1.    #1  
    I have looked through most of the posts, but everything seems so contradictory and unclear. Maybe we can get a few things sorted out here. There are several ways to hit the internet from a Treo 600 using T-Mobile service:

1: Use the 'free' WAP/GPRS service, with restrictions on access (what are they?)

2: Use the $4.99 T-Zones program, with some restrictions on access (what are they?)

3: Use the $9.99 T-Zones program, with some restrictions on access (how is this service different that the $4.99 service?)

4: Use the $20.00 unlimited data program, with no real restriction on access (incl., I think, HTTPS access)

So, what's better here. For me, I want to pay as little as possible, but I need HTTPS access to my credit card and bank statement, bill pay, etc. Is there a noticable difference in speed of service?

Again, I know this has all be covered at some point, but for us new guys its hard to piece it all together from several different threads with conflicting points of view.

In advance, I thank you all for your indulgence......
    Sorry, this post was made in the wrong thread
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    There is no appreciable speed difference from what I can see. Tzones used to be limited to port 9201 (wap) now it does 80, 110 and 25. (web, pop3 and smtp email) If you need access to web sites on other ports, or want to use VNC or terminal services, you need T-Mobile VPN access, the 19.95/month service. It is unlimited and can be used with a real laptop via the Treo or a GPRS modem. It's a great value compared to other wireless data plans.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    here's the best description of the different tmobile internet plans that I've seen.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=279517