Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have the beta version of the Handspring email app loaded on my Treo 600. It works fine for sending and receiving messages, however, when I tried to email myself an attachment of 3 photos, I was unable to download them and received the following error msg:
    "This message is no longer on your email server. If you have another email program also checking mail for this account, you may have a copy there."

From other posts I've read on this forum, the Handspring app can handle attachments easily. As a cross-check, I sent myself an email attachment and used mail2web to access it on my Treo, and successfully downloaded the attachment, so I know the phone can download attachments, I just can't get it to work from the Handspring app.

FYI I have Docs to Go loaded on my Treo.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks.
    Do you have HS mail set to leave messages on the server? Also make sure you set your message size limit to 100K. Normally, if a photo exceeds 100K, the HS app will download just the message but provide a link for the attachment if you want to download it. What I think happens is if you have 'delete messages from server' enabled, then when it looks for it a second time for the attachment, the message has already been deleted. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thanks, that was exactly the problem. I thought I had turned the "remove mail from server" feature off, but I hadn't.