Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

Treobutler 1.46 is now up at palmgear. The LED reset bug is now fixed. Thanks to babybear for figuring out how to cause the problem so I could figure out what was up.
    Turns out all my wild theories were wrong - it was a stupid coding error.

As far as I know there are now no bugs except for the following
    a) the key on the keyguard isn't always 100% reliable

If you think there are bugs - please let me know so I can work on them. If you can figure out exactly how to cause them - that helps me a lot.

An update in 1.45 was to make it so that if you answered a call with the headset then the incoming call attentiong rabber wouldn't be triggered. I haven't been able to test this (no headset) - so would appreciate reports back.

Finally - the latest review on palmgear is as follows:

----------------
    (3 stars)
    The bottom line is as they say, it does not work without bugs. The alerts bleed through on calls (Incoming) and the ability to set times for inactive or no calls in does not work. Cheap, and a great idea but you get what you pay for as I see it.
    ----------------
    I don't think it's entirely fair - if you think the same - I'd appreciate it if you could add your voice to the reviews!

Thanks - and enjoy!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I have been using it for just a few days and love it.

I am not sure what the "no calls in" feature is. The other features all seem to work for me.

Is there anyway to upgrade without losing all of your settings?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    I am not sure what the "no calls in" feature is. The other features all seem to work for me.

Is there anyway to upgrade without losing all of your settings?
    re "no calls in" - I didn't think I was offering it either!

re preferences - you can just install over the top of the old version. If the preference format hasn't changed, you should keep your old preferences. In the past this has caused problems though - so I recommend delete and re-install if you're not confident in your backup.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 04/24/2004 at 02:52 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    added my.02 worth....
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    An update in 1.45 was to make it so that if you answered a call with the headset then the incoming call attentiong rabber wouldn't be triggered. I haven't been able to test this (no headset) - so would appreciate reports back.
    I answered the phone with the headset using 1.46 today and the attention grabber still went off. =( This would be a much desired feature. I hope you can get it to work!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevp913
    I answered the phone with the headset using 1.46 today and the attention grabber still went off. =( This would be a much desired feature. I hope you can get it to work!
    OK - I need some one to help me figure out what key number is sent when you press the answer key. can someone (who can do a backup if this goes wrong) do the following please?

1) install arrow launcher (see arrow launcher thread)
    2) activate the diagnostic page (first revealed here!) - tap 3 times on the arrow man (top left), tap once on the arrow launcher title, tap on the left then the right animals under the list. The diagnostics page will pop up
    3) using the stylus only from here on...
    4) tap on 'show external key presses'
    5) press the answer button on the headset
    6) write down the keynumber and modifier numbers shown - using the stylus to tap ok on the dialogues that pop up
    7) unselect 'show external key presses' (using stylus)
    send me the numbers!

what this does is intercept the event queue and show what keynumbers and modifiers are coming through the event queue.

Thanks in advance!
    Hobbyist Software
    I've got a GSM Treo. When I enable the external key presses and press the answer button on my headset nothing happens! I tried internal key presses too. Nothing. When I press a key on the keyboard I get an info box tho. I guess the answer button doesn't work the way you thought it did!
    I've been running into a bug (since version 1.45--the bug is still there in version 1.46). I turn off my Sprint CDMA Treo, wait 30 seconds for keyguard to turn on, then turn on my phone. The key is shown, and the unit turns off after a 5 second auto-off. I turn my phone back on, and the keyguard has been automatically disabled! Somehow the keyguard is getting disabled after the first auto-off period. I can reproduce this consistently, though this never happened pre-1.45.
    Hello.

I love TREOBUTLER. It makes me want to get nude and cover myself in marmalade. It's the first Palm application I ever downloaded and purchased. Woo!

However, there's only one thing which annoys slightly. I'd *love* it if I could change the LED to orange on reciept of an SMS. Currently I have it set so that the attention grabber turns the LED orange every minute for a maximum of 1000 times, but this seems to mess up other incoming alerts - i.e. it chops off most of my incoming SMS sound should another SMS come in, which is pretty annoying.

Is there a better way to turn the LED orange on reciept of an SMS? It's pretty much a necessity for me...

I love sausages.
    Love,
    Nude Koops xxx
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    OK - I need some one to help me figure out what key number is sent when you press the answer key. can someone (who can do a backup if this goes wrong) do the following please?

1) install arrow launcher (see arrow launcher thread)
    2) activate the diagnostic page (first revealed here!) - tap 3 times on the arrow man (top left), tap once on the arrow launcher title, tap on the left then the right animals under the list. The diagnostics page will pop up
    3) using the stylus only from here on...
    4) tap on 'show external key presses'
    5) press the answer button on the headset
    6) write down the keynumber and modifier numbers shown - using the stylus to tap ok on the dialogues that pop up
    7) unselect 'show external key presses' (using stylus)
    send me the numbers!

what this does is intercept the event queue and show what keynumbers and modifiers are coming through the event queue.

Thanks in advance!
    Ok. Just as the other guy said, no pop up dialogues occur for the answer button. I had a friend call me while having your external key presses option on. I was bombarded with popups and then the phone totally locked up (soft reset fixed it). I really hope you can get this feature to work. Let me know if I can be of assistance!
    If enhancement requests are being taken for new TreoButler features, I'll throw these two on the pile:

1. The scroll-mode volume buttons would be infinitely more effective (for me, anyway) if it would read "chorded" presses - ie., when both volume buttons are pressed simultaneously (more or less), then the Treo would read that as a center-button press.

2. When in scroll-mode, I'd like to be able to choose whether the up-down volume buttons mimic a 5-way "up-down" or "left-right".
  12.    #12  
    Though I don't promise to deliver !

Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    If enhancement requests are being taken for new TreoButler features, I'll throw these two on the pile:

1. The scroll-mode volume buttons would be infinitely more effective (for me, anyway) if it would read "chorded" presses - ie., when both volume buttons are pressed simultaneously (more or less), then the Treo would read that as a center-button press.

2. When in scroll-mode, I'd like to be able to choose whether the up-down volume buttons mimic a 5-way "up-down" or "left-right".
    I tried to use a double press in a very early version. the problem is that if you want the vol keys to feel responsive, they have to respond immediately - which means that you can't take time to see if the other key is pressed.

re 2 - are you saying you'd like the vol keys to issue left/right key commands? what would you use that for? (trying to figure how broadly useful it would be)

thanks for the suggestions!
    Hobbyist Software
    I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the update on my Treo. I'm still iving with version 1.1, and I guess I can download, delete and reinstall. But, I am guessing there is an easier way and someone here can help me. Its been a long day......thanks for the help!
  14.    #14  
    Download and install - It's the only way I can think of!
    Hobbyist Software
    Though I don't promise to deliver !

I tried to use a double press in a very early version. the problem is that if you want the vol keys to feel responsive, they have to respond immediately - which means that you can't take time to see if the other key is pressed.

re 2 - are you saying you'd like the vol keys to issue left/right key commands? what would you use that for? (trying to figure how broadly useful it would be)

thanks for the suggestions!
    I was thinking of using the volume buttons (with chording) as a replacement for a jog wheel - primarily in the launcher. However, when the volume buttons emulate "up/down", you only hit 1/3 of the apps as you scroll through the launcher screen. Emulation of "left/right" would hit them all.

Anyway, if chording the buttons is out, then the whole house of cards collapses - I don't gain anything by using the volume buttons to select the app, then hitting the center button.

thanks anyway - tdh
    I agree with Nude Koopa, I too would appreciate if the LED lights would alert me of a new SMS message or miss calls
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    I've been running into a bug (since version 1.45--the bug is still there in version 1.46). I turn off my Sprint CDMA Treo, wait 30 seconds for keyguard to turn on, then turn on my phone. The key is shown, and the unit turns off after a 5 second auto-off. I turn my phone back on, and the keyguard has been automatically disabled! Somehow the keyguard is getting disabled after the first auto-off period. I can reproduce this consistently, though this never happened pre-1.45.
    Bump!
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Yup - I see the problem
    as a workaround - you could set the keyguard to engage on power off. I'll aim to fix this in the next release.

Thanks for pointing it out so clearly
    Hobbyist Software
    I'll aim to fix this in the next release.

Thanks for pointing it out so clearly
    And thanks for the fast and dependable support you always give to your Treo Butler customers.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Anybody still notice a battery drain issue. It might be in my head, but I feel the battery goes faster with TB installed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast