Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I pruchased a Treo 600 from Sprint yesterday and was browsing the web today and came across Treo Central. Other than the design issues of the low res screen and poor camera there seem to be a lot of problems with the hardware and software. I would like to get the opinions of Treo 600 users regarding problems and reliability. Is it worth buying now or would it be better to wait until more kinks are worked out?

Thanks for your help.
    Ed
    what are we, slaves? if you can use a computer to get here, why not bother to look for an answer? It's all nice and organized, and works! You already purchased it huh? then why ask if you should buy it? buggy software huh? what have you installed? Oh, sorry i guess being your slave i'd already know the answer right? I suggest you hurry and return your treo, you obviously should never have been allowed to touch one, much less buy it!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    There must be a law written somewhere that there is always at least one of this type in every group. Too bad...it makes everything such a challenge!!!
    In response to your querry, there are bugs with the 600. I'm now on my third unit. My replacement just arrived today (THANKS SPRINT!). The bugs aren't restricted to software, as the earpiece speaker blew in my last unit. I've also met quite a few 600 users with similar problems. If I had it to do over again, I'd wait until the next rev.

As for deciphering the comments of the last poster, I really can't help you because I don't know what point he/she was trying to make.
    I think Christo's point was all too clear; what I am unclear about is why he bothered to respond at all, in fact why he would even bother to read the post since the subject line indicated fairly clearly what the question was. Others, under similar circumstances have responded with a gentle reproof together with a link or two to relevant threads. If one is going to respond at all to such things, this seems to me to be the better approach.

Patrick Brinton
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    pbrinton,

You are certainly correct...christo's response was very clear. Unfortunately, it was also inappropriate. All I can say is we are what we think about all day and attitude is everything.

If you read the posts on this site there are widely varrying opinions on the Treo 600. Most, including myself, seem to love the concept but there appear to be many problems with the hardware and software. Since the cost of the Treo is not insignificant I was trying to get a handle on whether any of the problems have been cleaned up either with the software update or production changes and was the purchase worthwhile. If this type of inquiry is inappropriate, then I am in the wrong place.

Boros understood exactly what I was interested in and responded as such and those comments are appreciated.

Ed Harty
    I got my first T600 on Halloween and it worked flawlessly until "someone" bumped it out of my hand and it dropped into a beer.

Got a replacement and I did have the dreaded System 3000 error and my Sprint Store replaced it with a new phone after the problem wasn't cleared up in 2 days.

No problems with the current T600.

BTW ... I love the Treo and it has become my key business tool on a daily basis. But protect yourself by getting a backup program like BackUpBuddy and remember to sync early and often!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    No problems at all for me - had mine since mid-October....
    The Tone of the first reply was unfortunate, but the advice was not. ALL the answers to your questions have been posted, more than once. Look, especially for the polls. Those who have had to return their 600s are in a distinct minority. But no one bothers to post messages that say "Another week with no problems."
    Originally posted by eharty
    I pruchased a Treo 600 from Sprint yesterday and was browsing the web today and came across Treo Central. Other than the design issues of the low res screen and poor camera there seem to be a lot of problems with the hardware and software. I would like to get the opinions of Treo 600 users regarding problems and reliability. Is it worth buying now or would it be better to wait until more kinks are worked out?

Thanks for your help.
    Ed
    GSM seems to be fine - my unlocked 600 functions great. Even with a heap of 3rd party software. Sure there are more Sprint phones out there but I tend to see a lot more posts about problems with Sprint phones.

When the rest of the world (namely the USA and China) come around to GSM, the better... I will be when I take my GSM phone to the States
    Originally posted by nzmoko

GSM seems to be fine - my unlocked 600 functions great. Even with a heap of 3rd party software. Sure there are more Sprint phones out there but I tend to see a lot more posts about problems with Sprint phones.

When the rest of the world (namely the USA and China) come around to GSM, the better... I will be when I take my GSM phone to the States
    I'm using GSM in the states, and have had no problems. The Sprint version came out first, so there's more information on it. Bring that GSM phone to the states, it will work on AT&Cingular and T-mobile's network.

I'm on my first phone with Cingular. The voice quality was a little poor so I updated it to 2.09. No problems since.

Also, this was posted somewhere else, but I'd like to repeat the sentiment. Forums like this are a place where people collect to talk about problems or issues they have. If you judge anything by reading the support forum, you'd think that either a) there's no one posting so it's a new product, or b) the thing is garbage. I try to keep up with this forum every day, but I usually have nothing to post (unless someone starts a thread: My treo's still working great and I love it, post a ping here every week <- which is still a repeated sentiment, but I wholeheartedly agree with it).

Thanks,
    c
    Originally posted by controller

I'm using GSM in the states, and have had no problems. The Sprint version came out first, so there's more information on it. Bring that GSM phone to the states, it will work on AT&Cingular and T-mobile's network.
    Cheers controller.
    Oh, just over 1 billion GSM subscribers (about 1 in 6 of the worlds population). Considering a fair chunk of the world can't even afford a phone, that's a whole lot of GSM
    www.gsmworld.com