Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me what the most recent version of Profiler is?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    The latest version of Profiler is 0.13b, you can download a free copy from:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=113154

Barring any new crash bugs that come up, my top priority is implementing scheduling, which I'm actively working on.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Palm OSŪ Certified Developer
    Does anyone know if Profiler works with TreoButler?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    Does anyone know if Profiler works with TreoButler?
    I run Treo Butler (but don't use all of its features). I have not encountered any problems.....other than perhaps the fact that I need to be in the phone app in order for the Option/Volume key to bring up the Profiler switching menu. I don't know if that is Treo Butler related or not...but that is the only "problem" I'm experiencing running both apps.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jishaq
    The latest version of Profiler is 0.13b, you can download a free copy from:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=113154

Barring any new crash bugs that come up, my top priority is implementing scheduling, which I'm actively working on.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Is it possible to have the wallpaper change with different profiles? I have a home and a work profile. I would like my phone wallpaper to change to my company's logo when I choose the work profile. Is this possibe to create?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    I would like my phone wallpaper to change to my company's logo when I choose the work profile. Is this possibe to create?
    That's a great idea! I'll put it on my todo list. I know you guys are tired of hearing this by now, but I am still working on getting scheduling into Profiler before I tackle any other features at this point. It is proving to be a challange, but I hope to have a new beta version out pretty soon with the first pass at schedulable profiles in it.

-Jeff Ishaq
    By all means, we're not at all tired of hearing it by now!
    I'm sure we're all willing to wait patiently for such a great feature, and since profiler is the only program that I know of that's even working on implementing scheduling so far, you're in great shape. Keep up the good work and we look forward to the next release!

I assume our original thread got lost in the crash. Shame since there were lots of great ideas from users for features I never would have thought of! I don't use wallpaper, but that was definately a good idea. And I know it had been mentioned before, but the option to have the treo stay on in the cradle would be cool. Lastly an option for the keyboard backlight to stay on would be great as well, currently if you set up a profile with the opt + P it will work as expected when you first turn it on, but after the device shuts off it does not keep the keyboard backlight setting.
    How about another feature idea.
    I would love for it to auto change profiles perhaps by recognizing if it's plugged into the carkit or cradle.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    What's the difference between:

Profiler- mentioned here

Profiles- Milan Votava

and

Profeo 600- (http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/treosoftware.htm)?

Can anyone compare these profiling apps?
    The only thing I really would like is 5Way support. Any plans for this?

Thanks

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    What's the difference between:

Profiler- mentioned here

Profiles- Milan Votava

and

Profeo 600- (http://www.freewebs.com/nachon/treosoftware.htm)?

Can anyone compare these profiling apps?
    I'll do my best to describe what I know of each of them. I've only used the first two however, and really the best way to decide which one you like is to try them all yourself first.

Profiler: Currently still in development so hard to compare its features to other programs just yet. Of note is the fact that it will have scheduling capabilities, so you can change profiles manually on the fly, or have them set to change automatically by time of day or possibly other factors. Right now it takes a snapshot of your current settings and you can switch between profiles by tapping on a different one in the list, or hitting option + volume key. Many features are planned and the developer is very responsive as you can see by this thread.

Profiles: Currently very similar to Profiler. It has a few more options such as on-in-cradle and mute. Instead of taking a snapshot of your current settings, you change the settings from profiles itself (it's placed in your preferences menu). Not sure about plans for future features on this one... last update I recall was back in February. See this thread for more info.

Profeo: Never heard of this one until you mentioned it. Judging by the website, it's totally different from the other two. It's not really a profile program at all. First off, it has radio on/off scheduling, much like the Treo Helper, TreoTools, or Radio Control programs do. The other feature of it is light controls. However, it sounds like the lighting is either a predefined day or night setting. It doesn't set any profile options beyond that (the other two programs allow ALL preferences to be in a profile, such as colors, ringtones, volume, vibration, call forwarding, brightness/contrast etc.).

Anyone else care to add anything on any of these? My experience is limited and I may have missed something someone else finds of great importance.
    Last edited by jennyfur; 04/28/2004 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshFink
    The only thing I really would like is 5Way support. Any plans for this?

Thanks

Josh
    Profiler already has 5 way support. Do you have the latest version?
    Ahh... You're right.. Evidently I have to select the main outer box and press the 5 way center and then select the profile I want and press the center.. Ok.. My bad.. Should have figured it out.

Thanks for the help

Josh
    First off, I would like to say that Profiler is one great utility, and it will be awesome once jishaq implements the "scheduling" feature. It'll make it so much easier to have it auto switch profiles for you instead of always having to manually switch it during certain times of the day.

Anyways, I haven't had a chance to keep up with the original lengthy Profiler thread (before the T|C crash), so I was wondering if anyone had already suggested (or if jishaq is already working on it) about implementing a "profile timer." That way, if I'm at a meeting or I'm at the movie theaters, I can activate my "mute profile" and set it to be active for a specified duration (eg. 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, etc.). Then after timer expires, it goes back to your scheduled profile.

I believe this was mentioned before, but I can't remember what the response was. Can someone please confirm this?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Hey, thanks for the kind words. I'm working full-time on Profiler again, and I've indeed designed these 'timed' profiles into the version I'm working on this moment.

The only thing is, when a timed profile expires, it doesn't necessarily go back to the profile that was active before the timed profile began; rather, when the timed profile expires, Profiler will check and see which is the appropriate profile to be in according to the current time.

So if you're in a 30-minute timed profile and during this 30 minute session, you switch your Profiler rules around, Profiler will Do The Right Thing when the 30 minutes lapses.

But that's just a nitpick.

The more I use my Treo 600, the more I keep telling myself, "Oh Damn, this would be an ideal case for me to use scheduled Profiles!... Jeff you've got to finish this next version!"

And so I'm cranking away on it... rules are tricky, but not intractably so.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    I assume our original thread got lost in the crash. Shame since there were lots of great ideas from users for features I never would have thought of!
    Actually, I printed out the whole thread a few days before it crashed as luck would have it. I distilled all feature requests from this printout, prioritized them, and designed rules based on this input. So you all should get what you want, but maybe not all in the next build.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey what about the wallpaper switching? Where does it stand on your list?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    I would love for it to auto change profiles perhaps by recognizing if it's plugged into the carkit or cradle.
    Well, 'Only While On Cradle / charging' is a criterion that can be used in defining a rule for the next build of Profiler. I think this would apply here. Not sure if it's possible for the device to differentiate between being plugged into the charger, and being hooked into the carkit. I'll look in to this.

I think a lot of people will use this 'Only While On Cradle / Charging' in combination with call-forwarding. For example, if my Treo 600 is on a cradle, then I want it to apply the profile that has call-forward to my landline. Or to go a step further, if my Treo 600 is on a cradle and it's between 9 AM and 5 PM M-F, I want it to apply the profile that has call-forward to my work landline.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Palm OS(R) Certified Developer
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Wallpaper switching is a really cool idea. I've done a lot of Palm development in my time, and I've found that people for some reason really love to see splash screens / background / wallpaper on these devices. Once I finish up with the Profiler rules, I'm going to clean up call forwarding, display settings, and add wallpaper support.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Palm OS(R) Certified Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by jishaq
    Hey, thanks for the kind words. I'm working full-time on Profiler again, and I've indeed designed these 'timed' profiles into the version I'm working on this moment.
    Awesome! Thanks, Jeff!! Can't wait to try it out.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast