1.    #1  
    I found a way to protect my Treo that I really like.
    1) E-grips This is a fantastic product. Gives a comfortable, safe grip and keeps the Treo from slipping and sliding off every surface imaginable. ($10.00)

2) Screen Protector (BoxWave ClearTouch works great for me.)
    Keeps the screen clean, eliminates glare, easy to apply and cuts down the bulk of a case. ($13.00 for 1, $28.00 for 3)

This comfortable combination allows me to keep the Treo in any pocket I choose, and every the port is always available.
    Last edited by Psychiatreoist; 04/29/2004 at 07:50 PM.
    I use the same exact set up.

Although I sometimes use a Ripoffs Holster as well for further protection.

Hi, the link to egrips is defect. Can you please send an other one that works.
    Thx in advance.
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mirror

Hi, the link to egrips is defect. Can you please send an other one that works.
    Thx in advance.
    Here you are.

Alternatively go to the homepage at www.egrips.com.
    Are you worried at all about damaging the screen or making it less sensitive to the stylus by using this technique. I have a screen protector also, but I worry about excessive pressure on the screen or "point loading" of something against the screen when it is in your pocket - especially a jeans pocket. The screen protectors guard against scratching and body oils, etc - but they are not a shield! I am interested in your experiences using this - any problems, etc. Thanks
    Yep, this combination works great. It's been discussed numerous times for those of us who prefer to go caseless. I've been using mine like this since for quite some time now and the phone still looks like new.
    Anyone got a pic of the egrips on their treo??

Thanks
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by avidal
    Are you worried at all about damaging the screen or making it less sensitive to the stylus by using this technique. I have a screen protector also, but I worry about excessive pressure on the screen or "point loading" of something against the screen when it is in your pocket - especially a jeans pocket. The screen protectors guard against scratching and body oils, etc - but they are not a shield! I am interested in your experiences using this - any problems, etc. Thanks
    I've been using the same screen protector since Christmas and have no issues whatsoever. But I do NOT carry things like keys in the same pocket with the Treo, and wouldn't recommend doing so. I keep the Treo face in, so if anything hits my pocket from the outside it won't get the screen, and nothing else goes in that pocket except for papers or a handkerchief.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I worried and tossed and turned with my case decision for months. Then I broke down and got a pielframa. It was great for a while, but using the phone with the flip top got old real quick. So I stumbled on egrips, threw caution to the wind and bought the suckers. Wow! Between egrips, a screen protector and phone insurance (just in case), I couldn't be happier! Egrips are great to eliminate the slide factor. Anywhere, on anything; I love them! I bought the ones with a black back and silver sides, to match the treo coloring. love it!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychiatreoist
    I found a way to protect my Treo that I really like.
    1) E-grips This is a fantastic product. Gives a comfortable, safe grip and keeps the Treo from slipping and sliding off every surface imaginable. ($10.00)

2) Screen Protector (BoxWave ClearTouch works great for me.)
    Keeps the screen clean, eliminates glare, easy to apply and cuts down the bulk of a case. ($13.00 for 1, $28.00 for 3)

This comfortable combination allows me to keep the Treo in any pocket I choose, and every the port is always available.
    The links in my original post are now correct for egrips and for boxwave. I had some trouble with the formatting. Sorry.
    To answer avidal's question, I do use the screen protector as scratch control. I barely use the stylus. Once you master the 5-way navigation it becomes close to useless.
    I keep my Treo it in a shirt or vest pocket with only a pen--nothing else.
    Caseless - with eGrips and Boxwave - since December 2003 - love it! Always very careful (paranoid???) about sharing pockets (or even sharing the same hand) with car keys, etc.
    i just got the innopocket case and am liking it very much.
    had been using the solution detailed above -- screen protector, egrips and lots of tlc (shirt pocket, no keys or pens, etc).
    amazingly, the egrips don't really interfere with the case (different contact points).
    note, i have read articles that describe "phone insurance" ... if you report damage or loss to your carrier, they have the discretion to replace your phone with either a refurbished unit, or a "similar" model ... which may or may not be a treo, let alone a treo 600.
    how do you guys deal with lint in your pocket? i was just using a screen protector for a while and it was great...until the speakerphone and mic become less and less effective...and it was cuz lint and dust was pluggin up the mic hole and the speakerphone speaker.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    would you guys reccomend getting the silver egrips for the gsm treo and black for sprint? or do you think that black would look good on a gsm treo? or better yet, does anyone have pictures they can post?
    I have a Sprint version.

I use the black and silver egrips. Black for the back and silver for the sides. This matches the natural color of the Sprint Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I have a Sprint version.

I use the black and silver egrips. Black for the back and silver for the sides. This matches the natural color of the Sprint Treo.

so you would reccomend getting the color that matches your phone?
    well, some people prefer an integrated look, others prefer to stand out. it's a preference thing!