Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C2511/

Oh yeah baby let me dump this 160 x 160 stone age Treo 600 design and revel in the future!

Oh yeah...

Oh yeah...
    Last edited by mgauss; 02/24/2004 at 02:22 PM.
    symbian????

you can't be serious or a current windows mobile user (which is kind of the same)
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Monday February 23, 2004 9:52 AM EST
    Source: Nokia

Nokia today launched their enterprise mobility solution for corporate customers. The new Nokia 9500 Communicator is one of the first cellular devices on the market designed to meet the demands of corporate IT departments for customization, manageability and security. The tri-band device supporting E-GPRS (EDGE) and Wi-Fi 802.11b is expected to be available in volume during the fourth quarter of 2004. The price (unsubsidized) of the Nokia 9500 Communicator is expected to be around 800 in Europe.

With the announcement of the new enterprise-class communicator series, Nokia's recently formed Enterprise Solutions business group evolves the company's portfolio of business-optimised devices to include a full range of differentiated devices.

"Nokia understands mobility better than anyone," said Mary McDowell, Nokia Enterprise Solutions' newly appointed senior vice president and general manager. "The Nokia 9500 Communicator combines our knowledge of enterprise customer needs and critical usability issues with our expertise in mobile connectivity and security, resulting in the first mobile device that enables fast and universal access to corporate services, and is backed by proven application and software support from leading IT vendors."

Like its predecessors from the first Communicator family, the Nokia 9500 Communicator takes the most popular office solutions mobile by bringing e-mail, personal information management, with PC synchronization, browsing, vertical enterprise applications and even document, spreadsheet and presentation creation into the pockets of mobile professionals, allowing them to effectively utilize their time while on the road.

Other features of the sleek 222-gram (7.83 oz.) device include:

- Tri-band GSM capability (two variants: 900/1800/1900 MHz and 850/1800/1900 MHz)
    - GPRS/EGPRS (EDGE)
    - Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11b
    - Symbian Operating System 7.0S Platform with J2ME Personal - Profile environment
    - In-built VGA camera & Multimedia messaging
    - Bluetooth audio and data support
    - USB connectivity (Nokia Connectivity Cable DKU-2)
    - 80 MB of free user memory
    - Two color (up to 65k colors) displays with
    - 640x200 pixels, Series 80 User Interface
    - 128x128 pixels, Series 40 User Interface
    - E-mail support: POP3, IMAP,
    - Email: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP, SyncML
    - Security: SSL/TLS, Ipsec VPN
    - Browsing: HTML/XHTML, HTML 4.01, JavaScript 1.3
    - Office tool support: documents, spreadsheet, presentations

Also unveiled were the Connectivity desk stand for convenient charging and synchronization with a compatible PC, the Mobile Holder, which firmly holds the Nokia 9500 communicator in place in the car, and the Antenna Coupler, which provides a connection to an external antenna. For personalization, optional color covers are expected to be available.
    Dear MGauss,

Nokia will have to choose between Windows Mobile and PalmOS, otherwise they will follow wordperfect. They are probably already too late with their decision, the reason for this is that there is a woman behind the wheel at Nokia, so no power to make a real business decision.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    $1000 dollars for a Symbian OS phone? That's how much the Nokia Communicator 9500 is going to be. It's not available right now. On the Nokia website it says that it's coming out in late 2004. I would rather wait for the Treo 610 spend half as much. Plus, have you personaly had one of those bricks on your hands?
    The new one is not going to be much smaller than the current one. My boss has one, and when he walks around holding it on his hand, it looks like if he is going to a riot to throw it at a window. It's HUGE.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Originally posted by mgauss
    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C2511/

Oh yeah baby let me dump this 160 x 160 stone age Treo 600 design and revel in the future!

Oh yeah...

Oh yeah...
    you won't need this because you're buying the 610 when it comes out in 6 days. right?
    Those keyboards look slow to use.

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/images/2511_super.jpg
    another thing....for a product of the end of this year UMTS is a MUST......but well, the nokia lady claims that only nokia understands mobility so they will rock the market with gprs.........whahahahahahahahahaha
    Why isn't this in the Nokia section of the site?

Nice phone, when it comes out.
    You know, it's all in what you want a device to do, what your priorities are, etc.

If your primary use is a phone, and you make only minor use of PDA functions, then this Symbian based phone is probably a great phone.

But as a PDA, it doesn't even shine the shoes of the Palm OS. And as a platform for applications, it's barely a blip on the screen. All that may change someday, but right now nothing I've seen comes close to the Treo as a powerful, customizable PDA with more than adequate phone functions built in.

If I want a portable game machine, I'll buy a Gameboy. If I want a digital camera & mobile photo gallery, I'll just carry a pocket size digital camera. But I want a powerful PDA with integrated telephony features, and the Treo answers that mail superbly.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Did anyone see the size of this thing? Converting the metric 148mm x 57mm x 24mm, I get about 6" x 2.5" x 1". It's pretty cool (the WiFi is my favorite), but it's BIG! That's almost twice as big as the Treo, especially in the thickness.
    looks like it was modelled on the titanic..you can't be serious about this "log" of a phone...still if you're out camping at least you can sleep in it..
    looks like it was modelled on the titanic....still, if you're out camping at least you can sleep in it..Nokia are way off the mark with their bulky, symbian phones...hi-res screens look great, I had a Tungsten T but they devour the battery
    Looking at the bottom pic, I thought it was a laptop. Imagine one up to the side of your head.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Originally posted by scandalex
    Looking at the bottom pic, I thought it was a laptop. Imagine one up to the side of your head.
    I have a picture of a prototype that they are testing right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....