Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It might be in my head too but I noticed less drain when I disabled everything under "Attention".
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    It might be in my head too but I noticed less drain when I disabled everything under "Attention".
    You've given me an idea of what it might be. It's going to be a bit of work - but I should have a version out that will test my hypothesis in a few days.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Can't wait for the update! I love the program!
    As the kids say...KEWL
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    With my informal testing, Treo Butler does add stress to the battery. Why is another question.
    this new function "Leave screen off (silences alerts)" is funky... SMS don't come in Haven't tried if it blocks calls too but if it did, that would be fun!
  7.    #27  
    Hi there - I've made some changes to the processing that's done on phone events - I think that might fix the battery drain issue. I haven't actually run it for a length of time to be sure though.

A couple of other fixes - the alternative keyguard is better still
    repeat delays can now be up to 15 mins

re:
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    this new function "Leave screen off (silences alerts)" is funky... SMS don't come in Haven't tried if it blocks calls too but if it did, that would be fun!
    It doesn't seem to stop them for me - can you let me know exactly what settings you have and what happens so i can track down the bug.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Hobbyist Software
    is 1.47 actually on the PalmGear site - I downloaded to go to the newer version, and the zip and PRC still show 1.46. maybe that's just a labeling thing...
    hmm - well, checking the 'about' for the version I just now downloaded (4:30 CST on Monday may 3rd) shows 1.46....
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    is 1.47 actually on the PalmGear site - I downloaded to go to the newer version, and the zip and PRC still show 1.46. maybe that's just a labeling thing...
    hmm - well, checking the 'about' for the version I just now downloaded (4:30 CST on Monday may 3rd) shows 1.46....
    I'm getting 1.47 down from the site. I'm guessing it takes a while for the new zip to propagate; 1.46 still shows on the left nav bar.

Let me know if you think the battery drain is fixed!
    Hobbyist Software
    The link in your singature downloads 1.46

Going directly to Palm Gear I got 1.47
    I got 1.46 from Palmgear even though the site says it is 1.47
    1.47 from Palm Gear.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=52726

I double checked it a second time. It's 1.47
    Now it says 1.46 when I download it.

Something whacky is going on.

If you want the 1.47 .prc I can e-mail it to you.
    Hmmm not for me... still 1.46 using your link. I'll try again in a few hours.
    Whacky is right!
    Finally got it. I had to re-enter my registration code.
    It seems as if you have to delete the file off your machine.
    Even if you tell it to overwrite the zip it keeps the old one... or did on mine anyway.

Never seen that before!

Jim
    OK here's another variant. I downloaded it using the link in the sig right after you posted and got 1.47. I installed and did NOT have to re-enter my code. Yes, the word wacky does come to mind.
    Here's the deal. The .zip link at the TOP of the Palmgear page still points to the 1.46 version. Scroll down and select the .zip link at the BOTTOM to get the 1.47 version!

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    OK here's another variant. I downloaded it using the link in the sig right after you posted and got 1.47. I installed and did NOT have to re-enter my code. Yes, the word wacky does come to mind.
    1.4.7 - Awesome product. Here is something that has been since 1.4.6 (and still is happening). Not sure if this is suppose to or not.

a) What I love... normally - with the normal keyguard, if the phone comes on while it is charging (overnight), it won't turn back off. So Snappermail, appts, or moving floating appts will auto-turn it on and it WON'T turn off ---

With the TreoButler keyguard - it does turn off - even plugged in. AWESOME.

b) What I am not sure is suppose to happen:

If I have the "normal" keyguard on... I press the Phone/Appt key. That app opens and it waits for me to turn off keyguard. If I press the mail key - it is ignored, until I turn off keyguard.

With the TreoButler Keyguard on... I press the Phone/Appt key. The app opens and it waits for me to turn off keyguard. HOWEVER, if I press another application key (e.g. Email), it will switch to email. The only reason this is a hassle is that Snappermail will "sync email" if you press the email button twice - and the TreoButler keyguard will let this happen even without "unlocking the keyguard".

This is NO big deal - I can turn off the double-press feature in Snappermail.

c) As long as I am at it <smiling> - I would love to use the default "icon.message" for the keyguard. Certain applications overdraw the little key - and make's it a little "hard" to see. So using the normal keyguard notification box - or being able to change the color of the key (and keep it foreground)...

GREAT product. Best util for my treo!
  20.    #40  
    Glad you like it - my reactions follow..

a) What I love... normally - with the normal keyguard, if the phone comes on while it is charging (overnight), it won't turn back off. So Snappermail, appts, or moving floating appts will auto-turn it on and it WON'T turn off ---

With the TreoButler keyguard - it does turn off - even plugged in. AWESOME.
    I didn't realise the normal keyguard did that - like you - I think my way makes more sense!

b) What I am not sure is suppose to happen:

If I have the "normal" keyguard on... I press the Phone/Appt key. That app opens and it waits for me to turn off keyguard. If I press the mail key - it is ignored, until I turn off keyguard.

With the TreoButler Keyguard on... I press the Phone/Appt key. The app opens and it waits for me to turn off keyguard. HOWEVER, if I press another application key (e.g. Email), it will switch to email. The only reason this is a hassle is that Snappermail will "sync email" if you press the email button twice - and the TreoButler keyguard will let this happen even without "unlocking the keyguard".

I let that in as I often want to use the hard keys quickly - e.g. hold down phone to get the time (I use clockpop), then check my calendar. I don't seem to get much accidental pressage.

This is NO big deal - I can turn off the double-press feature in Snappermail.

c) As long as I am at it <smiling> - I would love to use the default "icon.message" for the keyguard. Certain applications overdraw the little key - and make's it a little "hard" to see. So using the normal keyguard notification box - or being able to change the color of the key (and keep it foreground)...

This one's a toughie - trying to balance subtlety (I like that the bottom of the screen isn't obscured) and simplicity with viewability. I could easily make the key bigger - or coloured - but that might start obscuring information.

What do other people think?
    Hobbyist Software
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast