1.    #1  
    I mean its just noticeable enough to bug me, is that right? No more than one or two mm, but I thought it would be at least flush up against the phone?

No big deal, just want to make sure.
    Yup,that's normal. Do some searches, and you'll several thread devoted to cutting, sanding or filing down the top of the card to make it flush.

Me, I just live with it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by dcmidnight
    I mean its just noticeable enough to bug me, is that right? No more than one or two mm, but I thought it would be at least flush up against the phone?

No big deal, just want to make sure.
    To do this, you'll need three things: A pair of big, honkin toenail clippers, one of your wife's emory boards & a generous fortifying helping of cajones (it takes some stones to intentionally carve up a $200 gadget).

Using the toenail clippers, snip off most of the offending portion - you don't want to get too close using the clippers - just get the shape right. Take the rest of the material off with the emory board. Be warned, that you will be filing dangerously close to the actual chip inside the plastic casing. When you go too far, you'll see a thin copper strip running the length of the casing. You can expose this strip without harm, but don't damage it with the clippers or file. For me, that was a lesson well learned.

tdh
    Me too!

Originally posted by meyerweb
    Yup,that's normal. Do some searches, and you'll several thread devoted to cutting, sanding or filing down the top of the card to make it flush.

Me, I just live with it.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by tdhood

To do this, you'll need three things: A pair of big, honkin toenail clippers, one of your wife's emory boards & a generous fortifying helping of cajones (it takes some stones to intentionally carve up a $200 gadget).

Using the toenail clippers, snip off most of the offending portion - you don't want to get too close using the clippers - just get the shape right. Take the rest of the material off with the emory board. Be warned, that you will be filing dangerously close to the actual chip inside the plastic casing. When you go too far, you'll see a thin copper strip running the length of the casing. You can expose this strip without harm, but don't damage it with the clippers or file. For me, that was a lesson well learned.

tdh
    I did not use any nail clippers for mine. I used a small clamp to hold my 256mb SD card up agenst the dummy blank that was in my Treo 600 when I bought it. Then I just filed it down with a nail file, and then polished it off with an emery board. My finished SD card is a little taller than the blank, but I rounded it off and it works perfect. It still sticks out a little, but it blends in well.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I just held the card in my hand & sanded it down until it fit. It's too easy. No need for all these other extranious tools or methods.