1.    #1  
    I have a USB-->600 cord for charging and syncing.

Even though I have my email on my treo, there are times I want to use my laptop and being able to use the Treo as a modem/internet hook would be great.

Can someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Mike, most Cell carriers (SprintPCS included) don't like us using the treo as an internet connection for a laptop, and many people have experienced some very high data rates for doing so. There is a package called pdaNET that can do this. You can look the product over at handango.com.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...tSearch=pdaNET

Brian
    I highly recommend PdaNet. As a matter of fact I'm using it now with my ThinkPad. This is the second time I've used it fairly extensively while traveling, and I can't praise it enough.
    or you can use wireless modem if your a mac user.
    I used to use PDA Net and it works great, wireless modem works just as great.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys, downloaded PDANet, works great.
    what about for MAC
    you can use wireless modem if your a mac user.
    I used to use PDA Net and it works great, wireless modem works just as great.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    No one knows what the cross-over point is, but numerous forums here, at pdaphonehome, pdauser, etc. document folks being heavily billed and/or dropped from Vision for excessive use of the modem. Who knows what excessive is (heavy email vs. Kazaa idiots), but it does happen. Even web browsing can rack up big downloads of viewed pages, much less file transfers. For business purposes, I use Snappermail and Docs to Go, then transfer the files from the SD card to my notebook. True, a kludge, but no violation of the Term of Service agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    No one knows what the cross-over point is, but numerous forums here, at pdaphonehome, pdauser, etc. document folks being heavily billed and/or dropped from Vision for excessive use of the modem. Who knows what excessive is (heavy email vs. Kazaa idiots), but it does happen. Even web browsing can rack up big downloads of viewed pages, much less file transfers. For business purposes, I use Snappermail and Docs to Go, then transfer the files from the SD card to my notebook. True, a kludge, but no violation of the Term of Service agreement.
    I highly doubt that this is true. There is no way for your carrier to tell whether you are browsing from your smartphone or connected to a laptop. Your still making the same type of connection. The only way the carrier would "drop" you is if you don't have an unlimited plan.

V
  10. jgk
    I love it! Just downloaded PDA Net and it works beautifully via Orange in the Uk with no configuration! If only all utilities worked as well, first time!
    You will get booted from Vision. Its not what kind of connection its how much data. If you like some less reputable users sit on Kazaa all day on PDAnet you will transfer more data than anyone will ever believe you did using Blazer or even SnapperMail.

Realistically, a couple of reports downloaded on SnapperMail are not going to be much over 100K. But if you are downloading MP3s off Kaaza you will quickly cross the 20M mark. I think it is safe to say that few people are downloading 20M on their smartphones alone.

Bye the by this is probably why the Pocket PC phones cost more. I think you can downloading MP3s to your pocket pc.
    If you regularly surf the web and retrieve all of your e-mail using your Treo (I use SnapperMail and Sprin's Business Connection), you can easily pass 20 MB. I use PDAnet only when traveling. In months where I do not travel, I use more than 50 MB of data on average, and sometimes 100 MB or more. Using PDAnet when traveling, I have typically used about 100 MB per week, though never more than about 250 MB in a month. So far no issues. I hope it stays that way. BTW, I do not stream music or do any other multimedia on my Treo. The data traffic is solely http and email + attachments.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    PDAnet is great. I highly recommend it. BTW. I'm happy the board is back online. For some reason my old logon information didn't exist, even though I join the board back in January. It kind of sucks I had to re-register.