Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What's the largest SD Card Size usable for Treo 600? Is there a limit? The Handsping site didn't mention a limit.

I see that there is a 1 GB SD card available. Has anyone tried it out?
    Yeah there are some people using the 1 gig SD cards. There were a few threads about them in the SD forum (which is where this thread probably belongs) before the site crashed.
    I'm using a 1gb SD card. Room for lots of music, videos, programs,backups, etc.etc. And it is significantly faster than the 256mb card I started with. Both are SanDisk.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    maybe a but unpolite, but here goes. How much did you pay for that card ?
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    I bought one on ebay for $275 about one month ago.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PitbuLL
    maybe a but unpolite, but here goes. How much did you pay for that card ?
    Sharing info is what it's all about.

Here's one for $278.99 http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3947038
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Yeah there are some people using the 1 gig SD cards. There were a few threads about them in the SD forum (which is where this thread probably belongs) before the site crashed.
    Is there an upperbound on the size of SD card that the 600 can handle?
    I beleive that 4 GB is currently the upper limit for SD. There are currently cards available up to 1 GB, but larger cards will come to market over time.

The Treo will not have a problem with any size card, as the memory circitry is resident on the card. This is better than many other forms of memory, where the OS needs to be able to read up to a certain size.
    Aboiut $276 inlcuding California tax.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Droosh
    I beleive that 4 GB is currently the upper limit for SD. There are currently cards available up to 1 GB, but larger cards will come to market over time.
    At CES, back in January, the SanDisk display showed 1GB cards shipping in 2004, 2GB in 2005 and 4GB in 2006.

ERic
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I'm using a 1gb SD card. Room for lots of music, videos, programs,backups, etc.etc. And it is significantly faster than the 256mb card I started with. Both are SanDisk.
    You are quite brave to use a Sandisk SD card in a Palm device - I have fried many. The most reliable cards I have used are Panasonic. I have several 512 MB ones which work great. The 1 Gig panasonics should be out in a couple of months...
    why have so many SD cards?
    The largest size SD card for a Treo 600 is 1.25 inches x .75 inches.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    The largest size SD card for a Treo 600 is 1.25 inches x .75 inches.
    ............. and the thickness?
    I had to remove the lable on my 512mb card to get it in!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I just purchased a SanDisk 1gb card. I can't get it to work with my Treo. After spending nearly 2 hrs installing and re-installing crap on this card I gave up. Is it me or the card? I finally gave up and put my 256 PNY card back in.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    did you go to Card Info on the PalmOS and click on the Card -> then your 1gb sd card and format it? when i put my 1gb PQI SD card in, card info does not immediately show my card, I must select it first
    I got my 1gb the other week from www.dabs.com/uk I was a bit foolish, I went for the cheapest 88/$157 (including delivery - came in one massive box for such a small component) called 'Dabs Value 1gb SD'. Although I was pleasantly surprised - when it arrived it was a whopping 60x speed made by some company called PEAK. Ive been watching mpegs and playing mp3s none stop with not one single problem - recommended
    I just got my 1 GB card in the mail from newegg.com today. It's a Kingmax 60x, cost me about $99. I haven't had a chance to really put it to the test yet, but it's working fine and fits nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by AChick
    It's a Kingmax 60x, cost me about $99.
    That sounds like the deal of the century. Cheap as Chips.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast