Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Due to the Message Board server crashing, I started a new post on this.
    Click here for link to Treo Shortcuts from ShSh.com (TAKEphONE)
    Click here for link to Treo SHortcuts from PalmGear

This is the app that Shimon (Maker of TAKEphONE) made so you can scroll thru any or all of the phone functions (Favourites,Contacts,dialer ECT) with each press of the "phone" hardkey (like the Treo300 use to do). As well as beam you business card (or other selected function) when you hold the key down.

There are also icons for Contacts,Favourites and the like,the able to disconnect from Vision (via Network Prefs) or Turn off the Treo and lock it with a simple press and hold, as well as a Blazer loop too.
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 05/03/2004 at 09:10 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I am thinking of requesting for a "timeout" function for 2Phone and 2Web for Shimon to consider.

As it is now, if you press the "phone" key (mine is set for Main dialer, then TAKEphONE) the main dialer screen pulls up, if I press down on the 5-way to access "pictures" it goes right to it, and when I press the "phone" key again, it goes right to the first choice of the loop (back to the main dialer).

However, if initialy press the "phone" key and the main dialer screen pops up, and go to "Contacts" with the 5-way and then press the phone key again, it doesn't go to the first choice like I would like it to, it goes to choice two, TAKEphONE.If there was a "time out" function, then it would work like I want it too (and like it does if you select "pitcures"). If it were a user selected delay (5sec-1min) then I could press the phone key for the main dialer, then the 5-way for contacts, then the timeout would do it's thing and when I pressed the "phone" key again, it would go to the main dialer (my first choice) and not TAKEphONE (my second choice).Some people would like this and some would not I assume, so have a choice for timedelay off/on.

ANyone else have any input on this?
    Thanks, Matt
    Hi all,

Just posted a new version at www.shsh.com/products (1.22) - added the option to "Power off" (without lock) by press & hold on the 4th button.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Shimon,

Could you include "power off" amongst the list of functions available to the first press? I've very much gotten accustomed to hitting that button once to power off the screen. And I'm sure there are some others that feel the same way too.

Cheers!
    Hi,

Dont mean to be rude, but -

If you turn the device off on first press, then why use 2Web at all ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    I'm assuming the press & hold will still work even with "power off" set to first press. I'd rather assign this to a more meaningful purpose (off & lock, blazer, etc.) rather than to activate keyguard.
  7.    #7  
    Rudy, So you want one press of Button #4 for off, and press and hold of Button #4 would turn it off and lock it?

Shimon, Thanks for the update info, I'll send you an email about the timeout and an idea for the TAKEphONE OS-5 extensions (Highlight and dial).

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    I'm assuming the press & hold will still work even with "power off" set to first press. I'd rather assign this to a more meaningful purpose (off & lock, blazer, etc.) rather than to activate keyguard.
    OK - I will try it...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Rudy, So you want one press of Button #4 for off, and press and hold of Button #4 would turn it off and lock it?

Shimon, Thanks for the update info, I'll send you an email about the timeout and an idea for the TAKEphONE OS-5 extensions (Highlight and dial).

Matt
    Waiting anxiously...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Shimon,

Could you include "power off" amongst the list of functions available to the first press? I've very much gotten accustomed to hitting that button once to power off the screen. And I'm sure there are some others that feel the same way too.

Cheers!
    Done.

Version 1.23 at www.shsh.com/products
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hai Shimon,

A while back I asked for Camera support in 2Web .. will you please consider adding that? (4th button)

- jp
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    I will.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi

Matt
    Hi there Matt & Shimon,

Thanks for listening & implementing my suggestions.
    I downloaded and installed the latest version 1.23 but it doesn't quite work.
    These are my settings:

Short 1: Power Off
    Short 2~5: None
    Long Press: Lock & Off

With the above setting, a single press of the 4th button should turn the treo off - but it doesn't. Instead, it sort of "refreshes" the screen - all goes white for a second or two and then the previous screen is displayed onscreen again. Now, if i were to repeatedly press the same button rapidly, only then does it perform the assigned function; turns the screen off.

Thanks again guys!
  14.    #14  
    Rudy, Does the Off and Lock (hold) work? The thanks goes to Shimon, I (was) am just the middle person. Thanks for what I consider a complemnt. Matt

Shimon, I dropped the ball, I'll get that email out, Matt
  15.    #15  
    Rudy, If you enable 2Phone first, then 2web, is it any better? I just used 2web (with 2Phone off) and it worked like a champ (one press for "off" and hold for "off and lock"), however, once 2Phone was enabled, it was not working as it should. Once I disabled both, then enabled 2Phone, followed by 2web, then it worked better. Try playing aroud with that. I sent Shimon an email already too. Matt
    Hi all,

Please try the attached build:

- Power off.
    - Launch external app (camera ?)
    - Timeout.
    - Handle capture to TAKEphONE.

Thanks !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shimon Shnitzer
  17.    #17  
    Here is the 411..

With the new version of TkPhOS5HK (V2.03), when I capture (highlight it) a number or name in any app, and press the "phone" hardkey, it pulls up the "TAKEphONE capture" untility. It works if I have TAKEphONE set to the hardkey, and even if 2Phone is set to the HardKey. NICE ADDITION!!

With Treo SHortcuts V1.25, if I have 2Web set to one press is "power off" and have press and hold set to "Off and Lock", here is what I found.
    The "Off and Lock" function works anytime I use it, in any situation that I have tried so far. However, the press once for "off" works better then before, but stil has some minor glitches.
    If I hit the power button to wake up the Treo, and then press the #4 hardkey once, the unit will power oiff. This also works if I an in the memo app, via the #3 hardkey. But if I am in the 2phone app (via #1 hardkey), or in "calendar" (via hardkey#2), it will not always turn off the Treo. Like Rudy said, if you hit it a couple times, it finaly takes. I have found that if I hold the #4 button down for a second (just intill I see your splash screen), then release the button, that it works 100% in the situations I have tested. Perhaps it's a timing thing? Almost like it doesn't see the prompt if you hit the key to quickly?

On to the "Time Out" feature.... It works, and it's more usefull then I thought it would be, thanks for doing it! There is a strange bug, I assume that the timeout never applies to the first key press? In other words, if I press the #1 key and the Main Dialer (that's what press one is set to on mine) pops up, and press it again, it goes to choice #2 (I have it set to TAKEphONE), however, if I press the #1 button intialy, the Main Dialer pulls up, and if I wait untill after the Time Out delay and then press the hardkey again, it goes to the second choice (TAKEphONE), it doesn't timeout like I thought it would, but then after thinking about it, if you in the first press choice and hit the button again, reguardless if the timeout is on or off, you most lilkley want to go to the sencond choice, or else you would have not hit the button, becasue your already in the first choice.

The problem lies with the Mail Dialer screen and the 5-way. If I have choice #1 set to Mail Dialer, choice #2 set to contacts, choice #3 set to Call History and choice #4 set to favorites,then I can scroll thru all four and if I stop on Choice #2 or #3 for longer then the Timeout setting, then it does go to the fist choice. However, if I go to Contacts via the 5-way from the Mail phone app, then it will not timeout. It's almost like "contacts" via the main dialer runs in the Main Phione app, and not on it's own so it still thinks your still in the first choice, so it never tries to time out, eventhough I am in a differnet app (or so I thought) via Main Dialer.

I would like to be able to keep the OE dialer as my first choice and if I hit the 5-way from that screen, to one of the choices that it can do in the "phone" app from the 5-way, that it will timeout and return to Main Dialer when I press the #1 hardkey again. Now eremember, this does work if I goto "pictures" from the 5-way, it"s just Contacts, Favorites, or call log that don't timeout, and prehaps since there are no icons fo those three, that it does indeed run inside of the OE phone app, and that is way the Timeout doesn't work/.

I am very tired and fixing to hit the hay,I hope this makes sense, I am too tired to think ..LOL

Thanks for your time! Matt
  18.    #18  
    opps. Typo and it's too large of a post to fit into the Treo's text buffer to edit. So here it is
    The problem lies with the Mail Dialer screen and the 5-way. If I have choice #1 set to Mail Dialer, choice #2 set to contacts, choice #3 set to Call History and choice #4 set to favorites,then I can scroll thru all four and if I stop on Choice #2 or #3 for longer then the...
    I mean MAIN DIALER not Mail Dialer...hey "mail dialer", that could be a new application...LOL
    told you I was sleepy.. Thanks Shimon! Matt
  19.    #19  
    since it seems that the contacts and such run all run in the Main Dialer, then if there is not a simple solution, perhaps add a choice for "add intial button press to timeout" ?
    The only problem with this that I can see id that if someone has the time out set for 1, a
  20.    #20  
    So it seems that the "phone" commands that are set to run off the 5-way in the OE Mail Dialer screen do run in the Phone app and that is why I can't timeout and return to the first choice of 2Phone after going to one of these choices from the 5-way in the Mail Dialer screen.

So I have a workaround that I think works rather well.

the settings were set like this in the main dialer screen to be launched from the 5-way (setup via menu-options-display preference(inthe OE main dialer screen))
    UP - Call Log
    RIGHT - Favorites
    DOWN - Pitures
    LEFT - Contacts

I then changed them to these
    UP - 2Call-Log
    RIGHT - 2Favourites
    DOWN - pictures
    LEFT - 2Contacts

NOW IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!
    WHen ever I go to any of these choices from the 5-way, 2Phone will start with the first choice when I hit the hardkey.

Then being cursed with being "anal retentive"
    I used FileZ to change the names, so they would match what they use to say next to the 5-way arrows. but I also wanted to make them different, so I could tell which ones were Shimons and which ones were the OE ones that run in the Phone App.
    "2call-Log" is now " Call Log" (there is a space in front of the "C")
    "2favourites" is now "Favourites"
    "2Contacts" is now " Contacts" (there is a space in front of the "C")

Now the OE Main Dialer screen looks just like the way it was, and works 200% better.

Funny thing, these return to the first choice of 2phone even with the Timeout set to none, I assume due to the same reason that the "pictures" choice always did, it's a different application.

However, the Timeout feature is still a plus IMHO, I like the way it works with 2Web and also with 2Phone too.

So between Shimon adding the Timeout feature and with me using the Treo Shortcuts in place of the OE ones, I am tickled pink.

With the new use of TkPhOS5HK in 2Phone, long with the new Timeout feature and my workaround, I am in the zone now..One happy camper!

Thanks for the help and planting the seed in my head Shimon.

Hope this is helpful to some others too.

Reguards, Matt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast