Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally my new launcher is here.

It's designed to let you launch applications and contacts seamlessly.

The idea is that if you know what (or who) you want, then you type them in and are taken to what you need.

If it's an application - that is launched
    If it's a person, you can email, call, sms or open the contact in the address book.

There are bound to be bugs and there is a lot more I'd like to develop.

However - I feel that arrow launcher is ready for some real testing now - and would value the opinions of anyone who'se willing to risk possible crashes.

Treobutler would never have got where it was without a lot of help!

As with Treobutler, the price will be low initially for those that want to buy in early. It'll go up as the launcher gets better and the bugs are ironed out. Free upgrades will be provided! And of course you can try a fully functional version for free.

Arrow Launcher is designed to work on (almost) all palms - so I'd love to hear from non-treo 600 users.

I look forward to a lot of feedback!

Edit:Changed file to 0.11
    Edit: the latest file is now available at palmgear
    Arrow Launcher Link
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 04/26/2004 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Remove file - now available at palmgear
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I do like it and will be purchasing soon. Will you be adding features later possibly such as time, signal strength, quick access to sys prefs, battery level, ect??? Will it be able to read the apps stored on sd card? I like the look and feel so far. Great Job!

Chris
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    I do like it and will be purchasing soon. Will you be adding features later possibly such as time, signal strength, quick access to sys prefs, battery level, ect??? Will it be able to read the apps stored on sd card? I like the look and feel so far. Great Job!

Chris
    Glad you like it. Signal strength etc should come quickly. Apps from the sd card will be harder!
    Hobbyist Software
    Pretty cool. Issues I have found: When I choose a contact and then choose 'B Back to main list', I am thrown into a Compose screen instead of the main list. Choosing SMS, Phone and e-mail take me to Contact View, not SMS, phone or e-mail. I think I have the helpers set up correctly. Is this the way the contacts are supposed to behave?
    Last edited by lb505; 04/25/2004 at 07:52 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Pretty cool. Issues I have found: When I choose a contact and then choose 'B Back to main list', I am thrown into a Compose screen instead of the main list. Choosing SMS, Phone and e-mail take me to Contact View, not SMS, phone or e-mail. I think I have the helpers set up correctly. Is this the way the contacts are supposed to behave?
    what should happen is this:
    say:
    email helper = snapper mail
    sms helper = messaging
    phone helper = phone

select a number under the phone heading and you start a call
    select a number under sms and the messaging program is opened (the number you want should be populated - but the messaging program only does that if you don't already have a message open)
    select an email and snapper mail opens up with the email address populated

What's happening for you?
    Hobbyist Software
    This is how my helpers are set up:
    Email Handler: BizConn (choices are SMS, BizConn or none)
    SMS Handler: SMS (choices are SMS or none)
    Phone Handler: Phone (choices are phone or none)

When I select a number under the phone heading, I get Contact View . Same with SMS and mail. The phone doesn't dial, the SMS and e-mail don't start a messaging screen. I DO get a messaging screen with the 'B Back to main list' instead of the main list.
    Just discovered something - this is only a problem in the VIP view. If all applications/contacts are visible, everything works fine.

Edit: BizConn doesn't work. "E-mail encountered a problem". Other than that, it seems that the VIP view is what caused the other problems.
    Last edited by lb505; 04/25/2004 at 10:13 AM.
    can someone email it to me. I am out of town, downloaded with webpro and it won't unzip without errors.

thanks
    dutchtrumpet@yahoo.com

got it...looks great. how do I buy

couldn't find on palmgear

thanks!!!
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 04/25/2004 at 11:39 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    got it...looks great. how do I buy

couldn't find on palmgear

thanks!!!
    They have to approve products - hopefully they'll get to it early Monday.
    Hobbyist Software
    OK, I'm evaluating it right now, and it has some promise. Here's my first impressions:

1. On the front screen, it would be nice to have 5-way navigation be able to switch from Normal to VIP
    2. It would be nice to have a preference to allow VIP to activate without first having to launch to Arrow Launcher (would allow one-tap less)
    3. Allow the user to switch between Normal and VIP via the File menu (for those of us wanting stylus-free usage)
    4. What is the recycle-button on the left do?
    5. Card apps would be very nice as well.
    6. Could through in a file manager function too since you have all the apps listed already.

Overall, nice app...keep up the improvements...
  11.    #11  
    0.11 fixes a couple of bugs
    1) contacts work properly in vip mode (thanks lb505)
    2) pressing b in the contact screen now selects back to previous as it should

Kilo - re your comments, some of my current thoughts

1. On the front screen, it would be nice to have 5-way navigation be able to switch from Normal to VIP

I've opted to let you use 5way for selecting and going back. Could change that - what do you think?

2. It would be nice to have a preference to allow VIP to activate without first having to launch to Arrow Launcher (would allow one-tap less)
    Don't think I understand - VIP does stay on between launches if that's what you mean.

3. Allow the user to switch between Normal and VIP via the File menu (for those of us wanting stylus-free usage)

Could do. Are my thumb buttons not big enough for you

4. What is the recycle-button on the left do?
    Updates contacts and apps. Use if you've added or deleted since last refresh. This stops me from having to build the list (slow) every launch

5. Card apps would be very nice as well.
    Yup - though I suspect hard - that may take a while!

6. Could through in a file manager function too since you have all the apps listed already.
    I'm planning to offer delete (files & contacts) but probably leave it at that.

Thanks for the comments!
    Hobbyist Software
    Contacts work in VIP now Great! Something I noticed in 0.11 that I don't think was there in the previous version - when I choose a contact in regular mode, the name of the person appears above the box with all the contact information. When I choose a contact in VIP mode, the name shown above the box is *not* the name of the contact I chose, although all the contact information is correct. It looks like the name shown is the contact/program that appears above the VIP contact name I chose as it is listed in regular mode. (hope I didn't confuse you)
    OK, I'm learning now..didn't realize it took the place of K Launch of TB. Disregard my #2.

RE: my #1, Maybe allow 5-way use either way (i.e., set it up as a preference)?

Now this is really getting good. Thanks for the app...
  14.    #14  
    Just wanted to mention that this is an 'all palm' app - It definitely works on my T270!
    Hobbyist Software
    Unless I was doing something really wrong, Arrow Launcher was interferring with KeyCaps 6000. Maybe there was a setting somewhere I was missing? (I just saw the post above about how this was supposed to "replace" K Launch in TB, which I also use. Maybe there was an "Ignore" drop down too? I deleted ArrowLaunch because I was writting a message and needed the Key Caps back, but can reinstall again to check if no one else comments.

Louis
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    Unless I was doing something really wrong, Arrow Launcher was interferring with KeyCaps 6000. Maybe there was a setting somewhere I was missing? (I just saw the post above about how this was supposed to "replace" K Launch in TB, which I also use. Maybe there was an "Ignore" drop down too? I deleted ArrowLaunch because I was writting a message and needed the Key Caps back, but can reinstall again to check if no one else comments.

Louis

Hi Louis,

There shouldn't be any interference unless you select 'letter key held down' as one of the arrow launcher launch triggers. They both play nicely on my palm. I use the home key as a trigger and just press twice if I want to launch x-launcher.

If you're using keylauncher in treobutler, then you have to get the ignore setting right - but sounds like you know that!
    Hobbyist Software
    I find that my phone now resets when I try to use beampro. Also why is the font so small?
    Looks like another winner, CV! Off to register!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by srulie
    I find that my phone now resets when I try to use beampro. Also why is the font so small?
    Can you give me some more details of the reset you're getting? What version of beampro - and what do you do to get a reset?
    I'm using 1.3.1 with no apparent problems.

Re the fonts - do you mean the fonts in the list? I've just used the standard font - but could investigate larger fonts. One drawback would be that you wouldn't see so much of the name/number in the list.
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Hi Louis,

There shouldn't be any interference unless you select 'letter key held down' as one of the arrow launcher launch triggers. They both play nicely on my palm. I use the home key as a trigger and just press twice if I want to launch x-launcher.

If you're using keylauncher in treobutler, then you have to get the ignore setting right - but sounds like you know that!
    D'Oh!!! I think I was second guessing myself, which is why I screwed that up. I was thinking "letter key" meant I could pick a specific letter key to launch Arrow Launcher. Then didn't get to playing with it more before I started running into issues. Will reload tonight and try again. I have to remember what I tell my students sometimes, "Don't think too much!"

I'll try using the home key. Is the "Press twice to bring up the launcher" something that happens automatically? (I have ZLauncher and LauncherX on my 600, one will probably go away soon)

Louis
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast