Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hi,

If you download the "TAKEphONE OS-5 extension 2.01" at www.shsh.com/beta , run it, and enable - then you should be able to select TAKEphONE as a phone helper.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Cool thing. Thanks Shimon.
    Quote Originally Posted by estuardo
    Hi,

I've been using your product for the last three hours and it is great. I can launch programs on the SD card just fine using a 3rd party program.

I have a suggestion/question:
    Is it possible to include a way to change a preference's toggle between just apps and apps and contacts? If you happen to have many contacts named, just as an example, "Treo", then you'll need to press a lot of keys to get to a treo named program. A longer press may deactivate contacts.

Other suggestion is to include bookmarks for web pages, as treo buttler can do.

Otherwise this is great. I'll register the software right away.
    Rob,

I have another idea:
    - When you launch a contact, why you keep the part that display the phones so small? It would be better if you use a larger space and use larger fonts for this screen to be seen from a distance.

BTW I used this program on a Zire 71 and a Tungsten T without problems.

GB
  4. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Great app - you have my money already. A couple of simple(?) requests that would make it perfect:-

1. Some way of telling Apps and Contacts apart at a glance, e.g. background or text colour. Would make spotting of the desired entry so much quicker with the eye, especially with a lot of similarly named apps and contacts (e.g. I have Database program (DB) and Database Administrators (DBA))

2. Add batt, time, date and signal strength icons, so I know it's possible to make the call.

I'm already using Arrow as my single launch point, but with the above I really would have no need to start at any other screen.
    Last edited by Me2; 04/29/2004 at 04:56 PM.
    Hi,

A small fix for the "TAKEphONE OS-5 extension" utility (to connect ArrowLauncher to TAKEphONE) - posted ver. 2.02 at www.shsh.com/beta

Note - you can also use TeleTone (attached) to make DTMF calls from within ArrowLauncher.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shimon Shnitzer
  6.    #46  
    1. Some way of telling Apps and Contacts apart at a glance, e.g. background or text colour. Would make spotting of the desired entry so much quicker with the eye, especially with a lot of similarly named apps and contacts (e.g. I have Database program (DB) and Database Administrators (DBA))
    -Nice idea - I'll add it to the to do list (btw - you can also add suggestions at the arrowlauncher forum www.arrowlaunch.999.org)

2. Add batt, time, date and signal strength icons, so I know it's possible to make the call.
    That's high on the to-do list!

Also - great to see Shimon so responsive in updating takephone to work with arrowlauncher. I can't get the two to play nicely yet - but I'm certain that'll be fixed.
    The teleTone dialer also works a treat!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi. Been checking out your program today..One problem I had was trying to add VIP's. I have 1000 addresses....if that person's name started with Y, I am out of luck..it takes so long to scroll that far..It would be great if I could type in the first letter of the name, and it would show up in the VIP screen. Thanks...
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by owenbg
    Hi. Been checking out your program today..One problem I had was trying to add VIP's. I have 1000 addresses....if that person's name started with Y, I am out of luck..it takes so long to scroll that far..It would be great if I could type in the first letter of the name, and it would show up in the VIP screen. Thanks...
    Your wish is my command - version 0.12 will be up at palmgear in a couple of mins!

also the registration bug is fixed and the name shows correctly in vip mode
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi..Thanks...I downloaded the .12 zip from palm gear...but when it decompresses to a .prc file..it's still the .11 version, with the same situation as before....damn..lol ...thanks again..I be checkin back later on to see if the .prc has been changed...
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by owenbg
    Hi..Thanks...I downloaded the .12 zip from palm gear...but when it decompresses to a .prc file..it's still the .11 version, with the same situation as before....damn..lol ...thanks again..I be checkin back later on to see if the .prc has been changed...
    I just did the same and got the 0.12 version. A proxy problem?
    Hobbyist Software
    The zip file from Palmgear is named 12 but when you unzip, it has the 11 prc. I also checked after I reinstalled and version 11 shows.
    i just did the update, opened directly from palmgear, and hotsynced it. Shows .12
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Well, I just downloaded again 2 more times. The link in CV's sig gets me 11, the link in the first post gets me 12.
    Thanks,

I just received my T600 this week (upgraded from TT). I saw this post and went to PalmGear to get this program and treobutler. Iím also using snappermail, launcher x, and splashwallet. Anything else I should consider?

James
    I just downloadning .12 from Palmgear (GMT 3am). It list .12 but uploads .11 to me.
    I have confirmed that the registration bug is fixed with 0.12 on T600. I hve not expereinced any major issues...Thanks
    Business Connection doesn't seem to work with the launcher. Is it something in my set up or is it the program? I have BizConn selected as the helper.
    I am having a problem getting Arrow Launcher to work with TakePhone. I have the new versions of both program. When I select a name in Arrow and try to dial it I get the message "The phone application encountered a problem" and it then goes to "Contacts".

If I hilight the name and use the "Phone" button while in Arrow, TakePhone comes up without the name.

I also have the new version of the "TAKEphONE OS-5 extension" utility (to connect ArrowLauncher to TAKEphONE)
    Last edited by Parityone; 05/02/2004 at 10:49 AM.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone
    I am having a problem getting Arrow Launcher to work with TakePhone. I have the new versions of both program. When I select a name in Arrow and try to dial it I get the message "The phone application encountered a problem" and it then goes to "Contacts".

If I hilight the name and use the "Phone" button while in Arrow, TakePhone comes up without the name.

I also have the new version of the "TAKEphONE OS-5 extension" utility (to connect ArrowLauncher to TAKEphONE)

you have to use
    TAKEphONE 5.05m (beta 99y82) (if you're using a treo)
    and
    TAKEphONE OS-5 extension 2.02

both available at
    http://www.shsh.com/beta/

The when you use it - you don't even notice TakePhone, though the number you dial will be logged in the takephone call log.
    Hobbyist Software
    Dont forget to run the "OS-5 extension" and enable both options.
    Shimon Shnitzer
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast