Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Heya Shimon,
    I am really impressed with your speed on the updates and even thought Treo Shortcuts is not as popular as TAKEphONE, you still treat us like we are of the same caliber.

Long story short, to say thanks, I just bought 2 more copies of TreoShortcuts.

Best reguards, Matt
    Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Hi there Shimon & Bukhardi,

As usual here I am with my slew of requests and reports

Report:
    1. Still can't get the screen button to work. Tried playing arond with the activation sequence but to no avail.

Requests:
    1. How hard is it to add a hold timeout to the press & hold feature (so that you can perform the pre-defined action without having to let the hardkey go)? Just wondering, because I hope to see this in TreoShortcuts eventually.

2. How about extending the button-extending features to the other 2 appkeys? Since the technology is already there, it'd be good for users to have this option. Which leads us to...

3. Instead of having various components (& icons), how about consolidating the various components of TreoShorcuts into one single app? That way you can market TreoShortcuts as a QLaunch-like app built ground-up for the Treo 600, and the only one with features that are T600-specific; ie. QLaunch can also launch camera but it can't take you to Call Log.

That's all guys!
    Keep up the great work

Cheers!
    --Rudy
    Just downloaded this app, it is outstanding, i don't know how i used my Treo without it!
    Report:
    1. Still can't get the screen button to work. Tried playing arond with the activation sequence but to no avail.

>> You mean the "Power off" thing ? I will have to get my hands on a
    >> real device...

Requests:
    1. How hard is it to add a hold timeout to the press & hold feature (so that you can perform the pre-defined action without having to let the hardkey go)? Just wondering, because I hope to see this in TreoShortcuts eventually.

>> Do not understand what you mean...

2. How about extending the button-extending features to the other 2 appkeys? Since the technology is already there, it'd be good for users to have this option. Which leads us to...

3. Instead of having various components (& icons), how about consolidating the various components of TreoShorcuts into one single app? That way you can market TreoShortcuts as a QLaunch-like app built ground-up for the Treo 600, and the only one with features that are T600-specific; ie. QLaunch can also launch camera but it can't take you to Call Log.

>> Im afraid this is really hard to do, due to the way those utilities work.
    >> And this is why I see no point in implementing this for the other buttons...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi Shimon,

Just to clarify things further:

1. Hold timeout - currently you have to press, hold and when the screen says release (or you hear the tone), you have to release the button to launch the specified action (eg. beam business card). With hold timeout, i'm hoping that you can simply press & hold, and keep on holding, and the specified action will take place even if you are still keeping the button held down. This will be handy in a noisy environment where you cannot hear the tone generated by TS, and for times when you can't keep your eye on the screen, or both.

2. I actually felt that it'd be useful if the other 2 app buttons (calendar & messaging) could be used for launching other actions/apps as well. For example, it'd be nice if i could hit messaging once for sms, and again to cycle to email. Ditto goes for calendar -> memopad. I just felt that since the technology is already there (with 2phone & 2web), that you might want to consider extending it to the other two. Perhaps 2calendar & 2messaging?

3. Understood. No worries.

Hope this clarifies things.

Cheers!
    --Rudy
    Hi,

I will try to implement this 'timeout' thing.
    Not sure about the other two, though...
    Shimon Shnitzer
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Just downloaded this app, it is outstanding, i don't know how i used my Treo without it!
    Ditto!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Hi there Shimon & Bukhardi,

As usual here I am with my slew of requests and reports

Report:

Requests:

That's all guys!
    Keep up the great work

Cheers!
    --Rudy
    Heya Rudy.. Hope all is well!
    Here is my take as a user
    1. I like the idea, you can just hold it and not worry about timming.

2. Many people seem to ask for something like this, but TreoShortcuts (from my understanding) was never ment to be a "launcher" or compeat in that area.It kind of grew on it's own from making the Phone hardbutton act like the Treo300 (loop thru phone type apps) and to give an ICON for Contacts that didn't have a splash screen that you had to OK first, or that was not a huge file size, that you could tap on from the OE application launcher. ALso another reason was to give back the old "Hold for Bussiness Card Beam" that the older Palms and Visors had, I really like this feature for sending my card, I do it quite a bit and do not like to do all the 'open this', and 'open that' and 'select this', I rahter just push abutton and let it fly.

3. If all the components of TreoShortcuts were consolidated into one, then it would loose the original feature of having a "contacts" or "Favourites" icon to select in the OE Launcher.

Baicaly, to me, TreoSHortcuts was made to streamline the Treo's features and give back stuff that the older Treo had and was missing on the 600.

I use Qlaunch for buttons #2 and #3
    Button #1 (2Phone) OE dilaer, TAKEphONE find screen and hold for beam card
    Button #2 (QLuanch) Palmary Clock,City Time, Toggle beam
    Button#3 (Qlaunch) Doc to Go, Kar Kare, FileZ
    Button #4 (2Web) Blazer,bookmarks,netprefs (for disconnect) and hold for Off and Lock

Also with Qlaunch, I get protection for the hardbuttons if they are held while off, it will ignor the press.

Let me know if I can expand on this any, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

I will try to implement this 'timeout' thing.
    Not sure about the other two, though...
    Sorry - but due to the way this app/s work, I can not implement the "timeout" thing...
    Shimon Shnitzer
  11.    #31  
    Shimon, THanks for trying!

Rudy, I founs a neat interaction with Qlaunch and Treo SHortcuts, I'll post about it later, I have to go to Home Depot and pick up some building supplies and such. OM me if I forget to post it, and I'll do it.
    Thanks,Matt
    Yeah Shimon, thanks for trying mate.

And thanks to Matt also for plugging QLaunch. I've just installed it and am pleased how well they both work together.

Thanks to both guys!
  13.    #33  
    Ok, Here is the 411
    I had Qlaunch and only had it assigned to hardbuttons #2&3 for obvoius reasons.
    Then I tried to assign it to hardbutton#1 too, this way, I could get the three QLaunch features for that button, as well as the 2Phone beam (once QLaunch timed out (newest version)).
    However, this was combersome and I later turned QLaunch off on the #1 hardware buttton (had to hold the botton way longer then if I were to just hit menu and select the beam busines card..LOL)

I then found the "Ignor" feature in QLaunch and told it to not run in the "Phone" app and now I am able to turn QLaunch back on, have the extra three features from Button#1 and when I hit it from any app OTHER then being in the Phone app. However, when in the Phone app, if I hit the hardbutton#1, all I get it the hold (beam) feature of 2Phone.
    VERY VERY NICE IMHO!!
    I like the setup.
    So know I have QLauch set to all four of my hardbuttons, and I have QLauch set to ignor Phone and Web, so when I am in those apps, QLauch is not working and I can use the wonderfull features of 2Phone and 2Web as well.

LEt me know if I need to expand on any of this, I may have been confusing in my trying to word it?

Matt
    Instructions were crystal clear mate!
    Great set-up. Don't mind if i "steal" an idea or two here...

Cheers Matt!
    --Rudy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12