1.    #1  
    I see that TreoPictureCallerID is not compatible with the Treo600. I also see that you can attach a picture to your quick contacts, but it appears you can do so if the image was taken with the builtin camera. I don't have a card reader, so I can't test putting an image on the card and then seeing if the Treo recognizes it. Perhaps someone can confirm if that is one way to get a picture caller id working?
    i think theres a built in feature in the treo600 .. but you can only do 50 pictures .. i forgot how to do it .. anyone ?
    Are you asking if the Treo 600 can do picture caller ID? If so, the answer is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Are you asking if the Treo 600 can do picture caller ID? If so, the answer is yes.
    Yes, it can natively.

Snap a picture, or somehow get the pic into your Pictures Application, in the Ram area, not on SD card. Edit a contact and click on the more button. This is where you choose the picture to use. Click on the picture box and select the pic from within the pictures app.
    Here is a How To Guide for Picture Caller ID:
    http://www.tavisjohn.com/treo600/How..._caller_id.htm
    It requires the picture to be in the main memory of the phone. It will not work off of the memory card.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    That's great. But I think, I know I am, we are looking for a PID that you can use with all, not just 50 contacts.
    Take off your pants and stay awhile.
    Just wait.... It is comming....
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Gotta love the Bucky Katt!! Thanks for the update Tavis! I am looking forward to a new PID.
    Take off your pants and stay awhile.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, I understand that the Treo does Picture ID. MY question was about getting the image on the internal memory w/o having a card reader. I can't just sync a jpg to the internal memory. I tried moving the image from the SD card using Filez, but it just errors out.
  10.    #10  
    I httpd'ed it to get it on my system. I was hoping to avoid using the browser, but it appears that is the only way to do it failing a card reader.
    The Picture app has catagories, one of these catagories (Usually the bottom one) has all the pictures in your /DCIM listed. You then use the MOVE command to MOVE/COPY the pictures from the memory card to your main memory. (I guess I'll have to make some more guides )
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble
    Yes, I understand that the Treo does Picture ID. MY question was about getting the image on the internal memory w/o having a card reader. I can't just sync a jpg to the internal memory. I tried moving the image from the SD card using Filez, but it just errors out.
    To sync a jpg to the internal memory:
    1) from your desktop, place the .jpg images into the folder:
    C:\program files\handspring\Treo Pictures\"username"\transfer\
    2) Then hotsync
    It will show up in the internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble
    don't worry. this will be resolved soon with new version of Lightwav May 1. check www.toysoft.ca for details.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    I hope your beta testing it!!...
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    I hope your beta testing it!!...
    I am...and it's pretty groovy!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    In the form of a new/latest version of Lightwav or in the form of a Treo "built-in" thing/process?

Are there alternatives other than Lightwav?

Thanks!
    i think it can be easily done..
    coz all we need is to show JPG on SD
    thats all ..

i wonder why the heck lightwave did a .gif instead of just popping up a simple jpg .. funny how sometime ppl just think the other way .. haha

just my opinion..
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    i think it can be easily done..
    coz all we need is to show JPG on SD
    thats all ..

i wonder why the heck lightwave did a .gif instead of just popping up a simple jpg .. funny how sometime ppl just think the other way .. haha

just my opinion..

It does both now. Your choice - .gif or .jpg.