Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    I have never been able to get the software to work. All I get is :beta has expired" when I launch the software.

How do you get it to launch?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nelcon
    I have never been able to get the software to work. All I get is :beta has expired" when I launch the software.

How do you get it to launch?
    read the bottom of page 7, and ALL of page 8 and 9. your question has been asked and answered already.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    Me too on the Email: Bad data error.

GSM w/ Cingular, any ideas? I am about to delete and re-install.

already tried the delete and reinstall..
    this problem must be solved.
    lets start going into the type of email service/server being used for the smtp.
    i really wanna make this my primary app but i dont see the point if i cant attatch.
    So...

-Bad Data Error on both Sprint in NY and Cingular on GSM
    -proven to work on Sprint in Denver.

Well this leads me to believe since we are taking the same pictures on the the same type of treo on sprint then it has to be the way the email is being setup..

02flhrci can u please post exactly the syntax of each line of your Email config without giving away any privite info.

Your Name:
    Email Address:
    Reply to Address:
    SMTP Server:
    Username:yourusername
    Password:****

btw either sprint got some hitmen to snipe the maker of this app b4 it got out of hand or they paid him off to never show his face on treocentral again. either way i forgive him and thank him for the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    02flhrci can u please post exactly the syntax of each line of your Email config without giving away any privite info.

Your Name:
    Email Address:
    Reply to Address:
    SMTP Server:
    Username:yourusername
    Sure, but I don't think it matters. I had a ton of trouble getting it working until I figured out my correct username and password. I had to login to the SPCS website and setup Vision Email. TOTALLY DIFFERENT than your vision login and password. That being said...:

Your Name: Jeremy
    Email Address: insert regular email address here (unrelated to SMTP server)
    Reply to Address: same as email address
    SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: username@sprintpcs.com

That's all she wrote. Works like a champ.

Good luck.... Jeremy
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    exactly which password needs to be updated..
    Account Password
    PCS Vision Password

ehhh i keep gettin authentication failure.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    OK, maybe my problem is that the email setup doesn't allow an option for server authentication, which my email provider requires, is any one else who requires smtp authentication able to get it to work?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    im still just tryin to get it working with sprint.
    my new error is Email Authentication Error. Getting closer but still no dice >_<
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    this is my fist time trying this application so, i downloaded the patched file...
    all i can do is take pictures with it, i dont see any zoom functions or "blue dot" removal button? what am i missing?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    zoom u can get by hitting the "z" .. blue removal.. is S

my screen keeps just going into split screen when i try to zoom. it worked once a while ago but no more.
    zoom u can get by hitting the "z" .. blue removal.. is S

my screen keeps just going into split screen when i try to zoom. it worked once a while ago but no more.

when the screen splits, hit "s". It will go back...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    whats wrong with my email!!!! if i can get that to work its makin my shortcuts menu.
    exactly which password needs to be updated..
    Account Password
    PCS Vision Password

ehhh i keep gettin authentication failure.

I honestly don't know which it is...I just screwed around with it until I figured out which was which and it worked!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ergggggg....... thats messed up. but its not the main PCS vision email right?
    heres a question should i be able to get my email working thru Outlook as well? cuz i tried that and that too fails.
    ergggggg....... thats messed up. but its not the main PCS vision email right?
    heres a question should i be able to get my email working thru Outlook as well? cuz i tried that and that too fails.

OK...here's the deal. Go to spcs.com. Login. Go to online tools on the left side. Then click PCS Email. THAT'S the username and password you use. If that doesn't work properly you are S.O.L. as far as I know...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i am sol then cuz thats what i was doing. man.. just my luck.. ill keep trying.
    you are using username@sprintpcs.com for your login name, right?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    yes... the password for my email should be teh same as my actual vision password correct? as in the same the password used to access the internet from my treo600 not just the password to login to my account.
    yes... the password for my email should be teh same as my actual vision password correct? as in the same the password used to access the internet from my treo600 not just the password to login to my account.
    Not necessarily. When I set mine up, I actually had to register and create the email account on Sprint's website. For some reason, though Vision was working perfectly, the SMTP server wouldn't. So I went to the website, setup the email account, and then it was all peachy.
    This app has tremendous potential for allowing us to use something on the Treo that is practically worthless without it. Thanks so much! Putting in the long hours though?! When is the last time anyone has got in touch with the developer? Can't wait until I can delete pictures I save on the camera after I send them. I don't have too much space with all these great apps. Also, there should definitely be some type of slide bar so that when you push 's' you can see how much you are turning the gain up or down. The same for the zoom. A reminder of buttons above and below these would be nice too. Thanks again for all the hard work.

BTW..Does anyone else see the "Sending Complete" message for emailing pics in an error box? Just wondering if this was right.
    If you install the Pickem patched version, it is safe to delete the picture application that comes with the phone? If so, what is the exact file name that can be deleted?