Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Link it, there, good buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Good augument Canada but you can get a metal case that gives the same protection with a cut out for caller Id for half the price.

Fred
    i would rather not have the cut out because when i hold the phone against my head, i don't want the screen to touch my face or be left open at any moment anyway. again it's a matter of preference - some want open face, some want it closed.

the closed metal case is my only case and i would never get another one. in one word - perfect.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    The one i was talking about is on e bay it is a full aluminum case and has a small cut through for caller id your face does not come in contact with the screen it is a closed metal case. I paid $15 plus shipping

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    The one i was talking about is on e bay it is a full aluminum case and has a small cut through for caller id your face does not come in contact with the screen it is a closed metal case. I paid $15 plus shipping

Fred
    at the time i bought the case, this case wasn't available. i have seen the one you are referring to and not all sellers sell it for that price. it is simply a dremel job of the original case i prefer full protection nonetheless.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Rossoneri... I share your respect for the protection this case offers. You've probably read about my trials and tribulations with the clip. What do you use as a clip, or do you just keep it in your pocket?
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    yes i did glance over your trials and tribulations with the clip - since i have no interest whatsoever with clips. i don't put things on my belt, and unless you're batman, neither should you i got the case, and promptly thre thew clip mechanism away. i just put it in my pocket.
    I just got the Rhinoskin version at CompUSA and am using it with Rivets. All-in-all, a great system. Have had little problems with it after supergluing the Rivets post onto the Rhinoskin case. The only complaint I have is the ease of scratching, marring, or denting the case. The finish is a nice matte, but is easily prone to scratching. Better to protect the contents I guess! But still a little disappointing after the first ding or scratch. Other than that, it's great if you want total protection for your Treo. I use CallFilter and custom WAV files to create Audio Caller ID. Works like a charm.
    See this thread for a real kick in the pants:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=58236

Best regards,

Tim ==
    Rivet did exactly as promised and sent a replacement clip. The channel in which the ball of the pin travels is now lined with a different material, shiny stainless steel or the equivalent. No more erosion. I am looking forward to the dedicated Innopocket threaded Rivet pin. If I can figure out how to get the JBWeld epoxy off.....
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Greetings T600 peeps. In my obsessive hunt for the perfect case I stumbled across this new development via TC store. Does anyone have experience and/or testimonial for this new case? Looks like a winner to me. A bit pricey but it appears to have the perfect blend of protection and utility.

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...&tc_ref=968939
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Greetings T600 peeps. In my obsessive hunt for the perfect case I stumbled across this new development via TC store. Does anyone have experience and/or testimonial for this new case? Looks like a winner to me. A bit pricey but it appears to have the perfect blend of protection and utility.

This does look very cool. It doesn't really say how hard/what material covers the screen. I went to the innopocket web site hoping to get more info.

It's not there. Looks like this might be a TreoCentral exclusive.

I'd love to hear from someone who's had it in their hands.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600

Why is the open case 5 USD more expensive than the close case???
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    More machining involved would be my guess. Cutting more metal takes make time and resluts in more wear of tooling instruments. The don't just charge for the metal, but the time and tools it takes to shape the metal.

Just my speculation
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    I would guess that the answer to your question is in their anticipated demand of this new product in addition to their increased costs of manufacturing. They must have research that says Treo users want the keyboard exposed. And a protected yet viewable and usable screen without removing the Treo from the case. I am interested but so far leather form-fitting cases work for me whereas I need to feel the phone ring more often then not.

Anyone test this new case yet?
    I asked PacRim (now listed as the manuf in the TC store??) the following questions:
    Question about

TREO 600 Hard case
    [TR6-E-RNKB]

What is used to cover the touchscreen? Is the touchscreen usable or is it a
    hard covering?

And got this for the response:
    Neil,
    It is not. It made of hard plastic, but the door you can flip open easily.

Peter

Pacific Rim Technologies
    32545-B #284 Golden Lantern
    Dana Point, CA 92629

This should answer some of your questions and may have tipped me to decide to buy it! I value protection more and I don't use the touchscreen much, but do use the keyboard often.

Lots more engineering/tooling goes into this, so I understand the price difference.
    Is PacRim Technologies formerly Innopocket? TC store initially had this item listed as an Innopocket item. But the link now lists it as a Pacific Rim model. Perhaps we should move this sub-thread to its own Pacific Rim thread. Anyone know how to do this (TC staff?)?

Anyhoo, found more pictures and info on this case.
    http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/ca...6ccea2ff5a8a3c
    i like the fact that there is protection for the screen. this should have been the case in the original innopocket. the big need for the protection is so that the screen is protected from sweat/oils from your face as you press it against your head when making calls. in another post on this forum, a guy water-damaged his treo by talking into it on a hot day.
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    This does look very cool. It doesn't really say how hard/what material covers the screen. I went to the innopocket web site hoping to get more info.

It's not there. Looks like this might be a TreoCentral exclusive.

I'd love to hear from someone who's had it in their hands.
    I had my Treo in the dumpy leather case that it came with for several weeks after I bought it, and was waiting for the new PacRim case to come out. I got it last week.

It's awesome. I can't imagine using any other case. The screen is protected by plastic, but you can open the window to use it if you need to. Best of all, I can stick some tissue paper in the stupid blinking 'wireless mode on' LED hole, so it doesn't distract me when reading ebooks.

Take care,
    -Gav
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gavriels
    I had my Treo in the dumpy leather case that it came with for several weeks after I bought it, and was waiting for the new PacRim case to come out. I got it last week.

It's awesome. I can't imagine using any other case. The screen is protected by plastic, but you can open the window to use it if you need to. Best of all, I can stick some tissue paper in the stupid blinking 'wireless mode on' LED hole, so it doesn't distract me when reading ebooks.

Take care,
    -Gav
    Thanks!

I just may have to buy this puppy.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Ok,

Since I saw the post on this, I have been trying to get more information on this new case. However, I am not a faith buyer...I am an engineer and love paralysis by analysis in regards to how I try to research every purchase. So does anyone have experience with this case or can you site some reviews on other web sites?

Thus far I found the review here and one additional one on the Pac Rim web site... that seem promising (I would hope that Pac Rim only shows the good ones ;-). But I am looking for more. Anyone else find reviews on this product elsewhere that you can share.

Thanks

Skigs
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast