Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jishaq,

how does profiler work with an app that controls brightness and backlight, such as profeo lite.

if i set a new profiler profile and the another app sets the backlight, then i switch to another profiler profile, will the app that sets the backlight take precedent when it's time for itself to switch backlighting profiles? (maybe a little confusing with the wording)

basically i have profeo light, it controls the brightness, contrast, and radio at specific times. i have 3 profiles day, evening, night. they change at 6am, 6pm and 8pm. if i have a profiler profile that change's all my settings at 7am so that all sounds are unmuted will it change my brightness and contrast?

the reason that i ask is that i would like profiler to control everything except the brightness, contrast, backlighting, and radio.

p.s. keep up the good work, i'm loving the scheduling feature.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Quote Originally Posted by franknitty69
    jishaq,

how does profiler work with an app that controls brightness and backlight, such as profeo lite.

if i set a new profiler profile and the another app sets the backlight, then i switch to another profiler profile, will the app that sets the backlight take precedent when it's time for itself to switch backlighting profiles? (maybe a little confusing with the wording)

basically i have profeo light, it controls the brightness, contrast, and radio at specific times. i have 3 profiles day, evening, night. they change at 6am, 6pm and 8pm. if i have a profiler profile that change's all my settings at 7am so that all sounds are unmuted will it change my brightness and contrast?

the reason that i ask is that i would like profiler to control everything except the brightness, contrast, backlighting, and radio.

p.s. keep up the good work, i'm loving the scheduling feature.
    franknitty69, I have not tested explicitly Profeo with Profiler, but I think that Profeo's light control (contrast, brightness, keyboard backlight) will take precedence over Profiler, if not immediately, then at least after the handheld turns off and on again. Profeo enforces its setting every time when the display goes on, so unless Profiler does exactly the same, then Profeo will have precedence. This is something that Jeff has to confirm, cause I don't realy have time to test the interactions.

The radio control is independent from this, so Profeo should follow its schedule without any problems.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    Actually, profiler has not been doing the "timed" thing very well. I've been getting soft resets because of it. However, I do appreciate being able to switch to different profiles that I've set-up, and that, more than anything, is what I miss. I am glad to know that Jishaq is still around though, and hoping that even if the scheduling function never materializes, we'll still have the basic functionality... without the reg screen. Thanks!
    Great product jishaq
    I have 2 suggestions to add to this wonderful program:
    1. Set main profile and have the option Auto enable after reset, this way we will be able to set everything we would like on the preferences and make sure it will be the same settings after a soft reset
    2. Add to the snapshot beside the normal sound prefs, also the Call Volume, after a soft reset when I make the first call, I always use the Volume key to increase the volume. Otherwise I can't hear the other person on the line so good.

PS
    I will be happy to be a beta tester just PM and I will send you my email

Thanks

Gil
    any updates on profiler in the mix?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Is this program still being supported? I don't want to spend too much time with a shareware app if it's no longer supported.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I'm glad to see so many people are interested in the Profiler beta that's been out for a good while now.

I have been too busy with other projects to spend time on it, but so many people are still emailing me about it that I am seriously considering scheduling some weekends to review existing bugs, clean up the scheduling feature, test it on multiple devices, and bring it to release quality. Hang in there.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Palm OS(R) Certified Developer
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123