Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Has anybody had to get warranty work done on a treo 600 purchased on ebay? I just bought one and am worried about whether I will have trouble getting service if needed.

Thanks.
    Hey Noahas, did you ever get your Ebay unit worked on? I'm in the same boat myself.
    Who's your service provider? You can buy Lockline insurance via Sprint etc that will cover the phone....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by briandhuff
    Cingular

Well then here:

https://www.lockline.com/tf/LLCORP?t...=LEARNWIRELESS

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks much GNM!
    Yes I just got a treo and had a bad buzz, someone off the boards told me to call palm one and tell them my issue, seems that have a lot of these issues so they sent out a replacement no charge!!

hope this helps!
    gfunk...

I thought LockLine wouldn't cover the T600. At least that's what Cingular told me.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075
    gfunk...

I thought LockLine wouldn't cover the T600. At least that's what Cingular told me.

Hmmm...I've never heard of that. I'ld call Lockline directly bypassing the Cingular reps if I were you to make sure. They certainly cover the Treo600 on Sprint adn I'm sure they have the same failure rate as other carriers...

Dennis G. Esler
    gfunk,

Thanks for your help.

I just talked to the LockLine rep. Sprint allows them to cover the Treo 600, Cingular does not. I guess it's time we all go beat on Cingular.
    Dennis G. Esler
    you can go with TMO and they allow to cover ANY PHONES when you use your TMO SIM card in it.
    I got mine on ebay and after a week the earphone speaker on the top for regular calls died, I got a replacement same day in the store.

PHILA
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Sorry, never got an email that my post had been responded to. Actually, I am supposed to get the phone today. The seller was a bit slow to say the least. I actually bought a new one and got it in 2 days about a week ago, so I will be reselling the one on eBay tomorrow.

I had heard the same about Cingular (my carrier) and Lockline not covering Treo's.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake8
    I got mine on ebay and after a week the earphone speaker on the top for regular calls died, I got a replacement same day in the store.

PHILA
    you got it from ebay and got a replacement from a PalmOne Retail store? that is nice. i am still in my 30-days trial, and I might consider to return it to PalmOne retail store if I find out any issues, and if they cannot replace it on the same day in store.