1.    #1  
    Will Lau posted this on the yahoo groups today.

Version 2 is in beta. Technically, it's an alpha since the full feature set is not in there yet.

We announced end of March as a target date a while back, we'll have to see how well the beta testing goes.

As for features we'll put up more details on our site as we get closer. But for now the biggies are:

* IMAP in Premier
    * SD Card storage (or rather archiving of old messages) of messages
    * GET Exchange Manager support (e.g. attach images from the Treo 600 camera from within the composer)
    * Much more polish all round including UI improvements.

We'll keep the public posted as the time comes nearer in March.

-Will
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    ANd is this going to cost another 30 bucks?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by yardie
    ANd is this going to cost another 30 bucks?
    pricing hasn't been set on the upgrade.

i got the lifetime upgrade when it was available, so it wont cost me anything.
    Felipe
    Woo Hoo! IMAP! Man, it's about time. Does the implementation support IDLE, and folders?

Dunc
    I just bought it about 2 weeks ago, I better not get charged for it.... But I cant compalin it is a nice app. Maybe will be worth it in the longrun.... will never know
    Note to self: Why don't you ever listen to me?
  6.    #6  
    Dunc,

Can't tell you what it will support (or not support).

BTW what is idle?

Ainvar,

Again pricing for upgrades has not been set and who will/will not have to pay.
    Felipe
    I really like just the way it is
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Can't tell you what it will support (or not support).

BTW what is idle?
    Idle is an IMAP command that lets the IMAP server push changes to the client. So if you don't get any new emails there's far less network activity going back and forth. When new messages arrive (on your server), or when you delete messages with your PC's email client, the changes get pushed to the Treo. Chatter supports Idle, and it's wonderful!

Dunc
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by Dunc

Idle is an IMAP command that lets the IMAP server push changes to the client. So if you don't get any new emails there's far less network activity going back and forth. When new messages arrive (on your server), or when you delete messages with your PC's email client, the changes get pushed to the Treo. Chatter supports Idle, and it's wonderful!

Dunc

This from Will this evening:

Yes it will support sub folders.

We have no plans for background async operation in 2.0 (i.e like Chatter).

SSL will be supported.

-W
    Guess no idle in the first release.
    Felipe
    Ahh that's too bad. A year ago, when IMAP was first promissed in Snappermail, I would have been fine with just plain IMAP (no IDLE). But now, after being spoiled by Chatter, with IDLE, I'm not sure that the (plain) IMAP that I've longed for in Snappermail is going to cut it.

Dunc