1.    #1  
    Palm came up with a software update for the Treo 600 recently and I was wondering if any of you had downloaded it.

A couple of questions:
    1. Is it worthy?
    2. Would it require a hard reset of the unit?
    3. Would I loose any data/applications? What kind of info would I have to reenter? Voice Command addresses?

Thanks to all who respond.
    If you're talking about the Sprint version's update, yes it's worth it. The main thing it fixes is a glitch causing the unit to soft reset when you get an SMS.

Yes there's a hard reset. However during the install process, you're walked through syncing before and after the install so you back up and recover everything. And if you have an SD card and a backup utility, you can just restore the Treo after the upgrade, that will work too.
    at first I too was sceptacle..hearing the horror stories on this board made me not want to upgrade but like the post above do a hard reset first, upgrade and then reinstall via sd card and u shpuld be fine...at least there are no more resets when an sms comes in
    Only do it if you don't have any java based software. If you do, it wont work and treo mail beta package from handspring was trashed. Sprint troubleshooters finally told me that 1.1 was released too early and is not reversable. New release is coming.
    Tony
    Originally posted by tonyabraham
    Only do it if you don't have any java based software. If you do, it wont work and treo mail beta package from handspring was trashed. Sprint troubleshooters finally told me that 1.1 was released too early and is not reversable. New release is coming.
    Tony
    I have the Handspring beta mail app on my Sprint Treo and it still works fine after the update.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Same here, I have the beta mail app, and I use it without any problems.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre