useful functionality for the Treo 600 - picturemail the way I've wanted it to be since I bought the phone.

I wrote briefly about Pickem and quoted you talking about Smartphones here on TheFeature.com. Go users!

I haven't gotten Pickem to send yet; I got a message "no response from server" and now I'm looking at my draft outgoing email with no buttons down at the bottom. But hey, I'll keep trying and updating.

Justin
    I really like this program (the built in zoom in and out is awesome). I did experience a couple of problems:

1. When I switched back to the factory Picture mail program I got this message: "The camera drive was not found or could not be loaded". The only way I was able to access my original Picture mail program was to do a soft reset.

2. When I tried to send an Pic e-mail using my address book I got this message: "Email couldn't resolve name."

It would be nice to be able to scroll from pic to pic instead of coming out of pic view to get to the next picture.

Thanks for all the work!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Very cool. Goodbye blue dots!

Perhaps it should just send the pic like programs do with the "Send" command. Ive used ZLauncher and RescoViewer to send files to SnapperMail and it works great.

How about integrating Qset functionality (changing compression)?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I received the following error when sending with no attachment: Bad RCPT TO:

Any ideas.
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    I just installed 4.1a and received the previously mentioned "camera model MT9V142" warning and CameraLibOpen error.

I okayed through them and tested the 'z' zoom feature. I did not take a picture. I then went into Picture Mail and took a picture (to make sure it still worked) and I discovered that the Picture Mail preferences had been reset back to the defaults. Any one else encounter this?
    I just d/l'd the app - great job!

I don't see any options for using the vol keys to snap the pics either in the app itself or in the phone display prefs (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

Is this on the list of upgrades?
    finally you made the program we all were looking for.

few questions and annotations:
    I tried it on my GSM Treo 600. Before I try will the mail work or is it intended only for spring?
    I like to take picture, not necessarly to send them. Is there a possibility, as in original camera, to take a picture , save it and the take another without going back and force?

The "r" key, to reset the parameters, doesn't seem to work
    The "s" key seems to freeze the gain. If you move to another light condition it doesn't adapt anymore: you have to exit the program and then reenter.
    When I return on my regular camera program (although I had previously turned off the sound on both programs) I get the click sound.

By the way compliments and go on with this program.
  16.    #36  
    Version 4.2 of Pickem is now on the first post.

Camera settings save
    Status bar works... most of the time
    Time zone is now correct
    Got rid of the two error messages at launch
    Did a lot of code maintenance.
    Many of the little problems people have been having should be fixed.

Zoom still has problems. Looks like I might need to use a chainsaw to fix it. This is #1 on my todo list, along with any problems you find.
    Then it's a better blue dot fix.

Quick manual. I plan on changing the interface a bit to make it easier and more intuitive.

When the camera is showing a live view:
    Click on the SMILEY FACE to take a picture.
    The CAMERA icon is disabled, because you are already in camera mode.
    The other icons are the same as below.

After taking a picture:
    Click the EMAIL icon to save the picture and go to the EMAIL page.
    Click the CAMERA icon to discard the picture, and return to camera mode.
    The third icon is not functional yet.
    Click the PICTURE VIEWER button to save the picture and go to the PICTURE VIEWER page.
    The TAKE PICTURE icon is disabled

In PICTURE VIEW mode, when viewing a picture:
    Click on FINISHED to return to the page you were on before PICTURE VIEW
    Click on CANCEL to return to the PICTURE VIEW list

On the EMAIL page:
    Click on TO: to bring up your address book.
    Click on the EMAIL icon to send the message.
    Click on the CAMERA icon to return to CAMERA mode.
    The third icon is not functional yet.
    Click on the PICTURE VIEW icon to attach a different picture
    The TAKE PICTURE icon is disabled

Quote Originally Posted by ido
    What's the time bomb? I don't understand....
    Cool app, btw!
    On July 1st, the program will stop working.

Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    I get the same error message as others have mentioned, but the app seems to work okay other than that. I do have a suggestion (not to be greedy, but...). My SMTP server uses a non-standard port. I would love an option to use a port other than 25.
    Cool application, and thanks!
    If it's easy, I should have the port change in the next release or two. If not... it's not something I'm against doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bdgallo
    This program is great. Thanks for the work. When I email the pictures to myself, I am unable to view the jpeg file on my pc. Any thoughts?
    How are you trying to view the pictures? I'm using Yahoo and Outlook, and can see the pictures. They're sent as an attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    Any clue when the final release will be out? Projected date? Sounds awsome!
    Looking at my todo list, it's never going to be done

Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    Okay...I do have a warning for everyone. I uninstalled the program because I can't use the email part anyway (see post 23). After uninstalling, the camera was unusable...just "static". I performed a soft-reset, warm-reset, and no luck. Hard reset fixed it. As an aside, that's the first hard reset I've ever had to do...my phone has been fantastically stable (and I have a lot of random software on there).
    I don't know if it would have helped you, but the 'r' key is to fix the type of problem you had. The camera library saves global camera settings in the Saved Preferences, and the only way you can get rid of it is to delete your Saved Preferences ( by doing a hard reset or with Filez ), or pushing my 'r' key. It's in there because I had the same type of problem, except the camera was all black. I thought I broke it!

Quote Originally Posted by jah
    I love it! You have engineered in some useful functionality for the Treo 600 - picturemail the way I've wanted it to be since I bought the phone.

I wrote briefly about Pickem and quoted you talking about Smartphones here on TheFeature.com. Go users!

I haven't gotten Pickem to send yet; I got a message "no response from server" and now I'm looking at my draft outgoing email with no buttons down at the bottom. But hey, I'll keep trying and updating.

Justin
    Thanks for the write-up! Your link is bad, but I managed to find it. I've worked on the "no response from server" problem, and with the buttons on the bottom, so it should be working for you now.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I really like this program (the built in zoom in and out is awesome). I did experience a couple of problems:

1. When I switched back to the factory Picture mail program I got this message: "The camera drive was not found or could not be loaded". The only way I was able to access my original Picture mail program was to do a soft reset.

2. When I tried to send an Pic e-mail using my address book I got this message: "Email couldn't resolve name."

It would be nice to be able to scroll from pic to pic instead of coming out of pic view to get to the next picture.

Thanks for all the work!
    1. I think I fixed that problem.
    2. That one should also be fixed.
    3. If you click on Cancel, it takes you back to the Picture Viewer list.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Very cool. Goodbye blue dots!

Perhaps it should just send the pic like programs do with the "Send" command. Ive used ZLauncher and RescoViewer to send files to SnapperMail and it works great.

How about integrating Qset functionality (changing compression)?
    Until the next version of SnapperMail comes out, I don't think there's a way to select the pictures as thumbnails. I also wanted an easy way to quickly change between email and camera mode. I was tired of the process of taking a picture, launching SnapperMail, navigating folders, and trying to find the picture by its name.

Qset is built in! Just open the menu, select Camera, and pick the Quality Level.

Quote Originally Posted by maxdrive10
    I received the following error when sending with no attachment: Bad RCPT TO:

Any ideas.
    That error message means that the smtp server doesn't like the email address you are trying to send to. Maybe a typo? I changed the message so its meaning is more clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    I just d/l'd the app - great job!

I don't see any options for using the vol keys to snap the pics either in the app itself or in the phone display prefs (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

Is this on the list of upgrades?
    If I was a lefty, it would be done by now! I plan on doing this, but it might be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalVisor
    I just installed 4.1a and received the previously mentioned "camera model MT9V142" warning and CameraLibOpen error.

I okayed through them and tested the 'z' zoom feature. I did not take a picture. I then went into Picture Mail and took a picture (to make sure it still worked) and I discovered that the Picture Mail preferences had been reset back to the defaults. Any one else encounter this?
    Quote Originally Posted by cenz
    finally you made the program we all were looking for.

few questions and annotations:
    I tried it on my GSM Treo 600. Before I try will the mail work or is it intended only for spring?
    I like to take picture, not necessarly to send them. Is there a possibility, as in original camera, to take a picture , save it and the take another without going back and force?

The "r" key, to reset the parameters, doesn't seem to work
    The "s" key seems to freeze the gain. If you move to another light condition it doesn't adapt anymore: you have to exit the program and then reenter.
    When I return on my regular camera program (although I had previously turned off the sound on both programs) I get the click sound.

By the way compliments and go on with this program.
    I can't think of how my program would effect Picture Mail. What are the steps you are going through that cause this?

Sprint? I don't know anybody that has GSM. That's where you come in. I don't see why it should not work for you.

Yes, pushing the 's' key a second time doesn't stop the blue dot fix. That's #2 on my todo list.

I hope I answerd all of your questions, and thanks for the feedback!
    I have the world in my Palm
    I tried version 4.2:
    Although it is better not to have the two warning message at the beginning, it has more problem with the zoom. with the previous version the split screen happened once on a while now it is more frequent, (I've noticed that if you go to the picture viewer and back the screen return normal.) but the real problem is that you cannot go on the preferences of the camera. Every time I tried to go on the menu with the camera setting ( i.e. I want a large picture (VGA) and not a small one) my palm crashes and reset itself. Any way to set the camera preferences?
    Quote Originally Posted by thppfft
    Version 4.2 of Pickem is now on the first post.

1. I think I fixed that problem.
    2. That one should also be fixed.
    3. If you click on Cancel, it takes you back to the Picture Viewer list.
    Thanks thppfft, it's working fine and I'm able to send picture emails now!

Question, is it possible when you get the time to configure the "To" in the Email section to go to addresses when the first two letters of the address is entered? That would be a lot quicker for users than scrolling down through the address book to find the right address.

BTW, my zoom works great!

Thanks again.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I am a newbie, so please forgive me.
    I have the gsm treo.
    Does this work on gsm treo, and if yes, than just how. I installed it and can't seem to find how to start playing with it. It dosn't even show as an icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by thppfft
    Until the next version of SnapperMail comes out, I don't think there's a way to select the pictures as thumbnails. I also wanted an easy way to quickly change between email and camera mode. I was tired of the process of taking a picture, launching SnapperMail, navigating folders, and trying to find the picture by its name.
    An app can send a pic TO SnapperMail (or HS mail for that matter). For example in RescoViewer or ZLauncher I can select a picture and bring up the context menu, hit "Send" and it will give me a list of apps to send to. I hit SnapperMail and it opens up SnapperMail with a new message and the picture attached. If I was previously in Snapper working on an email and did this, it would attach it to the open email.

So basically if you implemented this I could take the picture and hit a "Send" button, and it would open Snapper with the pic attached to a new message.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast