1.    #1  
    great feature set -- too bad not until fourth quarter ....

http://www.brighthand.com/article/No...0_Communicator

"Nokia has pre-announced the 9500 Communicator, a smart phone with an impressive feature set, including built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, a keyboard, and a VGA camera..."

"This smart phone will use a clamshell design. On the outside will be a screen, D-pad, and keypad. Opening the device up reveals a larger screen and a keyboard. The external screen will use the Series 40 User Interface on a 128-by-128-pixel display, while the inner one will use the Series 80 User Interface on a 640-by-200-pixel display.

This model will be a tri-band GSM device. It will also offer GPRS, E-GPRS (EDGE), and Wi-Fi 802.11b. If that weren't enough, it will also support Bluetooth for both audio and data..."
    it also says it was 'designed for the corporate it dept.' treo is designed for the masses, usable by the masses, doesn't cost 800 euros, uses palm os, and battery lasts more than 3 hours. nokia should be thinking a bit more, this sounds like another Ngage flop to me.
  3.    #3  
    true, 800 euros is an ambitious (and unrealistic) price -- I'd doubt it will really be introduced at that level. Mass sales won't happen at that price -- and its real expensive to make limited production run gizmos...
    Originally posted by BARYE
    true, 800 euros is an ambitious (and unrealistic) price -- I'd doubt it will really be introduced at that level. Mass sales won't happen at that price -- and its real expensive to make limited production run gizmos...
    As large as it is, I doubt they'll even attempt to target mass sales. Maybe if it were smaller, the masses would want it....only time will tell.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Did someone say "Brick?"

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!