1.    #1  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ArcBody; 05/06/2004 at 11:24 AM.
    Needs headphone option. Pitch also seems too steep for normal viewing.
    Are you saying that this cradle already has input for a headphone/headset connection?

If you can adjust your pitch from the range of 30 deg all the way to 90 deg, I think you'll satisfy all possible angles because everybody has different tastes and lighting environments (you must know being in the camera industry). Personally, I like around 75-80 degrees myself because I have bright fluresent lights above me so I need to avoid the glare.
    Arcbody...could you please post how the stand is attached to the external battery? Tx for your reply...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Um, WOW interesting stuff. While your at it, could you make/modify a 2-in-1 headset so it winds up those annoying cords? PC-Mobile almost got it right... I went with a Seidio.

But back OT, the headphone jack alone makes this worth it for me. I think the ideal cradle would allow you to throw down a Treo with or without its external battery attached, and access to the headphone jack of course.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    let me get this straight, is this a Treo 600 external battery with a metal base attached into it?

if this is a third party cradle, i would like to pass my comments.

firstly, from an aesthetic point of view, the base can be refined or be more flexible. by refined i mean the base should have the same color and material of the cradle. i assume that the base is meant to go into a desk and/or into a car's cup holder. since cars have different location for their cup holders, having an base with an adjustable height and adjustable pitch would be very convenient. by flexible i mean that the base should be interchangable and could be used on a desk as well as in a vehicle. different types of bases would be ideal such that the cradle could be attached into a suction holder where the cradle can hang from the windshield or a cigarette holder mount.

secondly, if the aim of this product is to be used in a vehicle, there should be a provision of using this product without any need for wires and cables. having it's own internal speaker and mic to enhance the conversation would be really really convenient. if a private conversation is necessary, a headphone jack for a separate handsfree headset should also be available. the cigarette holder mount is also an ideal option so that the treo 600 can be recharged while on the move. i find this so convenient on my other phones coz i never had to recharge it at home.

other than those comments, it is a very promising concept you have there. i hope there is enough time and effort for innovations to this prototype. i also hope if ever it becomes a possibility, it would be available here in australia

i realize i used the word convenience a lot, as this is what i'm looking for in a product.