1.    #1  
    MPx: Unique dual-hinge clamshell design opens up or sideways. Features include dual color displays, Bluetooth, wi-fi, QWERTY keyboard, Java, SD/MMC card slot, infrared, and touchscreen with stylus. Runs Pocket PC variant of Windows Mobile.

Ok, so I am a big fan of the Treo 600, BUT...

This MPx has so many features that here on TreoCentral others are saying is dreamland and many many moons before PalmOne/Treo will offer.

Hummm...all sounds good...so why is Palm so strugling this could convince me to switch.
    1. Bluetooth
    2. wi-fi
    3. QWERTY keyboard
    4. Java
    5. SD/MMC card slot
    6. infrared

Thoughts?
    I just love Palm OS and I will wait new treo610.......
    A few of things come to mind:

- This product is still not available. And probably won't be till later 2004. By then, who knows what PalmOne will come up with?
    - Did you check out the size of this thing? The only thing bigger is the Nokia communicator!
    - I wonder how all these function will work togeter. Windows Mobile is not known for its stability.
    - This phone requires two hands to operate.
    - How much does it cost? $1000?
    - Do I really need all these things, WiFi, BT, 1.3 M pixel camera?
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Rome
    - Do I really need all these things, WiFi, BT, 1.3 M pixel camera?
    Those are things I truly like...

BT...wireless ear piece
    WiFi...connect to the network at work while in a meeting
    1.3 M Pixel Cam...great for fun snap shots with decent pixel

It fully syncs with Outlook (all addresses for a contact, not just the mailing address).

Those are huge selling points for me!
    WiFi battery life has to be under an hour on a device this size. It's impressive that they crammed three modes into the device but just wait and see the battery life claims and then the real life truth. WiFi is just not good on mobile devices because it sucks way too much power. Even GPRS and 1xRTT are lighter on battery than WiFi. If you have all you can eat data, the email poposition is just as good over public wireless networks. I dont see a compelling reason for WiFi besides intranet access or data costs.
    wow that phone is cool. but we'll have to see when it actually comes out....we all know how accurate they are at predicting those dates.

here is a site with some info and great pictures of the motorola mpx. i have to say if it does come out and is as good as it looks, i might be putting my treo 600 on ebay.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=1908
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I'm troubled by the hinge mechanism. Even assuming that the hinge itself is sufficiently rugged, what about the cable running through it (carrying either the display data or keyboard signal, depending on how the components are distributed in the device)?
    Even the simple two-conductor speaker wire was a chronic point-of-failure in earlier Treos, and it only flexed at one point instead of two.
    Nifty mechanical arrangement, but I wouldn't trust it until they've been in wide use for half a year at least.

Rusty J
    600GSM/270/90
    TT3+SE T616(phone)+Battery
    Everything That Rises Must Converge
    This is why most technology companies fail. They all try to build the perfect device that appeals to every users out there. So you want Wifi, we have that....You want BT, we have that...you want 1.3 mpix camera, we have that.

In the end, the device ends up costing more than what most people are willing to pay, not to mention that most mainstream users don't need all the function. Just look at the size of this thing.....Brick Jr. Battery life, I don't even want to think about that.
    Originally posted by Rome
    This is why most technology companies fail. They all try to build the perfect device that appeals to every users out there. So you want Wifi, we have that....You want BT, we have that...you want 1.3 mpix camera, we have that.

In the end, the device ends up costing more than what most people are willing to pay, not to mention that most mainstream users don't need all the function. Just look at the size of this thing.....Brick Jr. Battery life, I don't even want to think about that.
    thats a good point. the battery on this thing better be one powerful unit because the energy drain is going to be monstrous with all those specs!

but it will be one awesome device - having wifi AND edge, with a 1.3 mpixel camera, qwerty, windows, etc.

im really going to be eyeing this nokia when it comes out because its got everything id want in a phone - EXCEPT - its form factor... it is pretty bulky. i will be anxious to see what palmone produces at that time - better os, faster processor, better camera... because im sure they will give it a run for its money.
    I agree. Caveat Emptor. Buyer Beware. A friend of mine does testing for this model and had one. He tried to clown my Treo but when I put it next to his slab, no comparison! I played with it briefly, hate windows although it was loaded w/ all the goodies we crave: wifi, bt, hi-res' media player, but battery-life is key for me too. Before I could delve deeper about that issue, he was out! Had to go somewhere. No straight answers which leads me to believe that batt life sucks hard! Wasn't hating on his device tho'. Very nice, but not as ergonomically friendly as T6. BTW, I know many gals and guys with the Sony Ericson T610 and that Nokia phone with the round dialpad. Both have bt and none of those folk use it! Or even know how! Many common folk are still clueless as to how bt works and how to effectively incorporate it in their daily lives. Only my tech-buddies and IT folk use it in cool ways. Once wireless scanners, printers and faxes come out with bt support along with a more secure bt freq., (no bluejacking)then I'll jump in full steam. After all, bt is about wirelessness. Just my lil digressive take on bt.