Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJGolfer
    If you install the Pickem patched version, it is safe to delete the picture application that comes with the phone? If so, what is the exact file name that can be deleted?
    You can not delete the built-in pictures application that comes with the phone. It is saved in ROM (Read-Only Memory) meaning that whatever is in there cannot be removed. Programs like PickEm, are saved in RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    ergggggg....... thats messed up. but its not the main PCS vision email right?
    heres a question should i be able to get my email working thru Outlook as well? cuz i tried that and that too fails.
    Make sure you have outlook setup to authenticate when sending emails. By default it only sends your user name and password when you check email, but sprint requires authentication when sending email as well. I use Outlook XP at home with no problems (via a PDANet dialup connection).

I think sprint may have their servers configured to only allow email request from IP addresses on their network also, so if you try to check your sprint account from your regualur dialup account (bell south etc.) or your cable internet conenction (charter etc.) you probably won't be able to get through. Don't quote me on that, but I think I had problems checking email from work because of that configuration.

--TechDude
    Last edited by TechDude; 06/10/2004 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Made "sending" bold
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude

I think sprint may have their servers configured to only allow email request from IP addresses on their network also, so if you try to check your sprint account from your regualur dialup account (bell south etc.) or your cable internet conenction (charter etc.) you probably won't be able to get through. Don't quote me on that, but I think I had problems checking email from work because of that configuration.

--TechDude
    Not true. I can check my sprint account from my pc no problem.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Not true. I can check my sprint account from my pc no problem.
    As I said, "Don't quote me on that..."

I just remembered having problems when I first got my Sprint service, and I thought that was why. Guess I was wrong. But I'm confident that you have to authenticate when sending. At least I do.

--TechDude
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    As I said, "Don't quote me on that..."

I just remembered having problems when I first got my Sprint service, and I thought that was why. Guess I was wrong. But I'm confident that you have to authenticate when sending. At least I do.

--TechDude

AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!! I did quote you. So much for listening to directions.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!! I did quote you. So much for listening to directions.
    That's some funny sh!t right there...
    Quote Originally Posted by kevp913
    i created a simple patch that gets around the beta expiration of pickem v5. seeing as how this program was free to begin with and is no longer supported, i dont think posting it should be a problem.

if anyone has objections, i will remove it asap.
    Problems? With whom? The developer just disappeared from the face of the earth!

In fact, I think you must be him, in disguise. I'll keep this between us, Clark, ahhemmm, Mr. Kent
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i never did get this working. set up PCS account got the write fields in there... i just dont know. but i have a gmail account so things are good. but not with this app.

i wish the sprint mobsters didnt kill the developer of this app.
    Am I dumb or blind, maybe both? Where is the software, the blue dots are killing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by d-wells
    Am I dumb or blind, maybe both? Where is the software, the blue dots are killing me.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=2755
    Great little program, especially because of its Zoom capability. However, did you notice that the pics taken with this program, as suppose to the original Treo program, can NOT be seen with your regular PC viewers, such as Photoshop, uLead etc. So, I CAN view them in my Treo, but not on my PC, and only those taken with Pickem. I wonder if pics sent through e-mail to other non-Treo recipients can actually see the pictures?

Any one else with this problem? I happen to have Qset installed (set to 95) as well. Just in case this one somehow interferes with the other.?
    Quote Originally Posted by calesuar
    Great little program, especially because of its Zoom capability. However, did you notice that the pics taken with this program, as suppose to the original Treo program, can NOT be seen with your regular PC viewers, such as Photoshop, uLead etc. So, I CAN view them in my Treo, but not on my PC, and only those taken with Pickem. I wonder if pics sent through e-mail to other non-Treo recipients can actually see the pictures?

Any one else with this problem? I happen to have Qset installed (set to 95) as well. Just in case this one somehow interferes with the other.?
    The only reason the pics can't be seen on the computer is because the program does not put the .jpg extension on them. If you rename your file with the .jpg extension you'll be fine.

Josh

This program only save the images to internal ram.

I get a photo with it, move to the card with the built-in Camera program and extract from the card and voila I see in my windows with Internet Explores (example)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshFink
    The only reason the pics can't be seen on the computer is because the program does not put the .jpg extension on them. If you rename your file with the .jpg extension you'll be fine.

Josh
    Mine have the .jpg extension, and I have moved them to my card, then exported them to my desktop, but I still cannot view the pictures with any program. Really stinks. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    -Joe
    Last edited by ExtraOrdinaryJo; 06/16/2004 at 06:24 PM.

I have the same problem, but it's only when I have the camera set to take large pictures. Small pictures show up in my inbox and can be viewed, but the large ones cannot and no program I have will open it.
    Hello!

I get this message:
    Error: This beta copy of Pickem has expired.

I have de newest firmware for de Treo 600.

What's wrong?
    Get the newest pickem from mytreo.net

HTH,
    Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo

HTH,
    Joe
    Or get it from this thread. It would be easier to find were the thread not being bloated by all the people who can't be bothered to read it!
    thanks Joe and dbrashear ! you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo

HTH,
    Joe
    I tried this app; it seems wonderful. However after I went to another app, and then tried to start the app again, I got an error message that says my "Beta version of this software has expired" and I can activate the program any more. Any suggestions?