Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Forgive my ignorance - but how do we use the date stamp or other shortcuts (found in the preferences drop down menu) on our treo 600's? I would like to be able to use the date and or time stamps when taking notes on the treo.

thanks!
    Install Graffiti Anywhere and then you can do the shortcut stoke on the screen and viloa. This is what I do with Doc to Go when in an Excell or Word file
    Another way you could do it (withouth the stylus) would be to:

1. press 's'
    2. press '0/Alt' to bring down a menu
    3. scroll down to the shortcut key icon and press 'center' in 5-way button
    4. enter your shortcut (ie: ds, ts, dts, etc.)

Hope that helps!
    Doug
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks, Doug, that's what I was looking for - doesn't seem like much of a "shortcut", though
    yea, I agree, That is why I use the free Graffiti Anywhere and use the "tap on corner" to activeate.

It would be nice to get the shortcut project going again for TreoButler, like the way the command menu pulls up.

So WHAY WERE they not thinking, when they made the Shortcut via the keyboard such a long cut.
    This freeware application makes this process much easier.

http://tinyurl.com/2k6op

Quote Originally Posted by jensenej
    Thanks, Doug, that's what I was looking for - doesn't seem like much of a "shortcut", though
    There is a faster way to use the Alt key:

1. Press 's' Alt
    2. Press Alt three more times to scroll to shortcut
    3. Enter your shortcut

Note that you do NOT have to use the 5-way or even select the shortcut character before entering the actual shortcut. This works for any Alt-key combination. You can use the Alt key itself to scroll down the list, and you can start typing the next desired letter and it will select the alt character AND output the next letter. You can also use the spacebar to just select an alt character.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    The reason I mentioned the shortcuts utility is because it cuts down on all of those key presses. After it's configured, you can just press ".t" (without the quotes) to get a times stamp or a date stamp etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    There is a faster way to use the Alt key:

1. Press 's' Alt
    2. Press Alt three more times to scroll to shortcut
    3. Enter your shortcut

Note that you do NOT have to use the 5-way or even select the shortcut character before entering the actual shortcut. This works for any Alt-key combination. You can use the Alt key itself to scroll down the list, and you can start typing the next desired letter and it will select the alt character AND output the next letter. You can also use the spacebar to just select an alt character.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    This freeware application makes this process much easier.

http://tinyurl.com/2k6op
    Pauljmail, thanks for the link! Nice find...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    The reason I mentioned the shortcuts utility is because it cuts down on all of those key presses. After it's configured, you can just press ".t" (without the quotes) to get a times stamp or a date stamp etc.
    I realize that, just wanted to give an alternative to people like myself that dont use shortcuts enough to install a hack. Plus, I dont think many people realize that quick method of using the Alt key for normal typing.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989